[S] Warband - More Arrows, Bolts, Thrown - Itemkinds1 File - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Yitue

Regular
Hello there,

Just like I did for the original M&B I made an Itemkinds.txt file that increases the amount of arrows, bolts and thrown weapons you can carry into a battle.

I've noticed that a lot of people downloaded it for the original M&B And with the new weapons I did the same thing to help you guys out a bit.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
INFO

What I did is change the amount of arrows in 1 quiver of arrows or 1 bag of bolts to 250 and the amount of jarids and spears and so on to 80.

:arrow: 250 Arrows
:arrow: 250 Bolts
:arrow: 80 Thrown

This is not a lot of work to do but I just did it so you guys don't have to do it anymore

Consider it as a Mini-Mod for Warband.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
HOW TO INSTALL

I'm going to explain this step by step but it's fairly easy.

1. Download the itemkinds1.txt file and save it somewhere.
2. Now go into your Warband Folder, go into modules, click native and copy the new itemkinds file there. It will ask you if you would like to overwrite the files and you click yes. (this can also be used for other mods)
Download Link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1782

I hope you enjoy

Regards

The numbers are probably just a bit too high, can you honsetly imagine fitting 250 arrows in a quiver, or carrying 80 axes on your back? It would probably turn out much better if youe were to divide the numbers into either 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of what they are. 100 arrows is probably unrealitic, but it is more realistic than 250, however even 40 thrown weapons is overkill. Something along the lines of 15-20 would be much more balanced.

"The numbers are probably just a bit too high, can you honsetly imagine fitting 250 arrows in a quiver, or carrying 80 axes on your back? It would probably turn out much better if youe were to divide the numbers into either 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of what they are. 100 arrows is probably unrealitic, but it is more realistic than 250, however even 40 thrown weapons is overkill. Something along the lines of 15-20 would be much more balanced." [2]

It would be nice if it were arrows and crossbows: 50-60, javelins and axes: 13 and knives: 25 (approximately).
I would be more real.
Sorry for my english xD

bgfan said:
The numbers are probably just a bit too high, can you honsetly imagine fitting 250 arrows in a quiver, or carrying 80 axes on your back? It would probably turn out much better if youe were to divide the numbers into either 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of what they are. 100 arrows is probably unrealitic, but it is more realistic than 250, however even 40 thrown weapons is overkill. Something along the lines of 15-20 would be much more balanced.

For realism sake, 30 arrows in a quiver is a good amount.  But this isn't for realism.  This is for those of us who enjoy playing ranged types in single player. :wink:

Yeah, it sucks to run out of arrows when defending your own town or keep. Makes no sense that you don't get a chest like on the battlefield.

bgfan said:

if you don't like the amounts u can change them yourself, this is hardly a mod, would be sweet tho if somone made an app that does this similar to Janus's battlesizer or TweakMB,

here is how to change the numbers:

- open "item_kinds1"
- press "Ctrl + F" (you should now have a search box)
- Enter the desired item you wish to change - e.g. (BOLT = Crossbow ammo, ARROWS = Bow ammo, THROWING = Thrown ammo,)              <--- CAPS what to search for
- there are multiple types for each category e.g "itm_khergit_arrows Khergit_Arrows Khergit_Arrows 3" is the line u need to look for if u wish to change the amount of arrows in a set of khergit arrows.
- okay so you've found the ammo you wish to change, for this example ill use steel crossbow bolts

itm_steel_bolts Steel_Bolts Steel_Bolts 3  bolt 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  bolt_bag_c 3458764513820540928  16842758 1879048192 210 4398046511112 2.500000 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 29 258 0

this is the line of code you need, and the green number is what to change

itm_steel_bolts Steel_Bolts Steel_Bolts 3  bolt 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  bolt_bag_c 3458764513820540928  16842758 1879048192 210 4398046511112 2.500000 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 100 258 0

29 -> 100, now save the file, launch the game and each pack of steel crossbow bolts now has 100 in it as opposed to 29 like normal.

and it is exactly the same for all other ranged ammo.
simple  :grin:

- when changing thrown weapons u need to be careful as there is also a line for thrown_melee, which is obviously the melee mode of the weapon - you want to leave that alone

oh and this will be reset to normal each time u patch - how to avoid this, keep a copy of the modded item_kinds file outside your M&B folder and add it in after the patch

BobSels said:
Please tell me that this 'mod' is compatible with multiplayer? (I know it won't, tried it b4)

well it is, but the guy running the server needs to have it

Meh, who cares if it's not realistic :wink: It's a game right, let your imaginations go wild! :lol: And plus it's such a drag to search for more arrows, ect., over a whole battlefield.

I agree this is much appreciated! Especially when your defending your town.

Really? I can only hold 30 arrows for the whole siege battle?! Can't we find a latchkey kid somewhere to start whittling for us! Lol

could you tell me how to reset the throwing weapons and keep the arrows. I just dumbly copyed thefile straight over and forgot to make a save of the orginal so now i need to change back all the thrown ones. Reason being im scared of the thought of facing the nords now lol.

Well....for the Multiplayer-part, it shows you 250, but after you shooting the first 30 out, you dont make damage anymore. :mrgreen:

You can still shooting, but it dosn´t count.

Back
Top Bottom