Suggestion for Missions

Users who are viewing this thread

td_klondike

Knight
It seems to me that although there are a lot of components to this game that create a lot of variety in how you can play it, not all of them are terribly well thought out.  One of these, in my opinion, is the mission system.  I think it should be scaled a little bit to match your forces.  For example, if you go to a major city with over a hundred veteran soldiers in tow, is the guildmaster REALLY going to ask you to herd some cattle for him?  I'm not saying this mission doesn't have it's place, but if I have a strong army with me, of course I'm not going to do this for him.  It's a lot of time invested for a small reward.  Secondly, if he asks you to rescue a kindapped girl, are the offending bandits REALLY going to tough-talk you when have that same army behind you?  I really feel like they're on the cusp of something great with the non-storyline mission system, but they just haven't quite gotten there yet.  The lords' missions make sense, it's all just political intrigue in exchange for building a relationship, but even then, it'd be nice if the improved relationship meant more in-game.  Great, now that we're friends, I can marry your daughter.  Yippee.  Is that it?

If missions were scaled to be appropriate for your army size, there's a whole world of opportunities that open up.  Another example would be the prisoner rescue mission; with a small force, you're asked to sneak in and rescue them.  With a large force, you're asked to take the castle.  Or possibly given the option between the two, that'd be better for everybody, I think.  I guess that's pretty much how it's set up now, but if you capture a castle or town, you darn well better get a more significant reward, too.  Also, reserving all the "clear the bandit den" missions for a larger army would be good, and "deliver ale" missions should be reserved for smaller armies.

The economy seems to be designed so that you have to go out and do stuff because a large army isn't easily supported, but please, help us keep the forward motion!  After you're married, and you're buddies with a lot of the lords, and especially during peacetime, there's not much to do.  And as it stands right now, the luster of doing missions for people wears off quickly.  Help us fill in the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom