Overall , how is multiplayer here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Achul

Recruit
I'm waiting to get my graphic problem fixed before i consider buying this expansiong so if anyone can help me with it please do: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=106149.new#new

But in the meantime I hope some of you can answer my questions regarding multiplayer!
Is there some sort of campaign multiplayer, co-op etc? Not that I am sure how that would work!

Any ranking or such?

How is the multiplayer structure built? Is it talewords servers, private servers or IP to IP connections or all three?

How does one buy weapons? I mean is there like rounds and the winner gets more money like in Counter Strike or are there like scenarios with different starting stacks of gold or something else?

And overall how did you enjoy it?

Thanks everyone :smile:

No multiplayer campaign.

No ranks in-game. Battlegrounds.eu servers have some daily statistics, don't know of any others that do.

There are some official servers, lots of private servers, and an option for LAN play I think.

Yeah, buying weapons is pretty much like Counter Strike.

It's one of the best games I have played. Not flawless, but fun most of the time.

As the above reply says theres none of what you just asked, but the game is still great without it. My advice would be to buy the game, (which is pretty damn cheap anyway), and join a clan.

I get a tingle in my pants everytime I axe a random internet person in the face. Thankfully the multiplayer is full of that so this game suits me just fine.  :grin:

The core gameplay of the multiplayer is excellent although it is disapointing that this game lacks polish, like someone already mentioned there are no ranks.

But I saw this really cool thread with like war and taking territory like in Risk in some part of this forum. Like several guilds waging war with each other and doing diplomacy over forum but taking land in game. Whats that? All fantasy roleplay?

Achul said:
But I saw this really cool thread with like war and taking territory like in Risk in some part of this forum. Like several guilds waging war with each other and doing diplomacy over forum but taking land in game. Whats that? All fantasy roleplay?
Yeah, but those threads were about groups of players. Clans if you will. I feel that this subforum should be dedicated to clan-oriented topics alone, seeing as the reason this subforum was made was because the influx of new players discussing non-clan things in the Guildhall threw all the clan threads into later pages of the forum.

Well move the thread if you want/can.

But how does this work then? Is there a risk mode in the multiplayer part of the game for clans or is this all a sort of fantasy-rpg thing made up and people just join normal MP games when they are "invading" a land?

It's just people organizing it all on the forums. You can't actually invade another clan's territory. MP matches are purely combat based, like when you encounter some looters in SP.

Achul said:
Well move the thread if you want/can.

But how does this work then? Is there a risk mode in the multiplayer part of the game for clans or is this all a sort of fantasy-rpg thing made up and people just join normal MP games when they are "invading" a land?

I'm assuming your talking about this thread :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99917.0.html

Well how it works it, the clans (kingdoms) will post on this thread the details of the upcoming battle (Time,date,how many players and factions). After all of the terms have been agreed the battle will take place in-game. And at the end of the battle whoever won will take the hex or successfully defend the hex.

Since multiplayer is set in an arena based map, the oceanic players have set up a board game sort of like risk and we just battle it out in warband.

Back
Top Bottom