Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

I used this editor to make some items in my game, but they made the game crash, so I deleted them. However when I tried to play it only gave me an error such as "invalid item number: (number)" or "invalid troop number: (number)." Could anyone help, please?

@up: I assume u tried to load that save? I had that Issue as well, Idk how to solve it, but I just started a new game and it works fine.

@TOPIC: I've made a set of items for my character. The issue is this:
How can I make it exclusive for me, so no other ingame troops/npcs get access to it? Should I just mark it as unique? Or keep it in shops and just make sure to uncheck all the factions?

Hey Morgh, would really appreciate it if you could fix the prob with Europe 1200 beta 9, got this script out of range problem when I want to increase the town and castle garrisons . thanks dude

Hey ,
I have a question:
- Is it possible with this editor to make weapons like spears,pikes,lances etc... more effective against horses? cuz in vanilla m&b warband i feel the heavy horsemans too powerful u got a few and u pawn all the game and fighting / commandint your troops on the field is more fun , but the ai is so retarded to use the spears effectively so there is any way to slove this problem without nerfing the horses or removing them?

- I see under the item editor flags: + extra_penetraiton (what's that?)
                                                      + is_pike(WFAS) so it's only works with WFAS and not in warband?

I didn't see this questions asked before so... I think I found some sort of bug. When I create a new troop that upgrades from an existing troop, the new troop doesn't wear the armor I assigned them. It seems to alternate between a bunch of different armors the troop it upgraded from had. I tried going through and changing the armors set to the already existing unit, but that didn't seem to fix anything.

Oddly enough, this issue seems to be specific to the mod 1257 AD. I've created troops in other mods with this editor and it worked just fine. So is this a bug I can fix somehow?

Edit: One thing to note. When I first start up a new game or load my saved game, the troops I created are shown to be wearing the armor I want them to. But once I go into a battle, they start wearing armor I DONT want them to. And then I never see the armor I gave them again. o_O

KidStein said:
I didn't see this questions asked before so... I think I found some sort of bug. When I create a new troop that upgrades from an existing troop, the new troop doesn't wear the armor I assigned them. It seems to alternate between a bunch of different armors the troop it upgraded from had. I tried going through and changing the armors set to the already existing unit, but that didn't seem to fix anything.

Oddly enough, this issue seems to be specific to the mod 1257 AD. I've created troops in other mods with this editor and it worked just fine. So is this a bug I can fix somehow?

Edit: One thing to note. When I first start up a new game or load my saved game, the troops I created are shown to be wearing the armor I want them to. But once I go into a battle, they start wearing armor I DONT want them to. And then I never see the armor I gave them again. o_O

I actually figured out what the issue was! The mod itself has a feature that messes with troops items and rebalances them in-game. I just turned it off and everything works great. Love Morgh's! :grin:

So I searched back several dozen pages, and can't seem to find an answer for this -

What does "Capabilities: force_64_bits" do for weapon/shields?

Oh, and while I'm asking, if I lower weapon reach, will it decrease the overall length of the weapon, or just the distance the game makes it collide with enemies?

I can't open any Module's troops.txt. The Editor hangs, freezing indefinitely until I click it enough to where it says it's not responding.

Deathwhisper said:
adiSal said:
The problem is many of them don`t have any pole-arms to use in the first place. But the weird part is that if an unit has in it`s pool of possible items a pole-arm or two and a sword or any "secondary" weapon they all receive the secondary weapon but not all receive a pole-arm. And that`s what I`m asking, how can i force then to get a pole-arm as well as a secondary weapon as archers do?

You could use this script :

Code:
 ("force_weapon",
   [(store_script_param, ":agent", 1),
    (try_begin),
      (this_or_next|multiplayer_is_server),
      (neg|game_in_multiplayer_mode),
      (agent_is_alive, ":agent"),
      (agent_is_non_player, ":agent"),
      (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop", ":agent"),
      (eq, ":troop", "trp_YOUR_TROOP"),  #rename it to be your own troop
      (troop_get_inventory_capacity, ":cap", ":troop"),
      (try_for_range, ":i", 0, ":cap"),
        (troop_get_inventory_slot, ":item", ":troop", ":i"),
        (ge, ":item", 0),
        (item_get_type, ":type", ":item"),
        (ge, ":type", itp_type_one_handed_wpn),
        (le, ":type", itp_type_polearm),
        (neg|agent_has_item_equipped, ":agent", ":item"),
        (agent_equip_item, ":agent", ":item"),
      (try_end), #try inventory
    (try_end),
    ]),

It will force all the listed troops to spawn with all their melee weapons, including their polearm.

Is this still the only way to deal with this problem regarding units spawning with a single weapon?

Is there a way i can know what an item i want to edit looks like? For example, there are many different items called "Hat" so it's hard to know which hat i am editing if i don't know what it looks like.

ModestyBlaise said:
Is there a way i can know what an item i want to edit looks like? For example, there are many different items called "Hat" so it's hard to know which hat i am editing if i don't know what it looks like.

The floris mod is likely the easiest way to do that. Just open the game up in windowed mode and place it beside Morph's while you're editing. Floris allows all items to be viewed in-game under a menu system. Just select All-Items from the Reports screen. And it still has native weapons available for the most part so you should find what your looking for. I'm sure their are other ways but that's the easiest I've found so far for editing large amounts of items.

Muglos said:
Hello.

How do I add money to my companions inventory using this mod?

Can't be done through this mod as far as I know. Likely you'll have to dig into pythons to find it and do it manually. I doubt it's even part of the troops file at all. Although you could check the module_troops.py file to check see for sure. Just open it up in notepad or notepad++. Regardless of what py file you find it in you'll need to run the build_module.bat to get your text files so the game can use it.

Can you update it for V. 1.66? Unless the V. 1.40 you're talking about is the editor's version. In its current state, my dream of farmer parties with min 80 men and women combined isn't fulfilled yet! I also made the hunting bow have 55 pierce damage or something like that, but I don't think the effect applied. I even started a new game to try it out! But alas, my dreams of bandit parties with hundreds of men and less manhunters have also been short of achieved. So, yeah, can you update it?

Edit: At least when attacking villages with few people there are 55-60 peasants that appear as far as I counted.

Odd, been using it on the last 3+ steam patches and it's worked fine for bows, armor, and everything else I touched. Although, I've been using the python editor and not the txt editor. I think the txt editing had some issues with new patches. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is the "difficulties" not changing correctly. Other than that I never had an issue with any damage values on weapons in ither one I don't think.

Could be some hard-coded "cap" on the weapon damages though. Who knows. Haven't even played a mod that raises bows THAT high. Let alone want to sense that much base damage on a bow will be one-shotting everything regardless of armor when you get into late game if you don't change armor to compensate or tweak the ini file :wink:

EDIT: I was mistaken. It's the txt editor that works for the most part but not the python one. But yea it does have a problem with "difficulties" for whatever reason and an update would surely be nice :smile: But honestly once you get used to editing the pythons directly it's not all that bad. The structure is pretty easy to understand. Especially with Notepad++. Give it a shot. It's not like xml editing or c++ by any means. :smile:

Found the problem. It's a simple syntax error. It DOES work fine for editing troops.py's in the latest release. Just grab a decent free .py editor like "PyScripter" so you can run a syntax check and see where the problems may be after saving, if there are any. It may work perfectly fine for native editing without any problems at all.

For editing the Floris mod's module_troops.py this is what I had to do.
1. Make all the edits you want to through Morph's and save.
2. Open that saved module_troops.py file and scroll all the way down the end. Your looking for these lines.

try:
component_name = "troops"
var_set = { "troops" : troops }
from modmerger import modmerge
modmerge(var_set)
except:
raise

There's a spacing error in that part which Morph's causes during save. To fix it just replace it with this. EXACTLY this. Just copy paste and save.

try:
    component_name = "troops"
    var_set = { "troops" : troops }
    from modmerger import modmerge
    modmerge(var_set)
except:
    raise

Now Floris's compile shouldn't throw errors all over anymore. Need to do it every time you edit troops.py through Morph's though. Morph's works perfectly fine for Floris's items.py's though without having to do anything else.

Anyways, just thought I'd update. In case it helps someone out.

Back
Top Bottom