Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

You've made a lot of linked upgrade paths. So my first question is, do you see that swadian_cavalry (right?) in game?
Then, in order to minimize bugs, set the first upgrade path to a lower number as the second. So  40 / 38  to  38 / 40. Then I saw that you link from 930 to to 43. Don't know whether that works error free or not. Structure is a little chaotic :smile:

Next, to the unmounted troop, I've to try this first with my favourite example, the 35. swadian_recruit. I will mount them, If this works, the problem is not the code...
I'll tell you the results soon...

That works, here you see stupid looking mounted Swadian Recruits  :eek:

mb2.jpg

And this is what I have done in the editor:

swadian.gif

But it also works with your Calvary (cavalry ?), armed and dangerous  :lol:  :

cavalry.jpg

I changed AGI to 9 because riding is 3. I have only one horse in the inventory and put it to the top:

cavalry.gif

Morgh said:
You've made a lot of linked upgrade paths. So my first question is, do you see that swadian_cavalry (right?) in game?
Then, in order to minimize bugs, set the first upgrade path to a lower number as the second. So  40 / 38  to  38 / 40. Then I saw that you link from 930 to to 43. Don't know whether that works error free or not. Structure is a little chaotic :smile:

Next, to the unmounted troop, I've to try this first with my favourite example, the 35. swadian_recruit. I will mount them, If this works, the problem is not the code...
I'll tell you the results soon...

I'm not sure if upping the agility or moving the horse in inventory to position 1 solved the problem but either way one of those two things corrected the issue.  Thanks for working this out.

Seems i get some bugs, first, if you don't edit the troop in txt you can't edit it in the editor, though you only need to edit it in txt so that it doesn't rrequre admin to be edited.

After editing troops in editro the text file dissapears, i don't know where it went.

Kazzan said:
Seems i get some bugs, first, if you don't edit the troop in txt you can't edit it in the editor, though you only need to edit it in txt so that it doesn't rrequre admin to be edited.

After editing troops in editro the text file dissapears, i don't know where it went.

No problems here. Tool starts, you can add, delete, change entries, save them and getting a backup. But I run my system as administrator without user admin control. I can do all things without any problem... Always run this tool with admin rights, without it can't save to hdd...

"troop in txt" - text editor like notepad?

:???:

Yes, that first part was just because im using windows 7. But the second thing, what about that?

It doesn't save tjhe file in the module file and the original troop gets deleted.

Kazzan said:
Yes, that first part was just because im using windows 7. But the second thing, what about that?

It doesn't save tjhe file in the module file and the original troop gets deleted.

Check your target path. Is it write protected, are the files beeing used by the game, other editor, notepad, or anything else? Is there any other process who prevent saving to the target folder?

The software is making a backup to a file named  troops_[mm-dd-yyyy_hhmmss].txt  (date and time stamp). After that it deletes troops.txt and creates it new.
If the backup doesn't exist, and the there's also no troops.txt, the rights of the directory may be set to reading, changing, deleting, but not creating files.

I think I will also make a simple change to the saving routine, so it will change the file instead of deleting and creating new...

I just got an error; "Error No.13 occured in function 'ShowTroop'" and "Error No.13 occured in function 'UpdateTroop'".
All I did was select the farmer troop, click "Add" to add a troop, clicked yes to fill with data from the farmer, and changed some stats and items. When I first switched to the troop I created, it gave me the first error. I then tried to update it, and it gave me the second.

Kazzan said:
That's wierd, how do i change the rights of the directory?

Thats a bit strange. Normally you have full rights.

Open properties of the folder, select "Security". Then get full control:

ownp13.jpg

The screenshot is from the internet ( http://www.vista4beginners.com/Change-permissions-take-ownership )

Zajadu said:
I just got an error; "Error No.13 occured in function 'ShowTroop'" and "Error No.13 occured in function 'UpdateTroop'".
All I did was select the farmer troop, click "Add" to add a troop, clicked yes to fill with data from the farmer, and changed some stats and items. When I first switched to the troop I created, it gave me the first error. I then tried to update it, and it gave me the second.

May be a space at the name or ID, i fixed that in my code, but haven't released it yet. New version has a prevention using the space character :wink:

I reconstructed error 13 here a few hours ago, and fixed it.

Well, I have full rights in every folder from Program Files down to each subfolder in the M&B Warband folder. And I didn't use any spaces in the name, either. I'll keep looking for issues that I may have caused, though.

Zajadu said:
Well, I have full rights in every folder from Program Files down to each subfolder in the M&B Warband folder. And I didn't use any spaces in the name, either. I'll keep looking for issues that I may have caused, though.

Error 13 is a type mismatch at variables. I raised this using space char at a field, which one doesn't matter. This is changing the sort order of an internal array which contains the data.

Can you reconstruct this?

Well, it works now. The only thing I did differently was use a different troop to copy the stats from. I guess I could just blame Vista, it screws pretty much everything over.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for this nice tool.

I love this tool, great work.

I only have one question, using Swadian Knights as an example, if I change the Heavy Lance to Great Lance, it doesn't appear in the game, and the Swadian Knights just use shield and morningstar combination.

Do you know what causes it or how to make the AI use the Great Lance as the default?

(Note: Only three weapons were Great Lance, Knightly Heater Shield and Morningstar in that order)

Edit1: Seems to be the case with Heavy Lance and Normal Lance too.

Zajadu said:
Well, it works now. The only thing I did differently was use a different troop to copy the stats from. I guess I could just blame Vista, it screws pretty much everything over.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for this nice tool.

Hm, can't really follow what there was wrong, and what Vista have to do with it. Every template should work... But if there's a wrong character in a field it damages the whole entry. To prevent this v0.900 will check what people type in :wink:

Tiaexz said:
I love this tool, great work.

I only have one question, using Swadian Knights as an example, if I change the Heavy Lance to Great Lance, it doesn't appear in the game, and the Swadian Knights just use shield and morningstar combination.

Do you know what causes it or how to make the AI use the Great Lance as the default?

(Note: Only three weapons were Great Lance, Knightly Heater Shield and Morningstar in that order)

Check the follwing things:

- Guarantee flags
- Position of the lance in the inventory, put it above other weapons
- check STR (strength), proficiencies  (is the lance to heavy for the npc's strength?)

In 99% of all cases the values are wrong. Always start with less items, look at the sort order of the items, and so on.

So, I'm at the batch copy functions (a separate form). This will take full concentration, because it's very vulnerable to errors. So I'm in the background for a few hours.

This is the new feature:

copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom