Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Was hoping to get a little help here, is there a way, through morgh's editor, to tinker with the AI of troops such that I can alter when they swap to different weapons?

EX: making a mounted unit use polearms only if mounted, use ranged weapon if outside X distance from enemys, use sidearm if surrounded by Y number of enemies in Z range, etc.

Also,  I was wondering if I could get a quick explanation as to how I could change faction relationships with each other, one of the mods I'm playing has one faction basically at perma-war status with the others.
Wasn't sure if the "factions relations" section of Morgh's Editor was for this or not, hence the post here.

HI MORGH, AN URGENT QUESTION, I HAVE THE LATEST MOD EUROPE 1200 BETA 9 FOR MB WARBAND, YOUR EDITOR IS PERFECT EXCEPT IT CAN NOT MANAGE THE LARGE PARTIES AND TROOPS AND ETC IN THE BETA VERSION BECAUSE THEY KEEP ADDING NEW FRACTIONS TO MOD. IS IT POSSIBLE YOU COULD MAKE THE EDITOR MANAGE LARGER AMOUNTS OF PARTIES AND TROOPS ETC??? PLEASE.  : )

I have a question, How would move an item from one mod to another, for example, their is a special sword in one mod but not in an other, so I want to add that special sword into the other mod. Thanx!

hey , I've been here for a while (since M&B actually) but I never got around to letting you know this tool for warband made the game SO MUCH better since you made it easier to change things in the game when I was playing someone else's mod

(even though I did build my own mods using the python modules)
:lol: :grin:
Cheers

Sengoku Sushi said:
I have a question, How would move an item from one mod to another, for example, their is a special sword in one mod but not in an other, so I want to add that special sword into the other mod. Thanx!

you need several things

one : the OpenBrf tool
you open Modulename/Resource/FILENAME.brf with the OpenBrf tool
export the sword model
you then take the Textures from the Modulename/Texture folder

you place the textures in the newModulename/Texture folder

you then use the OpenBrf tool to create or open an existing BRF file in newModulename/Resource/
import the sword model that you exported (the name that appears here is important - you can rename it but you must remember the name)
import the textures
import one of the textures as a material
the others are usual used as Bump and Specular

two: Morghs Editor
use morghs Editor create a new sword ,give it stats and then on the top right there is something called "Meshes"
you write the name (the one I told you to save) in the right one and click the update button below it , click on Update Item on the top and then click on Save Changes

if you don't know how to do some of the stuff (like using Open BRF)

there are plenty of toturials out there

Please help me. Morgh's editor for me is a 5 star editor, and high respects to the creator. I've been using it alot lately, it works okay. But then, suddenly, when I wanted to add a custom weapon, I used Nomad_Bow, and renamed it to Tatar_Bow, I edited the accuracy, price, damage etc. it suddenly popped up saying this " Error #9 occured in function "ShowItem". Index problem. The program tried to read data from a variable index which doesn't exist. Maybe data in file is damaged. Try to restart the program." So that's what I'm dealing with. I'm editing a M&B Warband version 1.153.  Please, A humble soldier is seeking help to any superior intelligence that could help me out. I'd appreciate it!!!

Okay, so this might take a while :c I will go through step by step my problem with vivid detail so as not to miss anything. 1. I download morghs. 2. I set my directory to mount and blade warband, mods, and then to native (As that is what I was editing). 3. I messed with the stats of the swadian knight. 4. I then clicked update troop. 5. I clicked save changes. 6. I made a backup as prompted. 7. I started up the game and clicked NEW game. 8. I beat the first part where you have to beat the bandit. 9. I recruited  swadian infantry. 10. I cheated by using ctr x to get him to a swadian knight. 11. I clicked talk to see his stats. 12. absolutely no changes. What did I do wrong?

Hey there, first time user and I'm having issues trying to edit some of the NPC companion/hero stats in the Prophesy of Pendor mod.

Namely Diev, Sigismund, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldiran, Julia, Alyssa, Alistair, Boadice and Frederic. I want to give them all 30 to Strength and Charisma, with 15 in Agility and Intelligence. Then 5 to each skill and 100 in every weapon. Also those NPCs starting at Level 1.

I have followed all of the steps but after starting a new game, nothing seems to have changed. I have searched for "companion" and "companion stats", things like that but only a couple of posts turn up and with nothing useful, hence creating my own.

Any help would be much appreciated, or even better still; should someone feel the need to help me out by doing it for me (seeing as I'm literally pulling my hair out with this now), that would be amazing and you could have my first-born.

EDIT: Tried yet again, still nothing.

Okay, I'll go through the process of how I'm attempting to do this.

The editor is set to "Text compiled files" as recommended for a first-time user.
Directory is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.611.

1 ) Opened the editor.
2 ) Clicked on "Troop Editor" on the right-hand side.
3 ) Scrolled down the list until I find desired NPCs, as stated above.
4 ) Changed the stats of each one and removed all items from their inventory.
5 ) Made sure to click "Update" before moving along to the next.
6 ) Saved once everything had been done.
7 ) Checked to see if there was a dated backup file in the mod's directory, which there was.
8 ) Closed editor.
9 ) Fired-up M&B Warband, PoP mod already selected.
10 ) Started a new game. There are no current saves in the Savegame folder.
11 ) Went around to taverns, to gather companions.
12 ) Alyssa and Diev are there in Sarleon, both wearing all of their gear and nothing has changed.

I've tried this a bunch of times and now I'm just getting seriously frustrated.

EDIT2: Figured out what was wrong! Man, I am jumping around like a lunatic lol. The original troops.txt needed to be moved and the backup renamed to "troops.txt" and everything works.

Ye im having the script out of range thing too, its because the .txt files are too large to edit for example Europe 1200 beta 9, which I would really like to edit... hopefully Morgh can increase the range? : )

Lord of the Rhoyne said:
Hello everyone. I am a bit unexpirienced, but is there a way to physically view item and units with this editor?

No.  For that you would need OpenBRF found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/1466/?

Now for a question of my own.  I pray someone out there knows what this problem is.

I added some items to my game.  Nothing I haven't done before.

1. Placed the BRF file in the "resource" folder
2. Modified Module.ini to load the new BRF file
3. Added appropriate DDS textures to the "textures" folder
4. Copied existing item in Item_kinds1 changing the currently used model to the one I just added.

Has worked every time for me until now.  This time, however, while the item appears in game and in the marketplace even, when placed on my character (it's a helmet) the item appears beneath my characters feet!

What am I doing wrong.

Originally I had modified an already existing BRF and just imported the meshes and then created a new material for them with the textures.  But while that was getting the model into the game, it was not reading the texture and the item was invisible so long as it was on my character.

I'm at a complete loss here.  I haven't a clue what else to try or do.  Does anyone have any insight?

what is the .py? I have only .txt of warband.. btw I downloaded it and it's basic but it works.. only problem with it is as it seems I can't change the faction of the lords.. even though it gives me the option, I save it, but still doesn't change it in the game.. but rather than that it's good.

PS. I have modded the Diplomacy mode so it's not native, maybe that's the problem?

Love this editor, has made me fall in love with M&B all over again! Thank you so much!

However, a suggestion: Perhaps adding  1 Handed, 2 Handed and polearm options to the Guarantee area? Would make it easier to give pikemen both pikes and daggers rather than just one or the other.

Aside from that, it's amazing. :grin:

Yorkblack said:
Hi, I don't find how to change the opinion of a town/village about the player, anyone know how to do ?
Not sure if that is actually possible in the editor. Go check again, I'm not able to right now, otherwise you're going to have to go through the files manually.

Back
Top Bottom