MP Antiquity [WB] Blood&Sand - A Gladiator Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansvanio

Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Introduction

This is my new project, its called Blood&Sand, and its a Gladiator mod for Mount and Blade Warband based on the series "Spartacus". The mod will be for MP only, and will bring some new features to warband. Progress is going on great, if we manage to keep it like this mod shall be out soon :grin:, we will have it before summer, i hope.

• Status

Everything is goin on great :grin:, we are near a closed beta, most code is done.

Models - 5%

Scenes - 20%

Coding 80%

Art - 30%

Features

Green -  Yes
    Blue - After first releases
    Red - Hopefully

- New Weapons
    New Armor
    New Maps based on Spartacus
    New Factions
    Lots of new troops based on real gladiators
    Need of more strategy
    Dual Wielding
    Counter-Troops ( Troops made to take down other troops)
    More throwing weapons (Swords, Axes, Spears,)
    Less Armor, More Skill ( This mod will require a certain ammount of skill, for you cannot count on armor to protect you anymore)
    Armor Protects Less/You are Faster
    More Blood ( Like in the series :grin: )
    Nets

Factions&Troops
    (These are the troops for the first release,more will come.)

House of Batiatus

The house of Batiatus has been one of the finest gladiator schools of Capua for generations, hiring the most promissing warriors from the empire, and training them till their ready to be worthy of tittle.... They present us with the following gladiators....

Thraces
    Murmillones
    Secutores

House of Sulonius

The House of Sulonius has been the big rival of the House of Batiatus, it seemed pretty defeated after Theokeles death on the arena uppon Spartacus blade, but Sulonius has proven himself a influencial man on the senate, will his house prevail again on the world of entertaining blood?...... We can count with the following gladiators..

Thraces
    Galli
    Provocator

The Arena Guards

These are the guards of the arena, they bring in the gladiators, they bring them out, men of brave who put themselves in the frontline, when the feared riots of gladiators appear

Presidium
    Praeses
    Custodis

The Pitt Fighters

These wretches uppon earth, are the men who consider themselves animals. They fight the most angry and offencive way without caring for their lives just for seconds of fame, honor is not counted by these warriors....

Pugna
    Rabidus

Ludos of Rome

The Best Gladiators of Rome in their full glory, these are the men that spent their lives entertaining the public for coin, honor, and fame. May they fight with other cities ludos for the glory of winning for their home.

Velites
    Retiarii
    Rudiarius

Ludos of Pompeii

The Ludos of Pompeii always had the most exotic warriors of the mediterrain, is their divercity good enouph for the trained warriors of Rome and Capua? Its up to you, to find out.

Hoplomachi
    Scissores
    Rudiarius

Maps
    (These are the maps i intend to do.... for now)

The Colossium
    The Arena of Capua
    The Pitts
    The Ludos of Capua
    The Arena of Pompeii
    Capua

Info

Teams&Strategy (Entry 1) - On the making of teams, you will have to pay atention to the players skills, for a good distribution of classes will guarentee the sucess of the team, in a game like team deathmatch, if a team plays with tactics, they will probably put their Rudiarius on the front, who are troops designed to fight the Retiarii, put some of Thracians on the back and sides, for they are the average gladiator (Gladius, Rectangular medium shield, one-arm armor, and a helmet) and some Velites (Skimirishers) in the middle, to throw their "Hastas". Well if this team stays within the formation, the other team will just spent herself on waves against the formation. Soo to suceed you must train well, choose well, and play well.

Tridents&Mirmillos (Entry 2) - Im already making tridents for the Mirmillos. They originally used the tridents along with a net and shield, but since the net is not implemented yet, they will use shields. The point on the Mirmillo is, when facing an upponent who wont turn his back to skimrishers, flank im from the sides, injury him with the trident, and allow the gladiator who was facing him give the finnal strike. The trident is a slow weapon, and might be useless without the support of a net or a friendly gladiator, soo in a moment of panic the Mirmillo might want to throw his Trident who if hits the opponent will result in a insta kill, and then run in chance of loot another weapon.

Gaulls (Entry 3) - These are barbarians who belong to the House of Batiatus, They have a weak shield, and may use spears, axes and swords, altough they are weak alone, they are deadly in 3-4 groups, for they can use spears on the wings, and axe and sword in the front.

Horses (Entry 4) - I have left horses out of the first version, but they will be on next versions, and horse riders may only fight other horse fighters, unleass its a special match, and in that case the horse riders shall use only range weapons  (Throw mostly) along with some mans on foot.

Team

- Tansvanio
    - Ku Aborough
    - The Athenian
    - Mephisto

Credits

- All coding is beeing done by tansvanio.
    - Some art taken from Spartacus Official site.
    - The Athenian for a wonderful ground sand with blood  :mrgreen:
    - FreeStyler for his Sig
    - The Athenian for his Sig
    - Models from Ku Aborough
    - Good info and help with textures from The Athenian
    - Mephisto is working on some scenes
    - Barbarian Invasion Models, credits go to every creator of them...

Jobs

- Right now, i need someone to make images for the mod, like the "main" thingie, sigs for publicity and images to use in the game
    - I also need someone to make good models, due to the huge amount of models to do, the faster we get models done, the faster the mod releases :grin:
    - You can do the following scenes:

Arena of Rome
    Battle of the Auxiliarii ( first battle against the barbarians )
    The Ludos
    Arena of Pompeii
    The Pitts
    Random Arenas​

You got my interest, I love Spartacus! Such an awesome show  :grin:. Its almost perfect... lots of sex, violence, gore, good story...  :lol:

Not really spartacus, but batiatus and selonius existed in real hisory. He took the theme from spartacus. Good luck tansvanio, i might be able to so some scenes, when you come to that stage.

Interesting, so I'm not the only who picked the subject.

Good luck with your own mod, I was waiting until the module system was released to make my own thread.  :smile:
Not sure about basing it off some Television show, but to each his own.  :neutral:

kahael said:
This is relevant to my interests.
Seconded.

Besides, what's wrong with basing a mod on a TV series? Everything's based on something, more or less.

I wish you good luck with this and as a computer design student myself I'd have loved to help you but unfortunately time is a luxury I haven't got that much of. :sad:

Kittenhuffer said:
Besides, what's wrong with basing a mod on a TV series? Everything's based on something, more or less.

I'm basing mine off of the Colosseum and the actual history behind it.

I'm just saying that I'm not sure how good something based off of a TV show could really be. Games based on movies don't tend to be so great.

His mod, his choice though, I'm keeping an eye on it.

Spartacus is awesome! :mrgreen:  A bit cartoony and over the top with the screen covering blood explosions/scene transitions, but awesome show!  Right up there with HBO's Rome and 300, I think.  Lucy Lawless is hot as a redhead too!  Both shows extremely violent and realistic, sorta puts Gladiator to shame <-a disappointingly short movie that should have at least been a trilogy.   

Hope this mod will include chariots and wild animals as well, that would be frickin sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom