MP Antiquity [WB] Blood&Sand - A Gladiator Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank you all for the support :grin: , i have based this on the theme of spartacus like in the world, for this is only going to be a MP mod.

Good luck. I enjoy the setting of the mode being in a controlled environment, like the arenas and the ludos. I'm sure it makes it FAST to play. Death possibility tweak is a must :smile:.

Great idea for an mod!

Just one piece of advice please make the Gladiators somewhat Historical(names already seem to be) :razz:.

I watched an episode and I disagree... It seems more like the style of 300 while being somewhat more Historical.

I'm talking about Historical Gladiator archetypes with the right armor and weapons fitting to the archetype. No supergladiators mixed from different types like in Deadliest Warriors.

uhm...if i remember well, in Hegemony 260 BC for the v.0.960, there were some gladiators' equipment...you could try to ask for permission to use them and then reskin them...:smile:

tenerife_boy said:
mmmmmm not sure but, this mod will got hoplites????

"Hoplomachi"

Romans created Gladiators fitting Mythical beings and beaten enemies.

Hoplomachi represent the beaten Greeks. Fighting with an small round shield, spear and a dagger.

Nice accurate Reenactments of Gladiators:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tvllias#p/u/3/qeBRR4lUYN4

Theres a class of Gladiator called the Rudiarius, who are gladiators who won their freedom but still want to fight in the arena. Since their free they dont have to use the costumes their masters please, soo, they will have a vast set of items to choose from, you can choose stuff to make it look like an hoplite, but a hoplite class, sorry no xD
  Besides hoplites in the arena would result in massacre, hoplites need a well armed formation to atack properly

Not really, most Hoplites would be militia so wouldn't be that good at individual combat however there were ofcourse great individual fighters. And having two spearpoints on one spear gives some flexebility.

So eh, you're only gonna fight in arenas? How will that work? You're not gonna be able to roam around killing lords?
And i think you should check hegemony for models u can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom