Multiple Wives :D

Users who are viewing this thread

bgfan said:
Do not get me wrong, i have nothing against newbs personally, it's just that their inexperience wiht forums often angers me whenever I see 10 million Helpz me i iz a nubz0r popping up, or the I can't install warband, or the I complaints about WB or Mods not being exactly as they wish, and going on to say they hate us all, an wish we were never born.

Well, I just simply don't post/read those threads and do whatever I was doing. :smile:

About *mb2pimp,* heh, but the women don't work. I just give them all a good time myself :grin:. I just think having multiple wives give more *freedom* especially in a sandbox game and if they don't implement it(Doubt they will), I'll just put it in The Chaos War :grin:.

Amroth said:
Sounds like an idea for a future mod.  Goes along with the Gay Marriage suggestion.

Pretty sure Gay relationships during the middle ages was seen as evil and punishable by death.

Maybe secret relationships hmm?, would be an intresting subject to start a war.

(Just so we all know i have nothing wrong with gay people.)

Multiple wives is a really nice idea, subject for a sleazy mod for sure. Playing as a member of the sultanate I must say I do like the idea  :twisted:

And I don't think it would diminish the idea of marriages carrying political power, just because the dude has other wives doesnt mean he wouldn't fancy your daughter the most, which would give her ample opportunity to manipulate

Feragorn said:
And as to the multiwife prospect. It wasnt really a thing in the middle ages...

Well, I think it was the thing to have a "mistress" as well as a wife but probaby a high-borne noble's daughter wouldnt want to be relegated to that.

I went and did an edit to the game that allowed me to marry multiple times once. The problem that came with it was that only the family of the last marriage was considered my family. Every previous marriage was overwritten. The wives would stay in my castle, but their families didn't like me very much. Although I guess that would be realistic?

It was actually pretty simple to make possible. Look at the code. Most of the numbers around the sentence choices are modifiers that determine *when* you can say/choose those lines. Only a few sections of the numbers are actually needed to make the choices selectable. If I remember correctly it's only the section just before and after the sentences themselves. By just removing all the modifier numbers, it made it so the choices were *always* available. Male/female didn't matter, neither did anything else. I could perform quests for a lady one after another immediately, if she didn't agree to marriage I could ask again immediately... Still things like that broke immersion so it got boring pretty fast. It's only fun if it's immersive.

Well, it certainly would be much easier to elope multiple times and to do that first, find this line: dlga_lady_elope_agree:lady_elope_agree_nurse 69631 1055  0 Quickly,_then!_There_is_no_time_to_lose.  1056  0 NO_VOICEOVER
Mine says 1056, then you could just apply this number after any line you want linked with ladies, for example this line
dlga_lady_captive_talk:lady_captive_confirm 4095 1033  0 What?!_What_infamy_is_this?  1034  0 NO_VOICEOVER
Replace the 1034 with 1056 and every time you refuse to let a stranded lady leave will cause you to elope with her.  :lol:
You could put it else where too, I use the latest diplomacy and every time I ask a lady do you know any ongoing feasts, I get to elope with her, and it's quite fun because she can also join your retinue and you can form an army of wives, you can give them fiefs as well if you use diplomacy, but be warned ladies have personalities when made into a lord, eg. convention and moralist are upstanding or kindhearted. The other wives should be best kept in your party. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom