[S] Retro Faction Recolor Mod (Release 1.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1770&posted=true#c_7173

This mod is simply a recoloring of the factions back to the old native way. This mod was created in Warband and may not be compatible with lower versions (Given its simply one file with the Sarrinid Faction implemented I'd assume no.)

For this mod in general I tried to choose more vibrant colors with less blandness. They aren't neon, but are more subtle powerful hues. For example ingame the Swadian Orange looks almost molten, the Vaegir's green is a forest hue, and the Kherjit Purple is more bold.

The Coloring as of Warband:
Vaegir - White
Nord - Cyan
Rhodok - Green
Swadia - Orange
Kherjit - Purple
Sarranid - Yellow

Recolor Mod:
Vaegir - Green
Nord - Yellow
Rhodok - Cyan
Swadia - Orange
Kherjit - Purple
Sarranid - Sandy Tan

Screenshots: (These are Jpegs, they really don't do the colors justice)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Ebonyassassin2/swad-vae-nord.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Ebonyassassin2/kher-rhod-sarr-1.jpg

Installation:
Copy this file into your module of choice (Back up your old factions.txt) and vula, please do note however that you MUST start a new game for these changes to take effect! (However I have not tested a world reload to see if they'd work then.)

Awesome. I like the Warband colors but after a while they hurt my eyes because they're so bright.

Nice, I also don't like the white color, when I see vaegirs troops close to some bandits I have difficulty to see the difference. Same when I travel on the snow part...

You should ask for this to be moved to the Warband mods forum, it might get more attention that way.

GenericSoldierX said:
Nice mod, can you tell me how to change the Player Faction's color?

also would like to know this

i remember a mod in original m&b where u could pick a banner, change ur faction colour anytime u wanted... was very cool, wish such features were modded into WB

thanks for this

Excellent mod, I am glad I get to see old color for these factions.  I am very used to the old factions colors from mount and blade, so it is great to see these mount and blade factions color in warband!

So I thank you very much for this mod.

:smile:

Eagle out...

Thank you ... Much better I took to the old colours and cannot change easily:smile:
But can you give me a code to change Sarranids into Blue ???? Thank you again :smile:

The new TweakMB versions have sections where you can alter the colours of each faction using a color picker.  It's really easy to use and it gives you the examples of native mount n blade colour-schemes in contrast to the newer warband selection.  It's good.

I also took some slight liberties in picking these colors, for the basis they are normal vanilla colors, but I tried to pick hues that had a sheen to them, some a bit brighter.

This is a god send mod. I hate the white as I can't see a damn thing during day time. Many thanks for sharing this.

Back
Top Bottom