Archer's Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, very nice guide :smile:

Martinet said:

CrimsonShroud said:
If I do that, I ask someone for a shield. I will advance with the infantry, somewhere in the middle, and as the enemy charges my firendly infantry I shoot from the sides hitting/killing/ several enemies before an enemy reaches me which I either then proceed to melee or I get a teammate to keep him busy.
Being so close to the fight, usually means that your friends KNOW that there is a friendly archer around and they will try to get their enemy's back open to your shots. But still I aggree that it is best to be used when you have VoIP with your teammates.
A crossbowman is less suited for this job as he has to stand still to reload and fires not fast enough. (It is better to go into melee with your board and sword)

Yeah, I am sure people can make that style work, it's just not something I usually try.  I play as more of a lone ranger type =p  I'll do it when getting to the castle walls as an attacker, but then break off and find a nice vantage point to snipe from.  On flat open maps with lots of cavalry running around, I still prefer the cover of a good rock, tree, or random building most of the time.  Now, if I was part of a guild using voicechat, then I am sure I could be pretty successful sticking with the main group.

You don't need to be part of a guild, I might be  in a clan but I have worked together with many people who are in a different clan or not in a clan at all. If you play on EU servers you are more than welcome on the Unofficial EU Warband Teamspeak 3 server. (Info at my signature)

MaHuD, I'm in the central US, so euro servers aren't so great for me ping-wise.  I'm really not taking this game too seriously just yet (PvP serious I mean).  I just jump on for 30 minutes or so once or twice a day, if that.  Just having fun.

dragoon47 said:
guyyyyssss, stop givin away our seecreeeeeetssss.

:mrgreen:

I enjoy better competition!  It makes for a stronger game!

These come from personal experience so results may vary: When leading a target aim the amount you aim normally by instinct and then reduce that to 3/4 for the sweet spot. Also if infantry gets close and you have no way to get away switch to melee, block attack and kick after which you have a small window to run away :smile:

Great guide man, I have only one thing to add. Use zoom only if your target is stationary. When leading not using zoom feels more natural and easier. For me at least.

Nosfe said:
Great guide man, I have only one thing to add. Use zoom only if your target is stationary. When leading not using zoom feels more natural and easier. For me at least.

Your eyes must be a lot better than mine then =p  I play on a 19 inch monitor and don't have eagle vision, so I pretty much always zoom to shoot anything farther than 20 yards away.

Damn it man... I was in the process of writing this guide... you were faster and I must admit, yours is far better than mine. Thanks for taking a huge load from my shoulders :razz: I cannot add more to this, only one advice:

If you want to learn archery, do as I did: no armor, no melee, just a bow and 3 sets of arrows. Either you kill them basterds, or you die. This is the hard way of learning archery but I recommend it, for it made me a good damn sniper. (<---- Show off)

May the crazy arrows be with you!

I guess going naked in battle just improved your field awareness, but not your sniping skills. Improving the last ones just takes hours of training.

you do trust me.  :roll:
nice guide! lucky for the new guys it got stickied most of those things come natural when your playing and paying attention

My advice to archers would probably be to stay facing in the same direction for as long as possible so you don't see me behind you preparing to administer a nord haircut; only it looks like enough people are doing that already...

Back
Top Bottom