Archer's Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

for the people who are more experienced in archery i may have the tactic to save you life(your characters ofcourse). if a mounted guy is after you, the first thing you'd want to do is try to fire as many shot as possible ofcourse, then get you melee weapon. if he's amost in lance range step to the other side of his horse(or the side where his weapon isn't) so you avoid his lance(if you have the time try to hit him with you melee weapon). he is most likly to be confused and so try to take the oppertunity of shooting at him while he's confused. if you miss until he comes back repeat this procedure or try another tactic to suprise him.

this was my archer tactic, hope you liked it. :grin:

Berethorn said:
for the people who are more experienced in archery i may have the tactic to save you life(your characters ofcourse). if a mounted guy is after you, the first thing you'd want to do is try to fire as many shot as possible ofcourse, then get you melee weapon. if he's amost in lance range step to the other side of his horse(or the side where his weapon isn't) so you avoid his lance(if you have the time try to hit him with you melee weapon). he is most likly to be confused and so try to take the oppertunity of shooting at him while he's confused. if you miss until he comes back repeat this procedure or try another tactic to suprise him.

I liked it, but...yeah some people on horses (Like me) Have a shield on their back that they dont use,you might want to shoot that thing of first  :grin:

IsuckatXbows said:
Berethorn said:

I liked it, but...yeah some people on horses (Like me) Have a shield on their back that they dont use,you might want to shoot that thing of first  :grin:
you can stil shoot the horse or hit him in his feet when he's past you :grin:
and plz guys don't call the SPCA for animal cruelty again...
lol :lol:

Nice guide, I made good use of this advice as an archer.  I don't know if there is anything more satisfying than saving a teammate's life by dropping the guy about to kill him.  I was on a nice streak earlier today, and actually had infantry thanking me for taking out the guys bearing down on them.

One of my favorites was when a cavalry teammate had his horse killed and got tossed, and the Rhodok was about to crush his skull, but I managed to snap off a head shot to save him.

A close second was when several of us were rushing to the flag, and I saw an enemy sneaking up behind the last guy in our group, before he could bring the sword down I shot over my buddy's shoulder and put the arrow between the enemies eyes.  It was a terrible angle, the arrow practically grazed his face, but I figured if I didn't take the shot he'd be dead anyway.

I'm glad the guide is still helping people.  Ironically, I play almost exclusively as infantry now.  I sometimes wonder how many of the archers I run into, that make my life difficult, have read and made use of this guide.  I certainly see a lot of the tactics I mention at work, and it's frustrating to be on the receiving end of them ;o)

being an archer online is great, but i think they should add an option to make archery more difficult but if you are good at it it rewards you. i just can't think of anything... because when shooting at great distances you'll have to shoot a lot of arrows to hit a person, just because of the circle. what if there were an option to make you shoot more accurate but make it more difficult to shoot with. that you can really look over your bow and your bow moves up,down,left and right. just like in real archery.

tell me what you think guys( and girls :grin:)

This is great quide :smile:
I learned good tricks!

And i am going to try learn chamber blocking! :grin:

I usually create a 'kill-box'. Basically, while mounted, circle your enemies to get them bunched up and centered nicely, then just poke 'em with your sticks 'til they don't breathe no mo'. Easy way to take on high level infantry deserters even as a level one.

Back
Top Bottom