SPOILER!! The Hidden Chests

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun

Marquis
This thread contains directions to the Samurai gear hidden in the towns for those of us who, like me, are too lazy to go out and find them for ourselves.

Box 1 contains a sword and boots and is in Jelkala, in some bushes.
Take the first right after entering Jelkala, go past the castle entrance, through the arch next to the tavern and then turn right.

Box 2 is in Tihr, under the leftmost bridge.

Box 3 is in Rivacheg, and the directions are:
Go through the town dead ahead until you come to the area in front of the Count's door. Turn right and you'll see steps to the battlements (they're hard to see). Go up, turn right and walk across the rooftops. You should see it dead ahead.
TIP. It is easy to get to if you don't try and jump onto the battlements where the chest is. Go onto the roof to the left and jump onto the chimney. It provides a useful stepping stone to get through the crennelations (sticky up bits) on the battlements and near to the crate.

EDIT: For those who don't know, these are in version 0.751.

Don't you think you should edit the thread topic to NOT include the items of the spoiler? Otherwise, you already spoiled it for people who would want to find it on their own.

Lol you can keep looking if you like...this were probably extremely hard to find. For example the one completely underwater...talk about luck.

Hatuey said:
Lol you can keep looking if you like...this were probably extremely hard to find. For example the one completely underwater...talk about luck.

accually that one wasent that hard, i had the dynamic lighting off and it was at night, so the chest looked like it was shining

HardCode said:
Don't you think you should edit the thread topic to NOT include the items of the spoiler? Otherwise, you already spoiled it for people who would want to find it on their own.
OK, changed it to Hidden Chests.

Has anyone else noticed that the katana and the Odachi have a certain... scintillating quality about them? The substance of the blade seems to change rapidly, and NOT because of the lighting.

ArabArcher35 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the katana and the Odachi have a certain... scintillating quality about them? The substance of the blade seems to change rapidly, and NOT because of the lighting.
Yes. I noticed that too.

However, this is meant to be JUST for the locations, as there are already other threads talking about the properties and we don't need more.

Hey, I admit that I am a noob, so how do you enter those towns so that you can freely walk around and not have to travel via the menu (count, smithy, merchant, tavern)?

Shadowcreep said:
Hey, I admit that I am a noob, so how do you enter those towns so that you can freely walk around and not have to travel via the menu (count, smithy, merchant, tavern)?

There should be a "enter town square" option.  What version of the game do you have?

Xavier said:
There should be a "enter town square" option.  What version of the game do you have?

Right after I posted I realized that .750 is out and that I was running .711.  :mrgreen:

Sorry about that.

And can you store the armor and swords back in the boxes just in case you want to have them later?

Fel said:
And can you store the armor and swords back in the boxes just in case you want to have them later?
Absolutely no idea. I suspect so, however; you can store items in the Zendar Chest, so why not these hidden ones?

These function exactly as the Zendar Chest. So you may store any items except horses (well those too if you butcher them) in them.

Has anybody found any more boxes?  I have a feeling there's at least one more.  It doesn't make much sense to put together a whole suit + weapons and be missing the gloves.

I'd like to finish off the set, just because I'm a novelty person and like collecting rare things.  I finally got my watered steel scimitar today, and it really really hurts.  I'm thinking the third chest would probably have the gloves and maybe a bow.  Samurai were also skilled bowmen, so it makes sense.  I wouldn't mind a nice mace, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom