Destroy Bandit Lair quest

Users who are viewing this thread

SurreallO

Recruit
Hello,

I need to clean a bandit lair, but I'm not able to find it. The quest is from Boyar Vuldrat, lord of Khudan. Does anyone knows where it is?

There is no lair.  In the quest it will tell you the location.  They quest bandits will be called "troublesome bandits" or something.  Here is a the quest wiki page.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

khornebread said:
There is no lair.  In the quest it will tell you the location.  They quest bandits will be called "troublesome bandits" or something.  Here is a the quest wiki page.

not true

i once got a quest form my fellow lord to clean up some forrest bandits , and to locate the lair i would have to follow them to their resuply point , the thing is that it should be near his city and it isn't , i can't find any blue bandits (i used to see all) so this is a bug

SurreallO said:
Hello,

I need to clean a bandit lair, but I'm not able to find it. The quest is from Boyar Vuldrat, lord of Khudan. Does anyone knows where it is?
Which bandits? The lair is placed at random within a designated area and is invisible until you get close to it, easiest way to find it is patrolling the area where there's ****loads of the bandits in question.
khornebread said:

Wrong quest, this is a new one.

Not the starter quest, but the bandit lair quest a Lord issues to you.  How do you find the bandit lair?  I can't seem to find it, and I've used cheats to lift the fog and tried talking to a captured bandit but nadda.  How am I supposed to find it?

(thx for merging my thread, mods, I didn't see this one)

u can only find the lair if its in ur LoS, doesn't matter if you use the cheat to remove fog

you still need to be close to it, once you are, you can go away and the cheat of removing fog will work

so the only way is to travel around the map...

if its forest bandit camp, well look around in forests, usually near dhrimm-uxkhal

mountain bandit camp- in rhodoks mountains, i think near grunwalder castle, in the north

these are the camps i know of, the rest you really need a lot of luck to find them..

dont forget, they exist, but cheats won't work to see them :/

First of all, thank you for the game dear developers.
Second of all, it is overprices for this kind of gameplay. Though it is normal state of things in our time (beta versions you have to buy, release of another unplayable beta version at even higher price, etc).

And the most important of all: attacking bandit lairs with 6 warriors - is the stupidiest idea of the most moronic type of person can be found on earth these days. And these days there is lowest IQ ever found on our Planet.

I understand that there are no mounted troops in assault on lair: we must keep quiet. But why the hell ONLY 6 WARRIORS?! Other didn't make it? Through what?

OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bad gameplay. This is not fun, developers! This is called PAIN IN THE BUTT! You really think anyone should buy the game for the pain in the butt? Well, maybe those morons usually called "hard core gamers" would buy the game for pain in the butt. To have terminator type of character, usually slender woman with enourmous breasts and butt in sexiest underwear, wielding this huge cock sword.

Burn in hell!

From what I can make out, the various bandits only spawn at their respective camps; so look for areas with a lot of the type of bandits you are looking for, and try trail them back to their base. If you find camps which you are not required to destroy for a quest (white name instead of blue) I would suggest leaving them so you have easy enemies to fight, loot, and gain morale from - unless you own towns or villages in the vicinity and want to boost trade and stop villagers being killed, for increased prosperity.

Reverend L. Lamb said:
DC0 said:
OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team?
It does, all battles are populated from the top of your party list.

This is true for all battles... but this one. I tried to go with my finest huscarls to teach bandits the way to a better world, but it seems it somewhat randomly choose who gonna come with you. THAT is stupid.

I'm fine with the 6 warriors team, it gives us players a welcomed challenge. But not being able to choose the assault team isnt that good, especially since we are supposed to sneak them, so experienced troops would sneak better ihmo.

Edit: Since those hideouts are really hidden, and allowing some bandits to rout make them rout toward a castle, not the lair, i will refuse quests given by lords to seek them on purpose. But since i noticed lords doesnt give you anymore missions when you become a lord yourself (by swearing oath), i dont have opportunity to either accept or refuse any quests.

Find a group of bandits and follow them. They will eventually go back to the base. If it's a forest bandit camp search every forest in the area of the faction that gave you the quest (obviously)

Something similar happened to me. Sometimes the quest appears BEFORE the lair, so even if he tells me it's there, it really isn't and I can't complete the mission. Basically, it doesn't respawn.

Hello,

The time I had to find and destroy a Tundra Bandit lair near Khudan, it was right along the edge of one of the rivers in that area, nestled in some trees. It took me a while to find that one, actually.

First of all, thank you for the game dear developers.
Second of all, it is overprices for this kind of gameplay. Though it is normal state of things in our time (beta versions you have to buy, release of another unplayable beta version at even higher price, etc).

And the most important of all: attacking bandit lairs with 6 warriors - is the stupidiest idea of the most moronic type of person can be found on earth these days. And these days there is lowest IQ ever found on our Planet.

I understand that there are no mounted troops in assault on lair: we must keep quiet. But why the hell ONLY 6 WARRIORS?! Other didn't make it? Through what?

OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bad gameplay. This is not fun, developers! This is called PAIN IN THE BUTT! You really think anyone should buy the game for the pain in the butt? Well, maybe those morons usually called "hard core gamers" would buy the game for pain in the butt. To have terminator type of character, usually slender woman with enourmous breasts and butt in sexiest underwear, wielding this huge cock sword.

Burn in hell!
Merriam-Webster needs to make this the new definition for "Overreaction"

Reverend L. Lamb said:
DC0 said:
OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team?
It does, all battles are populated from the top of your party list.
I did this in vanilla Mount & Blade.  Now in Warband I have Jeremus at the bottom of my list, yet he often appears in combat with me.  Not sure if it is entirely accurate.

fenisnad said:
Hate to necro, but came across this while having the same question. Turned Truesight cheat on, no mountain bandit camp anywhere.

Geezus, how did you even find this thread... anyway... using the truesight cheat doesn't reveal bandit camps, it's pretty much the only thing it doesn't reveal.

Finding the camps isn't really that difficult either. The person that gave you that quest is without a doubt the owner of a town. Look up what town he owns, and the bandit camp will be near that town.

Also, the locations of these camps tend to make a lot of sense. What I mean by that is that Forest Bandit camps tend to be located inside forests... so what you should do is ride through all the areas with trees near that town. Likewise if you are trying to find a sea raider camp... you should be riding along the coast to find it... since you know... they are 'sea' raiders. Mountain Bandit camps are found up in mountains, but they are actually pretty annoying to try to find since the only time you will be given that quest is in Rhodok Territory, and it's full of mountains.

The really hard ones to find are steppe bandit camps, dessert bandit camps, and tundra bandit camps, since those can literally be anywhere near the town... though... from my experience... dessert bandit camps tend to be in very open areas of dessert far away from any cities or villages. Same with tundra bandits... though usually I have a lot of luck finding them in the forests just like forest bandits.

As far as steppe bandits go, I'm not really sure, I always avoid being near khergits since battling them takes soooooooooooooooooo long since they are all mounted and are always running away from my nord army. Though the same basic principle applies to all bandit camps, the bandits will always circle around their camp, and if you get lucky, maybe you will catch one of them with their travelling message saying "Patrolling around camp" (or something like that) and that gives a you a good indication where you are close or not.

If you are dead set on using cheats for this mission, then just teleport to areas near the town and ride around a little and see if you find anything, if not just rinse and repeat. (Also teleport is ctrl + click, but you probably already know that you dirty little cheater  :wink:)

Back
Top Bottom