Author Topic: Destroy Bandit Lair quest  (Read 12979 times)

SurreallO

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Destroy Bandit Lair quest
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »
Hello,

I need to clean a bandit lair, but I'm not able to find it. The quest is from Boyar Vuldrat, lord of Khudan. Does anyone knows where it is?

khornebread

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Can't find bandit lair
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
There is no lair.  In the quest it will tell you the location.  They quest bandits will be called "troublesome bandits" or something.  Here is a the quest wiki page.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

Crroatian

• Master Knight
  • I kill for fun...that's why I'm always bored.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
There is no lair.  In the quest it will tell you the location.  They quest bandits will be called "troublesome bandits" or something.  Here is a the quest wiki page.

not true

i once got a quest form my fellow lord to clean up some forrest bandits , and to locate the lair i would have to follow them to their resuply point , the thing is that it should be near his city and it isn't , i can't find any blue bandits (i used to see all) so this is a bug

Reverend L. Lamb

• Vengeance Incarnate
  • Administrator
    • Skype - lost-lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »
Hello,

I need to clean a bandit lair, but I'm not able to find it. The quest is from Boyar Vuldrat, lord of Khudan. Does anyone knows where it is?
Which bandits? The lair is placed at random within a designated area and is invisible until you get close to it, easiest way to find it is patrolling the area where there's shitloads of the bandits in question.

Wrong quest, this is a new one.
'We put all our politicians in prison as soon as they're elected. Don't you?'

'Why?'

'It saves time.'

Vormund

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Peasanty
Destroy Bandit Layer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
How can you find a bandit layer without having to get captured?

Jute

• Sergeant
  • Deliciousy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Jute
  • M&BWBNW
Re: Destroy Bandit Layer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
I think you just have to stumble on them.  I've accidentally found a few when I was traveling before.

CtrlAltDe1337

• Sergeant Knight
  • Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: nK_CtrlAltDe1337
  • M&BWB
How does the "destroy bandit lair" quest work?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »
Not the starter quest, but the bandit lair quest a Lord issues to you.  How do you find the bandit lair?  I can't seem to find it, and I've used cheats to lift the fog and tried talking to a captured bandit but nadda.  How am I supposed to find it?

(thx for merging my thread, mods, I didn't see this one)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:07:40 PM by CtrlAltDe1337 »

HolyDevil

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
Re: Destroy Bandit Lair quest
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
u can only find the lair if its in ur LoS, doesn't matter if you use the cheat to remove fog

you still need to be close to it, once you are, you can go away and the cheat of removing fog will work

so the only way is to travel around the map...

if its forest bandit camp, well look around in forests, usually near dhrimm-uxkhal

mountain bandit camp- in rhodoks mountains, i think near grunwalder castle, in the north

these are the camps i know of, the rest you really need a lot of luck to find them..

dont forget, they exist, but cheats won't work to see them :/

CtrlAltDe1337

• Sergeant Knight
  • Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: nK_CtrlAltDe1337
  • M&BWB
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
OK thanks guys.  Guess I'll be patrolling around the desert for a while :P

DC0

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Attacking Bandit Lairs
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
First of all, thank you for the game dear developers.
Second of all, it is overprices for this kind of gameplay. Though it is normal state of things in our time (beta versions you have to buy, release of another unplayable beta version at even higher price, etc).

And the most important of all: attacking bandit lairs with 6 warriors - is the stupidiest idea of the most moronic type of person can be found on earth these days. And these days there is lowest IQ ever found on our Planet.

I understand that there are no mounted troops in assault on lair: we must keep quiet. But why the hell ONLY 6 WARRIORS?! Other didn't make it? Through what?

OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bad gameplay. This is not fun, developers! This is called PAIN IN THE BUTT! You really think anyone should buy the game for the pain in the butt? Well, maybe those morons usually called "hard core gamers" would buy the game for pain in the butt. To have terminator type of character, usually slender woman with enourmous breasts and butt in sexiest underwear, wielding this huge cock sword.

Burn in hell!

Reverend L. Lamb

• Vengeance Incarnate
  • Administrator
    • Skype - lost-lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 09:37:16 AM »
OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team?
It does, all battles are populated from the top of your party list.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Yes, yes you definitly are.
'We put all our politicians in prison as soon as they're elected. Don't you?'

'Why?'

'It saves time.'

Vornne

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Vornne
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
From what I can make out, the various bandits only spawn at their respective camps; so look for areas with a lot of the type of bandits you are looking for, and try trail them back to their base. If you find camps which you are not required to destroy for a quest (white name instead of blue) I would suggest leaving them so you have easy enemies to fight, loot, and gain morale from - unless you own towns or villages in the vicinity and want to boost trade and stop villagers being killed, for increased prosperity.

Yodarkore

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Yodarkore/Talanaya
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »
OK, 6 warriors. Let me think. They must be the best of the best in this case, right? Commando types! Right. But why in this case THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE my assault team?
It does, all battles are populated from the top of your party list.

This is true for all battles... but this one. I tried to go with my finest huscarls to teach bandits the way to a better world, but it seems it somewhat randomly choose who gonna come with you. THAT is stupid.

I'm fine with the 6 warriors team, it gives us players a welcomed challenge. But not being able to choose the assault team isnt that good, especially since we are supposed to sneak them, so experienced troops would sneak better ihmo.

Edit: Since those hideouts are really hidden, and allowing some bandits to rout make them rout toward a castle, not the lair, i will refuse quests given by lords to seek them on purpose. But since i noticed lords doesnt give you anymore missions when you become a lord yourself (by swearing oath), i dont have opportunity to either accept or refuse any quests.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:58:37 AM by Yodarkore »

Mithra

• Recruit
  • Mortal Enemy of Rhodoks and Sea Raiders since 1989
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Mithra
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 06:39:43 AM »
Find a group of bandits and follow them. They will eventually go back to the base. If it's a forest bandit camp search every forest in the area of the faction that gave you the quest (obviously)

Tiberius

• Worshipper of the Frodogorn
  • Sergeant Knight
  • Herpus via Derpus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Nack
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 06:41:38 AM »
Something similar happened to me. Sometimes the quest appears BEFORE the lair, so even if he tells me it's there, it really isn't and I can't complete the mission. Basically, it doesn't respawn.