Version 0.750 Edit Mode Tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

The Edit mode for version 0.750 has been improved considerably, but I guess the new stuff requires some documentation. So, here it goes...
  • With 0.750, Edit mode works properly only in windowed mode (The toolbox is not visible otherwise). So, you will need to hit Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode whenever you wish to use the edit mode.
  • In order to use mouse look you need to hold down left mosue button while moving the mouse.
  • You can right-click on scene objects to select them. The object under the mouse will be highlighted green and the selected one will be highlighted yellow.
  • You can double-click on the list in the tool-box to quickly add new objects.
Well that's it. I hope you'll find this little tutorial handy.

I know it's noobish, but could we have a '.750 module system' sticky?  I'm just starting to learn the way the system works, but I don't want threads to fall off the bottom of the page.. :S

Sounds to me like it was better before. That's a terrible interface. The main good feature of the earlier version was the great interface. I don't see why you felt a need to downgrade it.

I thought that but i've just been using it and its a lot better.
Cheers Armagan keep up the good work.

I've been using it too and it's a horrible mess. It used to be so clean, simple, and effective. It was a beautiful peice of work and now it's barely usable. :cry: We'll be doing all our scenes in .731 and porting them over to .750 just to avoid that thing.

Now it's just clumsy and frustrating. I'd rather be bored than to be able to compare my modding experience to stubbing my toe over and over for 10 hours a day.(That seriously is how long on average Tegan and I work on the mod)

Just tried the new edit mode. I like it, makes some things simpler.

The only things I can think of to change at the moment:
1. Make the edit mode window pop up on the right side, as it covers the data on the left side.
2. Switch the functionality of the left and right mouse buttons. Seems counter-intuitive the way it is now with left-click doing mouse look and right-click selecting objects.
3. Add in some way to move more quickly around. Larger scenes can be a pain to navigate with the slow movement speed. Perhaps just have the Shift key make the camera move 3X as fast (or more) while held.

Ah edit mode, fulfilling my wildest dreams one disturbing..
face3.jpg

creation..
own3.jpg

at a time.

Janus said:
Just tried the new edit mode. I like it, makes some things simpler.

1. Make the edit mode window pop up on the right side, as it covers the data on the left side.
2. Switch the functionality of the left and right mouse buttons. Seems counter-intuitive the way it is now with left-click doing mouse look and right-click selecting objects.
3. Add in some way to move more quickly around. Larger scenes can be a pain to navigate with the slow movement speed. Perhaps just have the Shift key make the camera move 3X as fast (or more) while held.

Try holding down the "Ctrl" key as you move.

Leodan Flamelock said:
Janus said:
Try holding down the "Ctrl" key as you move.
Aha, will have to try that. Didn't realize there was already such a thing in place.

True, it makes you move twice as fast if I'm correct. Nice scene's there leodan, and thanks for the improvement mr. Creator!
By the way, did you just run through the cart so it looked like it was attached to the horse?

Can we please have the edit box not so tall? It doesn't quite fit into my pathetic 1024x768 screen.

Also, it does this really annoying thing, it snaps to the bottom of what it THINKS is the top of your taskbar. Well it guessed wrong in my case, I use a double-height taskbar since I usually have lots of windows open. So the base is obscured most of the time. Please remove the snap feature so I can reposition the edit window! Right now I have to work around this by moving my taskbar to the top of the screen, which just feels all weird and upside-down like.

Can someone tell me how to change entry point numbers and game menu numbers for passages and entry points? The +- keys don't work and the silly edit window isn't taking my changes.  :sad:

Raz said:
True, it makes you move twice as fast if I'm correct. Nice scene's there leodan, and thanks for the improvement mr. Creator!
By the way, did you just run through the cart so it looked like it was attached to the horse?

I just ran over a river pirate on horse, pressed "F11" ( freezes all actions ). Built the chariot in edit mode attached to the "moving" horse, and made it seem as if it's back wheel was bouncing off of the pirates head.

fisheye said:
Can someone tell me how to change entry point numbers and game menu numbers for passages and entry points? The +- keys don't work and the silly edit window isn't taking my changes.  :sad:
Sorry, just now had a chance to check it out. The edit window is working for me to change entry point #s. You should be able to just type in the number you want it to use in the first box. Not sure what the second box is for. As soon as you type it in, it should be changed. It will still be named "Entry Point 0" in the list for the time being though. Select another entry point and then switch back to see; it should show the number you entered in the box.
To update the list, just use Ctrl+E to exit edit mode and save your changes, then go back into edit mode again. You should see it now correctly named "Entry Point 9" (or whatever you set it to previously).

Unfortunately, the +/- keys are indeed inoperational.

Back
Top Bottom