How do you become a king in warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

OK MY INTERNET SUCKS ON TALEWORLDS. I am sorry! And I used the search button, I see nothing. Ok, now I need to stop raging and start talking. How do I become a king in warband? IF you guys can give me a link to a tutorial or write one here that will be awesome. I am sorry i have to bother you but I suck at searching. By king I want to create my own faction, like King Harlus of Swadia, I want to give land to my lords and stuff. Thanks

Im not 100% sure about this, but I believe in order to be king/ruler of a faction you have to conquer a castle or town.

"If you are currently in a faction," after you take a castle it gives you an option to take it as your own or give it to someone else, you need to take it for yourself. And if you get a message back saying that the king decided to give it to someone else, you then have to options, "accept his decision and get a small reward" or "renounce your allegiance and take the castle for yourself" The 2nd option is the one that you want to take to be a king.

If you have anymore questions, or this was unclear just let me know. And I am not Completely sure of this but I believe thats how its done.

Well, i think if you go to the taverns found in the main town, you can find main characters that you can recruit... you may also be able to talk to other lords that are a part of another faction and convince them to join you(but this i am really unsure of)

Hope this helps

That's pretty much it, but if you want to get there fast, just attack and take a castle or town of any faction and take it, while not being in a faction. But you should be uber badass first, since when you do that, any faction can attack you. So... yeah. I'd prefer Kusky's way. Oh and when you do it my way, your faction becomes named "(insert faction name here of which settlement you just took) Rebels", but I think the same goes for Kusky, not sure.

I just canceled my oath with the king , took a castle and i have Choose a name after i captured it... and it doesnt say anything bout rebels

ExDrT said:
I just canceled my oath with the king , took a castle and i have Choose a name after i captured it... and it doesnt say anything bout rebels
So yeah, the rebel thing only works when you just take a castle without being in a faction, then.

Thanks Dushatar and Kusky, your posts have helped me as well  :grin: I am presuming it works the same way as when you are helping a claimant to the throne and you can recruit lords then.

Ive tried leaving my king but I no longer get an option to take a castle or a city when I click on it.  Do I need to do something else?

You need to have negative relations with the faction that you're trying to take a castle/ town from.

Lennit said:
You need to have negative relations with the faction that you're trying to take a castle/ town from.

The enemy hate me and i leave my factions , but i cant attack a castle/town. Thats **** , because in Wercheg are only 100 defender and its easy to take.
I tried to get it as vassal and than leave the faction again , but than i have nothing.

Any help?

What if you let the King or Lord take the property you captured, and you didnt renounce your oath? Is there anyway to get it from that point, because i've captured so many territories and I want to start my own kingdom.

Guys I think you are mistaken with Mount & Blade and Mount & Blade:Warband.
I'm going to buy Warband,so I haven't played it yet.In Mount & Blade you can't become a kind(if you have a mod you can),but in Warband you can(I don't know how ,yet).I'll play Warband and I'll tell you.
Btw support the company and don't download the games we have economic crysis and this small company is doing such a great job.

How to become a king in Mount&Blade Warband
Very simple
1) Get an army
2) Attack a fort, or city without being tied to any faction
3) Win the battle
After that, you will get some popup messages, and a chance to name your kingdom.

To get vassles and marshals, simply go to a tavern, recruit someone and talk to them.
To get a vassle, click "I wish to ask you something", then "How do you feel about holding.."
Same thing with recruiting a marshal, just talk to them.

"Simples."

Sorry for double post, forgot to mention you can rename your faction at any time by clicking camp - take an action - rename...

Enjoy :smile:

So how do you get your vassals to raise armies? I've captured Sargoth and given it to Matheld, but she just vanished... She left the party and isn't in the tavern at Sargoth nor the Castle...

mezzanine said:
So how do you get your vassals to raise armies? I've captured Sargoth and given it to Matheld, but she just vanished... She left the party and isn't in the tavern at Sargoth nor the Castle...
they will show up after few days whit some small number of soldiers.you can also give them some soldiers that you regruit.

Back
Top Bottom