How do you become a king in warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's the same in the modern world.If you wanna be a president, you have to be married, or else no one with take you seriously.

Xprez said:
cocoman213 said:
OK MY INTERNET SUCKS ON TALEWORLDS. I am sorry! And I used the search button, I see nothing. Ok, now I need to stop raging and start talking. How do I become a king in warband? IF you guys can give me a link to a tutorial or write one here that will be awesome. I am sorry i have to bother you but I suck at searching. By king I want to create my own faction, like King Harlus of Swadia, I want to give land to my lords and stuff. Thanks
theyr doing it wrong
you need to gain RIGHT TO RULE first if you dont have enough they will see you as a threat and every faction is gonna attack you just talk your companions '' only the ones with a name for example: nizar, i wish you to ask something then click on the thingy with king'' you get 3 right to rule everytime they come back
and you should get married to it boost your right to rule alot
and before you start your own kingdom get atleast 40-50 right to rule

ok. i got 99 right to rule (and had it even before was married), i am vassal and i got 2 villages, 5 castles and 9 towns... how many fiefs i must have for not get next fief from king ? :razz:  And how about if i tell that next fief should get my husband?  it counts or not ?

Then become a Priest or whatever, throw away your Rusty Sword, and retire without having killed anyone.

THERE IS NO HONOR IN wait what am I doing?!? *TURN ON CAPS*

right. THERE IS NO HONOR IN POSTING POINTLESS POSTS!

Ancestral said:
Is it possible to become king of an existing faction ? By political maner or like with a claimant ?
nope even if you captured the king and defeated the faction,
and you ask for him to join you.
He will say ''i dont need to join you my vassals will rescue me''
something like that its a bug..

Reki said:
Xprez said:
cocoman213 said:
OK MY INTERNET SUCKS ON TALEWORLDS. I am sorry! And I used the search button, I see nothing. Ok, now I need to stop raging and start talking. How do I become a king in warband? IF you guys can give me a link to a tutorial or write one here that will be awesome. I am sorry i have to bother you but I suck at searching. By king I want to create my own faction, like King Harlus of Swadia, I want to give land to my lords and stuff. Thanks
theyr doing it wrong
you need to gain RIGHT TO RULE first if you dont have enough they will see you as a threat and every faction is gonna attack you just talk your companions '' only the ones with a name for example: nizar, i wish you to ask something then click on the thingy with king'' you get 3 right to rule everytime they come back
and you should get married to it boost your right to rule alot
and before you start your own kingdom get atleast 40-50 right to rule

ok. i got 99 right to rule (and had it even before was married), i am vassal and i got 2 villages, 5 castles and 9 towns... how many fiefs i must have for not get next fief from king ? :razz:  And how about if i tell that next fief should get my husband?  it counts or not ?
you need to raise your controversy or something become a marshal and its insta 99
then quit as marhsal immidiatly and you wont get a fief and if that dint help you can always denie them or choose ''i support (for example) the name of your husband it gives +2 relation to them only because you said you supported him to get the fief..

I know this has been asked a few times but I want to clarify: to become a king you must either be non-aligned or renounce your fealty to a faction? So if you're already a vassal, it isn't too late to go independent? Providing your right-to-rule is at least 50 so to act as a deterrence against all factions that will attack you on sight? Yes I know this question is for Warband and it's in the wrong thread but I've only just started playing M&B vanilla and I'd like to do quite well in that game before I move on to Warband.

Allright...

Emyr Thy King said:
to become a king you must either be non-aligned or renounce your fealty to a faction?
Yes.

So if you're already a vassal, it isn't too late to go independent?
No. But if you renounce your oath, you'll lose your fiefs (if you're a woman you can somehow defect I believe, by convincing your husband that you should be queen&king).
There's one way to defect and keep your fiefs, though: Keep taking cities and castles from the enemy, and once the King refuses to give one of them to you, you get the option to defect and keep your fiefs. Keep in mind though, your king will be mad at you and war may follow.

Providing your right-to-rule is at least 50 so to act as a deterrence against all factions that will attack you on sight?
Well, AFAIK the Right to Rule doesn't guarantee that certain factions won't attack you, it only increases the chance that rulers may accept you as a king, I believe.

Good Luck!

Hi,guys! I read a lot for Warband and how to become a King! I have a big problem, playing with Swadian, vassal of Harlaus, i hold mighty cities of Suno and Ukxhal, and 3 more castles.... My RTR is 24, but i have send companions to mission. My trouble is,when I get a next castle,request this to the King, and when he refuses to give it to me, i renounse my oath to him, selecting the option to keep my estates, create new kingdom, but after that i HAVE NO FIEFS!!!! Why is that, someone to help!

I was only able to have a kingdom when i had an army of 50 men or so and i was in minus relation with faction like -10  thats when i was able to take citys and castles sry for bad english

Since a lot of people may be confused by what RtR actually does, I'll answer that.

Yes, it does have to do with other lords accepting you as a ruler. I believe the 'rebel' title mentioned in the first few posts of this form has to do with a low RtR.
To put it simply. RTR is a factor that determines how much lords will take you seriously. If it's low, they'll think you're just some simple bandit or 'rebel' and you'll probably be crushed almost immediately by overwhelming numbers. If it's high, lords will respect you as if you were another lord. You still may be attacked, but with lesser amounts of enemies, typically from the faction you took land from. To be ready for that, you need men, and from what I've read, around 200 or so will do the job. Later on you may have an army of around 80 men, all elites (top ranks), while your own vassals will do the heavy lifting. But it's still quality over quantity. The game's AI just picks quantity usually.

So, as you can see, becoming ruler takes patience as you have to create a reputation for yourself. A reputation that would consist not only of Renown, but also Right To Rule. Gathering military forces is also part of being a ruler.

you do realize this is a 6 months old topic you replied to, right?
And that it is about warband and therefore not exactly in the right area of the forum too, so I don't know if many people are confused on this topic, or that the info isn't easy to find in the warband part of the forum, or that the people who post warband topics here aren't very confused to begin with.
Still, credits to you for a friendly and informative answer in an otherwise pretty much dead subforum for the original M&B game.

Back
Top Bottom