How do you have a child in warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
I'm pretty sure you can't.

Aw well thats gay. That would have been cool. Then your son or daughter could have been a prince or something. Thats what they should add to the game. Princes/Princessess, Queens and all that kind of ****. Have a full on medieval thing going on.

Adorno said:
Time progresses so slowly you'd have to literally play for a year to see your child become adult  :smile:

Yeah I guess thats true. Although maybe they could just have some sort of sped up aging process =D After all, half of the game is pretty unrealistic >.<

I find M&B, taking into account that it is a fictional non-fantasy video game, is very realistic. You might think that women warriors are unrealistic, but it is possible, there were many cultures where women had their place, there were heavily matriarch societys etc... M&B doesn't try to completely replicate the medieval ages, it's obviuos.

About the child having, maybe you could adopt a child (like 16 years old) into your family? I guess that's a suggestion for a module :smile:.

If you think about it, speeding up the aging process of children is not so unrealistic (for the game)

It would explain
A:  Why they aren't any kids around.
B:  How a country with such high amounts of violence and death on a daily (almost hourly) basis can keep such a high population.
:lol:

Or, if you finally retire in the game, you could then take over your child where you have to defend your parent's territories from enemies/rival lords.

@cocoman213: Errr, have you tried...

Alright, no, you can't. However, it would be very interesting to mod it. I am pretty sure it can be moded, one way or another. Though, I have no idea how to mod it.

To go along with child implementing, the addition of advanced medieval politics would be nice.  For the aging process I would say that another feature I've been thinking of would be nice as well:  letting large amounts of time pass.  If you've got a regular income and large enough garrisons it should just go however many years the player wishes with a few small calculated territorial changes happening.  If garrisons or income level are not enough, the time passing interrupts and requires that you fix it or experience the consequences such as bankruptcy and losing everything you've got other than what's on your character/companions.

Well, my opinion is that this is Mount and Blade, not Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings or Total War. Implementing this issue is going to break the game apart at the seams. Methinks.

Argeus the Paladin said:
Well, my opinion is that this is Mount and Blade, not Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings or Total War. Implementing this issue is going to break the game apart at the seams. Methinks.

Well that could be unless you have a computer with really good graphics card and speed

I dont see the point of even thinking about having children in Warband. Its not that type of game. You marry for political reasons so having kids would only be useful if their age was excellerated and they could be your heir if you died in game or something along those lines. But in general I'd say a pretty pointless

There should be a mod having children and there could be a cheat option to make them adults fast and then make them your lords of your kingdom and giving fiefs.

dumblor said:
I find M&B, taking into account that it is a fictional non-fantasy video game, is very realistic. You might think that women warriors are unrealistic, but it is possible, there were many cultures where women had their place, there were heavily matriarch societys etc... M&B doesn't try to completely replicate the medieval ages, it's obviuos.

About the child having, maybe you could adopt a child (like 16 years old) into your family? I guess that's a suggestion for a module :smile:.

In that case, I wish there were a mod, where we can "switch characters". For instance, if you are a King or a Queen, you would want to play as not only the King, but also the heir, who will be the King, once the King passes away, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom