Warband Battle Size Changer v1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I Did it in a hurry and I got this

MBDebugerror.jpg

I'm going to a restaurant now so. Try and find a way to fix it and I'll read it when I get back  :smile:

Thanks in advance mate

and regards

Hmm, OK. Still quite strange. A new debug version is up at the same link:

http://www.mbrepository.com/WB_BattleSizer_debug.zip

Let me know if it does the same thing or not.

Exactly the same error apperently...  :cry:

Btw, When I installed the battle sizer it didn't say the path where it would be installed. I had to select the path myself.. I remember that when I had the Battle Sizer for the original M&B this path was already there and I just had to click install.

And the debugger says that the file is not found.. But it's showing the wrong path cause in that path there is nothing about steam mentioned..

It's the path that should be there if I actually bought the game in the store and installed in on my PC

The path where the game is installed now is... C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband

and the debug windows says a completely other path so it probably couldn't find the file because of that...

But since I'm not the expert about this... (I just know the basics) I don't realy know if this is the problem or not. Let me know

Really bizarre. It's like Windows is pulling a fast one. The same file path is saved to which it loaded from (which obviously worked), and yet even though Windows isn't throwing back an error message which it should if saving the file fails, the file itself doesn't appear to be modified at all. The last debug version I put up had it delete and then recreate the file, and yet still no luck somehow. :???:
Someone else was reporting the same thing and they were running the Steam version on Vista 32-bit. I initially thought it might be Steam related, but based on the behavior it's showing it doesn't really appear to be after all. Yet I've also tested it out on a Vista 64-bit VM I have, and it worked for me there.
Unless Steam changed the way it handles Warband vs. how it handled the original M&B, the path for this file shouldn't be different; in fact, since the utility is indeed finding it there and successfully reading the battle size from it, just not successfully writing it, that certainly argues for Warband from Steam working basically the same as M&B did in that respect.

The Warband installation directory is indeed different when using Steam, but the Battle Size Changer for Warband so far doesn't even really need to know where it's installed like the M&B one did.

Hmm. I'll come back to this tomorrow to see if I can wrap my head around it. In the meantime, you might try browsing to the file indicated in that debug message, locating the battle_size value in the file, and perhaps trying to modify it yourself to see if it takes. Try changing it to something like 5.0, which should give a rather large battle size (something around 630 or so, off the top of my head).

Hmm okay, I'm going to change it to 150 (in-game) and wait for a solution

Btw Apparently when I increase it to 1000 and click save and exit and I reopen the battle sizer it gets back to 990
And when I make it 250 and reopen the battle sizer it goes back to 150
When I put it to 399 it goes back to 390
If I put it on 200 it goes to 150 when I reopen
and when I put it on 71 it goes back to 30

And also when I then put it on 150 and reopen it it goes back to 30..

so I don't know anymore... Hope this info can help fixing the problem

So wait... I thought you said it wasn't saving the battle size at all? So it is saving it, it's just not coming out to the correct number? That I can maybe work with. 120 is significant, as the stored value is a float where each 1.0 is worth 120 battle size (0.0 = 30, 1.0 = 150, 2.0 = 270, etc), so it sounds like maybe the number is just being rounded off somehow on your system.
I'll post a new debug version tomorrow, and hopefully get it straightened out.

I'm having a bit of the same problem on Windows 7.
I set the battlesize to 502, but in options it says 390.
I open the battlesizer, see it is set at 390 and the save+exit. I open the game, and now the battle size is set to 270...
Seems like something went wrong in the calculations. :smile:
Also, if I set it to 500 initially, it warns me that setting it any higher than 400 will most likely crash my computer. If I set it to 399, it warns me that setting it any higher than 200 will crash my computer.
So, which is right? :grin:

I've always been a fan of the battlesizer in the original M&B, but it seems to be a bit bugged here. :smile:

Again, it works perfectly on quite a few systems (including mine, Windows 7, and my Vista VM as well), so the problem is somehow specific to certain systems. And again, I'll fiddle with it tomorrow further so it works correctly on all systems.

NaimaR said:
Also, if I set it to 500 initially, it warns me that  setting it any higher than 400 will most likely crash my computer. If I  set it to 399, it warns me that setting it any higher than 200 will  crash my computer.
So, which is right? :grin:
  Both. If you read more carefully, you'll notice the two messages are different. The 200 one basically indicates you might have problems, the 400 one basically indicates you pretty much certainly will.

Janus said:
  Both. If you read more carefully, you'll notice the two messages are different. The 200 one basically indicates you might have problems, the 400 one basically indicates you pretty much certainly will.
Did it really change so much from original M&B? I remember using 500 battle size there.
I haven't had a chance to test that in Warband yet, I'm waiting for a fix to make the battle continue after you're knocked out.

That said, great work so far, M&B wouldn't feel quite the same without this battlesizer. :smile:

The problem is thAt when I put the battle size to  lets say 299 it goes to 200 then when I open the the game the in-game battle size is 30 again qfter this i close the
Game open the battle sizer and it's back on 30. And then we're back on zero

I have a stupid question..

Does this work on Warband v 1.105?

Could someone answer my question? I don't want to download something that might not be working

Thanks..

OK, another debug test version for those having the saved battle size drop by 120 every time they save and exit:

Am I correct in guessing that your locale uses commas as a decimal point? In other words, this looks correct to you:
and this does not:

I'm thinking that's the root of the problem. As for the fix, that depends on where along the line the value is getting fudged. If this debug version doesn't work, I'll post another to help track it down.

Yeh this debug worked but I have no idea what it means

DEBUGERROR2.jpg

This is what I get

I hope I'm helping you fix the problem so others don't get this problem  :smile:

Regards and good luck

EDIT*
FYI: I changed the battle size to 200 this time and that's what I got in the debug

Perfect, that does clarify the problem.

I think I should now have it fixed based on that; this debug version should work properly for you.

Let me know whether it does or not; if it does work, I'll  go ahead and release an updated non-debug version of it.

Great. :smile:

If you don't mind, you could help me with something else as well. You have the Steam release of Warband, and the installer for this doesn't seem to be able to properly detect the installation path for it, right?
Could you go to Steam's installation path (should be "C:\Program  Files\Steam\"), and check in the  "appcache" folder? Is there a "app_48700.vdf" file located in there?  That should be the pseudo-Registry file kept by Steam for  Warband, I think.
If the "app_48700.vdf" file exists, could you zip it up  and send me a copy of the file by uploading it to Mediafire, MegaUpload,  Rapidshare, or some other free upload service?

You've already provided me with the default Steam installation path for Warband ("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband"), which helps, but with the above info I should be able to make the Battle Size Changer installer detect the Steam release and locate it for people who installed to different locations. I can also use that info to update my separate general purpose mod installer script to make it work with Warband.

I'm run win7 64bit playing Warband downloaded from direct-2-drive.  My battle size is 400 and everything is working great, thank you very much for making this mod

MeHoW said:

Thanks..

Could someone answer my question? I don't want to download something that might not be working

MeHoW said:
MeHoW said:

Thanks..

Yes it does

Btw that file you asked me for. It exists but apperently I am not able to upload it to Megaupload. I'm going to retry and see what I can get.. Give me about 15 mins and then I'll get back to you

Back
Top Bottom