Mount & Blade Warband & Mount & Blade Serial Keys (PLEASE READ!! MAJOR TOPIC!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade_eros said:
...the sad thing is is that you are complaining before you've even played it yet. If you are so upset about paying $30 or so dollars for a truly awesome and unique game then don't even bother playing it. Us in the proper community don't need to hear your pathetic comments. Really, you don't have a leg to stand on

Oh yeah, one last thing Blade_Eros, I actually HAD played the game before I created my original post.  Since you seem unaware of it, you're able to try out Warband up to level 8 before it blocks you from going any further.  So yeah, I'd already seen the game and my original assessment that it is clearly an add-on to M&B still stands.  Now what was the rest of your post saying?  Oh wait, nothing! Just a bunch of ignorant spouting off that had no basis in reality.  The idiocy on these, "support" boards really is breathtaking.

Deadlines said:
Blade_eros said:
...the sad thing is is that you are complaining before you've even played it yet. If you are so upset about paying $30 or so dollars for a truly awesome and unique game then don't even bother playing it. Us in the proper community don't need to hear your pathetic comments. Really, you don't have a leg to stand on

Oh yeah, one last thing Blade_Eros, I actually HAD played the game before I created my original post.  Since you seem unaware of it, you're able to try out Warband up to level 8 before it blocks you from going any further.  So yeah, I'd already seen the game and my original assessment that it is clearly an add-on to M&B still stands.  Now what was the rest of your post saying?  Oh wait, nothing! Just a bunch of ignorant spouting off that had no basis in reality.  The idiocy on these, "support" boards really is breathtaking.

I've never played the first mount & blade and I think warband is awesome and worth every penny! It's alot cheaper than the expensive 60€ Modern Warfare stuff and the like!

I'm about as far from being official as chalk is from cheese but i think that Taleworlds response would be something like this: We have produced a new game that is in all fairness similar to the original but has many unique and great differences. It is then a separate game so we charge the price we see fit.
And seriously, the people on this forum are right Blade_Eros... do you think that all the final fantasy fans get a discount coz they have all their games? if you were loyal you would pay full price for the game you so lovingly support

Agreed, btw Deadliens, you seem to be one of very few who wants a discount.

Deadlines said:
The question was why is Taleworlds charging full price to their previously loyal customers who supported Mount & Blade, at the very least I think something like a $5 discount would be enough to show appreciation for said support.
Some of us only paid $5 for M&B :razz: Something to think about here is that the price isn't necessarily up to Taleworlds.
I never said they didn't put a lot of work into the add-on, and argue all you want but Warband IS an add-on.  To say it is a standalone game is idiotic and defies reality.
How so? Taking the multiplayer alone you've got seven distinct game modes and up to 64 players on a server. That's more than Unreal Tournament generally offers, and most people would consider that a standalone game. In addition to that, you've got an expanded and enhanced single player game which contains everything Mount & Blade did and more. And at $30 it's half the price of a new game release already.
The people who were loyal customers almost three years ago and ponied up for the original Mount & Blade base game are the one who made Warband possible.  Yes, I understand they are a small development house and I am intimately familiar with the development and publishing process.  That being said, it was a bad business decision in my opinion.
By the same token, the people who ponied up for the original Mass Effect two years ago were the people who made Mass Effect 2 possible. Yet I don't see Bioware offering any discounts for owners of the original game.
  If I want to spend $30 for an expansion, I'll spend it on a Dragon Age expansion that's actually worth the money.
Before you do, I suggest you head over to the bioware forums and read the fifty odd threads on how it was a rip off, glorified DLC, broken and should have been cheaper etc, and the fanboy responses pointing out it's twenty hours worth of game content and so forth.
Not that I'm knocking it you understand, in fact I'm currently hoping to get through my fifth run of the original game with my current character before I go exploring the new content, but just sayin'. Same ****, different day ...
This game isn't even close to being able to compete with modern games, so the extra slap to the original supporters is all the more reason not to bother.
See above.

Deadlines said:
Oh yeah, one last thing Blade_Eros, I actually HAD played the game before I created my original post.  Since you seem unaware of it, you're able to try out Warband up to level 8 before it blocks you from going any further. 
Bear in mind a lot of the new content is aimed at spicing up the late game, largely thanks to fans of the original complaining you ran out of things to do at that point.

You are a joke Deadlines and have no respect for the creators of such a great and unique game. There is no doubt about that.

Deadlines said:
I went ahead and just uninstalled Warband and won't even bother to get back into the game after this experience on the forums.  The community sucks, and the game just isn't that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

The M&B Community is one of the best around, it's morons like you who come along and lick big company balls who don't give a **** about you and just want your money.

Lets see you get personal response from Bioware devs oh that's right they don't care about a word you say as long as their pockets are full.

Im sorry maybe my earlier comment was misread or something. The original game, was like windows vista, useable, but not really complete. warband while more complete with much better graphics, animations etc, still has many things that seem tro be... well no in my opinion are totally half assed. dialogue needs work, NPCs need work, and how about those vanishing bandits when trying to complete quests for the guildmaster? or ransoms all being the same from looters, to highly trained soldiers, and shouldnt a faction pay slightly higher to get their own guys back? or possibly have it based off of renown and your reputation with the town you're selling them in? I mean i know a lot of game designers, and they all have issues with being asked to pay for a game that has been in production for so long and still has so much work to do, and there has been no attempt to do it. some of the mods for earlier versions of the game were WAY more professional, and guess what MODS ARE FREE!. i mean there are characters in warband from the original mount and blade that haven't been changed EVER even their dialogue is the EXACT same. and how about those hero characters, and how their stories really don't matter, and how about how they comment on stuff that doesn't exist anymore? i could go on forever. i bought mount and blade under the impression that once paid for i would get updates for free and eventually the game would be COMPLETE. now they have warband, excelent game, but it's more of an UPDATE since it's all the **** people were making in MODS anyway. Look into it, a nobody prgrammer made a mod called Mount and Blade: Warband, and there was a MOD called With Fire and Sword. Can you say WTF!?!?!? Anyway for this reason i highly recommend to anyone wanting to play warband, download the game from TaleWorlds, then torrent version 1.1, and replace the .exe the only thing i can find that you lose is manual lance control so OMFG you dont push a button to be able to run down your enemies and skewer them.

Anyway for this reason i highly recommend to anyone wanting to play warband, download the game from TaleWorlds, then torrent version 1.1, and replace the .exe

Uhm....now you´r talking **** and maybe get banned. Well.... i hope.

And atleast you don´t get Multiplayer with this. :mrgreen:

I'm an old player and member of this forum, I have just lost access to my old username/email and frankly the sort of uppheaval the community is creating over a perfectly legitimate question makes me glad I have.

People who were in on thsi game during its early beta or even earlier know that it's been a work in progress all that time and frankly it wasn't even finished when the game came out. Alot of input, even directly aid from the community to the devs has been given and those who were the first fans also got the game realy cheap as someone pointed out. But back then it wasn't about getting a game, it was a work in progress and a fun project to help out on. The 5 or 10 or 15 bucks you payed was just to support the developers.

What we have now is a game truly worth the 30 dollars you pay for it, that's right. It's maybe even worth more.
But in essence it's nothing more than just one more addon to the original Mount and Blade. It's as if everyone who payed for the very first Beta had to pay for every new Beta or every new version of the game that came. Clearly that tactic would have gone over badly with the community and this developing house would have crumbled.

Multiplayer is the only big addition to a game that's basicly the same that it was before. In all sense it was the various community mods that added depth to the singleplayer game anyway, never the sub-par quests in the real game. I personally can't imagine that the multiplayer part took that much coding and most people suspected the same when there were discussions early on why there ain't a multiplayer in the beta.

I belive it was always the plan to release the multiplayer in an add-on to get a lil extra cash out of it, which is fine by me. But it is really unfair and dishonest to the fans to charge full price for a game which in all essence is the same as the previous, except for the multiplayer addon.

My advice to everyone, if you're not a fanboy and generally wealthy to out of principle refuse to buy Warband until they make a discount for those with Mount And Blade. At least not if you're one of those who came after Beta and payed full price.. 

But if you are a new player who has just seen the light and are interested in trying out this game then buying Warband is for 30 or so dollars is a great idea and a good deal!

My two cents on it.

peonicus said:
See: Entitlement Culture.

A bit off topic but that's a big lie. Before the capitalist system and the oligarchy of power was put in place you were entitled to so much more anyway. Every fish and deer you could hunt, every field you could sow, every tree you could cut down, every glass of water you could drink, every piece of gold you could find.

M+B originally was never even worth its price to begin with...it was the community and mod development from other players what really made up for the lack of any gameplay in the orginal. lets face it siege battles are the main back bone of history and in the original they were garbage...all you could do was have skirmishes even then it was like one giant brawl with no organization what so ever. only one goal to this game and it was to kill mindlessly until you took every town... because when you take a town then theres so much to do! like build a mill...when it was finished after 40 days there wouldnt even be an extra building in the town. no detail so like many others have said i was thinking this game still needed to be touched up BAD and now this expansion comes out...nothing has changed except for a few new quests and multiplayer.

now what im saying is that people with orignals get a massive discount because there are many people who see that this game was still not finished. if you want to keep your customers happy and continue to keep buying your product then you'd better make a comprimise with this pricing of warband.

Also in defence of deadline all you people can come up with is insults this game can not compare even close to games like final fantasy or MW2 so the whole argument with owning prevoius games of that nature and getting a discount is out of the question. This is an amateur game with very little detailed compared to titles such as AC2 or the new realease of the witcher 2 which has much more detail put into combat and games like Guildwars that has 100 times the amount put into its multiplayer. bottom line there are many people asking them selves why the hell am i about to spend this much money for an expansion like once again stated a 90% clone of the ORGINAL and no one can deny this because movements and combat and quests are all the same. quests in the Orignal game usually would go like this: talk to king run across the map to find one of his vassals talk to him run back to the king and boom a quest is done. now for the warband versian: talk to elder run after a band rogues kill them with the exact same combat system as the first with out fluentency in the attacks, all characters are still stiff and return back to elder. honestly its better if they keep the customers happy and recieve a small discount because by doing this will attract alot more people from the orignal to buy the expansion (remember its not a stand alone game its and expansion)

I couldnt even read this whole thread... and I have been forum prowling for 7 years nows (i know its not that long but I'm 1:cool: and I have been gaming for even longer. I cant believe that anyone would complain about having to pay for an expansion pack. Lets see, whats a popular game or once was... Starcraft. Starcraft had an expansion... did they give it away for free? No. The Reason is this for my point of view: Why would they update a game so that it has improved content and possibly graphics, a task that costs millions, and then release it to you all for free. I admit it has happened. But if you feel you are so entitled, the go to stardock. The reason you people are so pissed, pardon my language, is that you feel that the game was made for a quick buck like this. No. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Atari, 1982) was a cash game. The expansion had quality updates to it. It has upgraded the painfully needing graphics of the last one, added a new faction, and added the marriage system to the game for the romantics (and possibly a few perverts) I learned from this thread that this was a mod before. Who cares? Taleworlds obviously liked it enough to go an extra 5 miles with it and in return requests a bit of compensation so that the numbers add up. Lets say it cost them 5$ though. They are a BUSINESS. They want MONEY. Their MONEY means you get BETTER GAMES. Warband is an online expansion. they oughta, if they don't already, have online CD key verification. I got my copy on steam. I love it. I'm glad I bought it. A good number of you will probably go Pirate it or attempt to. Is this game CoDMW2? No. These people at Taleworlds focus on what matters, Gameplay, and I hope they keep it like that. CoDMW2 is just another FPS. Just like Aika online is just another MMORPG. Just like Earth 2160 is just another RTS (that rocks for 5$). And Just like Titan Quest is just another dungeon crawler. Mount and blade has innovation. Taleworlds has great potential. Patches are free as a privilege. When they ask us to pay, do it or go home you spoiled little brats.

Achul said:
peonicus said:
See: Entitlement Culture.

A bit off topic but that's a big lie. Before the capitalist system and the oligarchy of power was put in place you were entitled to so much more anyway. Every fish and deer you could hunt, every field you could sow, every tree you could cut down, every glass of water you could drink, every piece of gold you could find.

Thats not true either actually. There was never a shortage of any of those things, which is true, but there were definitely things they couldn't have and therefor were not entitled to.

inter17 said:
now what im saying is that people with orignals get a massive discount because there are many people who see that this game was still not finished. if you want to keep your customers happy and continue to keep buying your product then you'd better make a comprimise with this pricing of warband.

Guess what. They aren't going to because people are BUYING IT. They would have to refund all of them. And also if people are buying it why would they lower the price? I'm a customer and I am quite happy with both of my purchases.

inter17 said:
Also in defence of deadline all you people can come up with is insults this game can not compare even close to games like final fantasy or MW2 so the whole argument with owning prevoius games of that nature and getting a discount is out of the question. This is an amateur game with very little detailed compared to titles such as AC2 or the new realease of the witcher 2 which has much more detail put into combat and games like Guildwars that has 100 times the amount put into its multiplayer.

No this is not Final Fantasy. It doesn't cost as much either. This is a well made game. They make it so the community can change it. That's the point. More games are making things easier to mod because its free for the company and adds unending content to the game as long as the community is interested. Guildwars=MMORPG Mount&Blade = Deathmatch with progression

inter17 said:
Bottom line there are many people asking them selves why the hell am i about to spend this much money for an expansion like once again stated a 90% clone of the ORGINAL and no one can deny this because movements and combat and quests are all the same. quests in the Orignal game usually would go like this: talk to king run across the map to find one of his vassals talk to him run back to the king and boom a quest is done. now for the warband versian: talk to elder run after a band rogues kill them with the exact same combat system as the first with out fluentency in the attacks, all characters are still stiff and return back to elder. honestly its better if they keep the customers happy and recieve a small discount because by doing this will attract alot more people from the orignal to buy the expansion (remember its not a stand alone game its and expansion)

Dont need previous game? Its a stand alone. Quests are quests. You dont like the whole game from what I can tell, so why are you arguing. Go the bed. If that attack fluency thing is really what I think it is... get over it, I rather have a horse without a lance in the back of his head tyvm. On the end though your right. Hey taleworlds, take 2c off of the price for MB owners. ;D. Dont Rage.

The problem I am having is that I have purchased it back in 2005, for support and because I heard positive praise. I would pay for the full release, but what happened to the original, or "Mount&Blade"? If you had been playing as long as everyone in here has, it's been updated from the very beginning, and people who payed were able to play the (legitimate) versions. Now that it's a finalized version, the original is no longer supported, and I have to pay again for the same product under a different name? Just making sure I'm up to speed here.

and I have to pay again for the same product under a different name

There is your problem.
You don´t buy the "same product", because that would be M&B.
You buy Warband, which has many new Features, new Graphic, new Armor/Weapons, new Quests, a new Faction, you can now have your own Kingdom, which also enables many new Features, and finally a great Multiplayer-Part.

Needlessly beyond the point. I'm just wondering why I would be forced to pirate the "original" copy if all they are hosting is the Expansion Pack.

You used to be able to buy and download the original game from taleworld's website, but it's lost in time, and now I can't find a working version that works with my key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom