Mount & Blade Warband & Mount & Blade Serial Keys (PLEASE READ!! MAJOR TOPIC!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikunisai

Recruit
I'm having a problem. I'm using the serial key from the original Mount & Blade and using it on Mount & Blade Warband. Are they compatible/can they be used with each other? Do you need to buy a different serial key for Warband? This is really depressing, because I was SO excited, but then I find out my old key doesnt work. I thought that since the Beta used the same key, I thought when the official game was released you only needed 1 key. Also I tried Manual Activation. I used Copy/Paste so i'm sure I entered it correctly. PLEASE I NEED HELP!! I'm so eager!!  :mad:

I'm having this same problem. I bought original key for $30.00. Are you telling me we have to spend a whole nother $30 for an upgrade?

Can we get an official response please?

Well I'm not official, but Warband is a stand-alone release with its own serial key.
So you will have to buy Warband like any other game.

So far there are no price reductions for those with a classic M&B serial key...
As a comfort Warband is about half price of other major games.

Honestly I expected this to happen, and still think it's BS i mean the game as complex as it is, is actually quite simple compared to most games. I mean warband started as a mod for the original M&B so it really should be an add-on rather than a stand alone, this is a total money grab. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy M&B and would pay say $9.99 for an expansion, but realistically the game is simple and in many ways NOT on par with other pay games, I mean we can get so many more professional looking games for free online. I love the concept but when i purchased the original i always thought it would be completed later, and in my opinion really wasn't, they just closed it off, cloned it, then produced an almost identical game, with features that should have been worked into the original anyway as there isn't really a point to the original other than checking out a test platform for a good combat system, but that's all it really is, is a glorified test platform.

My suggestion to TaleWorlds, is this: for all those of us who bought the original M&B we should be able to get Warband and (when completed) With Fire and Sword, for no more than $9.99 i would say both included but lets assume they are broke and need to pay the programmer who drove himself mad designing all this. anyone who has not purchased a M&B game should have to pay full price as it is still a good game, with lots of modability. I believe this to be a fair compromise, and i have been eagerly awaiting something like this since M&Bs beta days.

Just a personal opinion here, Hell I would settle if they let me upgrade from M&B to Warband, since there's really nothing to do in the original anyway. What was the point of that anyway?

well rnough ranting from me, good luck everyone, our wallets, and sanity need it.

Well I hate to be this guy, but if you don't feel it's justified, then don't buy it. Only advice that I can give you seeing as the developers can charge whatever they want for whatever they have. It's the free market. I wish it would have been cheaper, but hopefully all of the new content and the future content will make it worth while. I think that after what? 3 years? They decided that the game needed a remake, and it wasn't cheap, especially adding MP.... despite all the bugs and unfinished glitches, i'm confident that they will come through and make this all worth while. If they don't, then they are just like EA, and they can go to hell.

Interesting said:
Even though its 90% cloned from the main game, yes they want double.

MW2: did you see that?! Its is 90% like CoD4!

Did you want them too make a chess game? Ofcourse the game stays with the same basics, but:
1. Better graphics
2. Multiplayer
3. Marriage
4. New quests and like it.
5. New faction
6. New animations
7. New map
8. More detailed models
9. More detailed textures

So, they made it pretty new... What is the same? Only the basic things. Just like in most expansions.

So... DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE! TAKE IT, OR LEAVE IT!
Many people have bought it, all patches etc are free, so bugs will be fixed, mods will be made.

The multiplayer is worth the price alone really. Also, since this is their first truly major release (Warband has gotten a lot more coverage than the original ever did) they want to deliver everything that was great about the first game to a new audience.

I'm not usually one to whine, but I have to admit this is a huge disappointment. In effect, Taleworlds is slapping their early customers in the face. I got excited to play M&B again when I heard about the expansion... er ahem excuse me, "new standalone game that seems strikingly similar to the one I already purchased" and decided to download and install it again. After doing some digging I was able to find my old serial key, but now it seems like all of my efforts might be in vain. 

I'm going to attempt to use my old key when I get home, but by the sounds of it I'm in store for a big letdown. I understand it costs money to run a company and create quality games, but this just seems wrong that early supporters of M&B are getting the shaft with the new expansion. I'm very curious to hear an official response on this issue.

So because you played Call of Duty 1, it means you get Call of Duty 4 free? Total rubbish.
If you support Taleworlds, buy the game for those few dollars/euros/whatever, and let them have money to make a even better game.

WHO THE BLOODY **** CARES ABOUT 25 BLOODY ASH DOLLARS!

Newflash pinhead: Did I say anything about Call of Duty? No, I didn't.  Furthermore, are Call of Duty 1 and Call of Duty 4 completely separate games? YES.  Are Mount & Blade and Warband completely separate games?  NO, it is clearly an expansion of the original game.  Strip out the multiplayer element of Warband and you're basically playing M&B.  It's morons like you that give communities a bad name when you come stomping on a perfectly legitimate thread with your childish outbursts.

As such, I find it completely reasonable to assume that if I purchased the original content I should get the ADD-ON CONTENT at a reduced price.  That's the purpose of why I posted, to make Taleworlds aware of the question and see if there is an official response to it. I could go on and on citing multiple other major titles that have released add-ons and expansions that do not cost the entire price of the original game, but frankly I'd be wasting my time pointing out factual examples to a troll.  If you don't think $25 is a big deal that's fine, but your response adds absolutely nothing to this thread other than pure drivel.  Now go fail on 4chan or something if you've got nothing useful to add to the discussion.

I have to say I am very disappointed with some people In mount & blades community, I have never seen so many whiny pathetic bunch of people in my life. Wanting everything for free, totally ignoring all the hard work that goes into making a game, not just making a game but making a good one even better, the sad thing is is that you are complaining before you've even played it yet. If you are so upset about paying $30 or so dollars for a truly awesome and unique game then don't even bother playing it. Us in the proper community don't need to hear your pathetic comments. Really, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Warband is vastly different to the first but you are so blind you cant even see it.

You are trying to compare COD 1 to COD 4. Two completely different games, one is set in WW2 plus it was made like 6 years before the 4th. Why don't you try comparing the 3rd COD to the 4th, same game, slightly different story, yet you pay around $110 for it if you are Australian. Its like most games and their sequels.

Deadlines you totally just ignored PrinceGhaldir's post to support your own childish argument. And its people like you who cry when you don't get things for free that  hurt the community.

I know you are just too blind to see it and you will keep crying cause you just want games for free and you don't want hard working people to get anything for it..

Blade_eros said:
I have to say I am very disappointed with some people In mount & blades community, I have never seen so many whiny pathetic bunch of people in my life. Wanting everything for free, totally ignoring all the hard work that goes into making a game, not just making a game but making a good one even better, the sad thing is is that you are complaining before you've even played it yet. If you are so upset about paying $30 or so dollars for a truly awesome and unique game then don't even bother playing it. Us in the proper community don't need to hear your pathetic comments. Really, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Warband is vastly different to the first but you are so blind you cant even see it.

You are trying to compare COD 1 to COD 4. Two completely different games, one is set in WW2 plus it was made like 6 years before the 4th. Why don't you try comparing the 3rd COD to the 4th, same game, slightly different story, yet you pay around $110 for it if you are Australian. Its like most games and their sequels.

Deadlines you totally just ignored PrinceGhaldir's post to support your own childish argument. And its people like you who cry when you don't get things for free that  hurt the community.

I know you are just too blind to see it and you will keep crying cause you just want games for free and you don't want hard working people to get anything for it..

I realize this is the equivalent of pissing in the wind, but did you actually read what I posted?  If so, please point me to where I said we should get it for FREE.  Of course you won't be able to, since that's not the the question being posed.  My argument is childish? lol... ok, this community clearly has issues. 

At any rate, I'll be doing what many people will do when they realize their old key worthless, uninstalling Mount & Blade Warband.  I made an attempt, but the support forum here seems to be a place for fanboys to hang out and flame people who have legitimate questions.

P.S. To anyone who works at Taleworlds interested in actually addressing the question, I'd still love to get an official stance/reply on this.

I guess i cannot  for the life of me understand why people would think that Mount & blade's CD Key would work with Mount & Blade Warband. It boggles the mind.

@Deadlines

How do you think they make up the price? Maybe from how long/hard etc they worked on the game.
I think they made this game in a very short time, considering the time they took for the original.
As the have modified about everything, added many things. I certainly tend to think they worked bloody hard for this game. Considering multiplayer was one of the most common suggestions, they couldnt just make a multiplayer thing, add some new things to the singleplayer, and there is Warband.
The price of the game, is about the price of a reduced expansion pack of a major game. So actually you have bought the original for a reduced price. And the expansion for the normal price. Problem solved.

PrinceGhaldir said:
@Deadlines

How do you think they make up the price? Maybe from how long/hard etc they worked on the game.
I think they made this game in a very short time, considering the time they took for the original.
As the have modified about everything, added many things. I certainly tend to think they worked bloody hard for this game. Considering multiplayer was one of the most common suggestions, they couldnt just make a multiplayer thing, add some new things to the singleplayer, and there is Warband.
The price of the game, is about the price of a reduced expansion pack of a major game. So actually you have bought the original for a reduced price. And the expansion for the normal price. Problem solved.

Look, since you all seem more concerned about sitting around circle-jerking each other and starting flame wars I will clarify this one final time. 

The question was why is Taleworlds charging full price to their previously loyal customers who supported Mount & Blade, at the very least I think something like a $5 discount would be enough to show appreciation for said support.  The morons speculating on why people think the previous key might work are missing the point entirely.  Yes, initially I thought maybe it would work (since Warband is clearly just an expansion) but as my ORIGINAL post stated, I determined from the forums that would not be the case.  That is what led me to the question as to why people were being charged full price.

FACT:

• I never said anyone should get the game for FREE, nor did I ever ask for that.
  • I never said they didn't put a lot of work into the add-on, and argue all you want but Warband IS an add-on.  To say it is a standalone game is idiotic and defies reality.
  • The people who were loyal customers almost three years ago and ponied up for the original Mount & Blade base game are the one who made Warband possible.  Yes, I understand they are a small development house and I am intimately familiar with the development and publishing process.  That being said, it was a bad business decision in my opinion.
  • The community here seems to be overrun now by willfully ignorant fanboys, who apparently have nothing better to do than berate people who are asking a legitimate question.

Anyways I'm done with this thread, Taleworlds apparently doesn't feel the need to even give an explanation and that's fine.  I went ahead and just uninstalled Warband and won't even bother to get back into the game after this experience on the forums.  The community sucks, and the game just isn't that good.  If I want to spend $30 for an expansion, I'll spend it on a Dragon Age expansion that's actually worth the money.  This game isn't even close to being able to compete with modern games, so the extra slap to the original supporters is all the more reason not to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom