(Warband) Manual Activation Denied

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
Did you participate in the beta with a standard M&B key?

Check the Warband key entry in the registry. When the beta switched it cloned the Warband serial in there, and if you're running XP or later the activation probably won't run with a high enough permission to modify the registry, so the M&B key will still be in there. Simple fix, just right click on the key, modify value and enter your Warband key.

I was not apart of the Beta test. I also used the regedit idea, but it showed the appropriate hardware hash, manual activation code, as well as serial key. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Warband to try and see if that makes a difference.

So I was able to activate and play the game for a few days. The game played fine save for an occasional random crashes and I really enjoyed it. After a crash today, the game no longer recognizes my cd-key. It's definitely my Warband serial (the one I was emailed after I purchased). Reinstalling didn't work, the key is showing up correct in the registry. I tried the manual activation on the old page and it obviously didn't work. The link Armagan posted now says that activation for my cd-key is denied. The 60 day time limit shouldn't be an issue because I've only successfully activated the key once. I know you guys are working really hard right now with post-release issues and you have a great product, but this is very frustrating.

I have the same problem, bought the retail copy, installed it (through steam) activated the game on steam with the 5 blocks of letters and numbers code that unlocked the game in steam. It is now in my steam games list, 100% ready and registered. For a while it was fine, but then I got a crash to the desktop and afterwards I lost my activation. Every time I enter my serial or do it manually I just get a message or pop-up saying activation denied. This really isnt god enough, I bought the game legitimately through amazon, and its begining to seem like its wasted money.
This is a huge bug that should have been fixed immediately.

a 4 year old good serial number: check
being a Beta tester multiplayer: Check
Downloaded the great Warband: Check
Being denied at the current version (1.103): Check

i tried both manual and normal and both were denied.
i even got denied at http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php., with was the greatest of disappointments.
What do i have to do or who do i have to kill to be accepted?
cause i've seen the game grow and still i'm loving it.

Tell me about it.
I was a multi player beta tester too,
and I even bought the Warband serial key, thinking
it would fix that problem but no.
I LOVE m&b but seriously...wtf    :cry:

jeroen said:
a 4 year old good serial number: check
being a Beta tester multiplayer: Check
Downloaded the great Warband: Check
Being denied at the current version (1.103): Check

i tried both manual and normal and both were denied.
i even got denied at http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php., with was the greatest of disappointments.
What do i have to do or who do i have to kill to be accepted?
cause i've seen the game grow and still i'm loving it.

Heh, yeah I have the same problem and I don't understand why my serial is being denied :sad:. manual and normal both denied and activation for serial deniedwith the new link.

Hope this is solved soon.

Gameboon

I fixed the problem. I was getting the constant activation message. I uninstalled Warband and then reinstalled it. Fixed the problem.

I tried that, but as I instaled through steam it didnt work, do you have mount and blade installed as well? maybe I should give that a go... hmmm ok

One way to fix it....

Use http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php. and get new code

Go back to manual activation and put it in.
It should disappear then appear again like nothing happened.
Uninstall M&B but save the saved games, then reinstall it.

Work for me... try it out  :smile:

@ poot:

Nice that your throwing a solution out, at least your trying to help and i saw that some can play because of you, but other people, like me, don't even get the new activation code on the 'right' manual activation site.
yet our CD codes are tried and tested as even beta testers. 

jeroen said:
@ poot:

Nice that your throwing a solution out, at least your trying to help and i saw that some can play because of you, but other people, like me, don't even get the new activation code on the 'right' manual activation site.
yet our CD codes are tried and tested as even beta testers.

Your welcome Jereon. This is one of the major problems that Warband has and if Taleworlds wont post something, we do.

Here are some more stuff that can help you...

Email support and see if you can get your serial, or a new one (If they ever reply)

Then try the new manual activation....and try the manual activation steps.

As of now thats all that I know that will help... just stick to the manual activation

I have the stand alone game. I did not buy through Steam. Uninstalling and then reinstalling worked for me.

You can try this, it's the only thing I can think of.

1. Open Steam
2. Go to 'My Games'
3. Right Click on M&B:W
4. Select 'Delete Local Content'
5. Click ok, let it do it's thing
6. Once Steam is finished, redownload the game

That's the closing thing I can think of that is similiar to what I did. Try that out and let us know if it worked.

The other thread reported a solution. A message from Singil said to dl the latest patch and if that failed to work, send them your serial so you could get it reactivated.

I tried about every possible solution I read in this thread, and even sent a message to Singil (didn't get a reply though), but nothing seems to work for me.
I'm quite sad that even though I played the beta's for M&B and for Warband I now can't play :sad:.

*sob*

EDIT; I just tried manual activation for the  'I cant remember how many times it has been''-time, and got a manual activation code at the link, however when I paste it in the manual activation part...I still get Activation Denied.

Back
Top Bottom