(Warband) Manual Activation Denied

Users who are viewing this thread

GuyKeefer

Recruit
Hey everyone. I searched the forums and only found 4 threads on this and none had relevant information.

I just downloaded Warband and have installed. My PC doesn't have internet access currently, so I need to do the manual activation. Using another PC, I used the manual activation website to get the hash code to activate the game. After entering the correct serial number and hardware hash provided to me, I got the activation code and inputted it into the game. When I click ok, a message comes up say activation is denied. After double checking, I came on here to see if anyone else was having the same problem and if it was fixed. I read somewhere that the activation code is the same as the code for vanilla M&B. I went ahead and tried that out and what do you know, I got the same activation code. I'm assuming this is a problem with the manual activation site, but who knows? Has anyone heard any workarounds for this besides somehow getting it activated online?

Hey there,

I had Warband version 0.860, and installed the released version today, but once I did that it asked me for my serial. I entered my serial, but got an ''activation denied'' message. Then I tried manual activation, but that too gave 'activation denied'. I have looked on the forum for similar problems/solutions such as the registry, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. At this moment I can still play multiplayer, but the singleplayer is still in trial mode.

I hope someone can help,
Thanks in advance.

Gameboon

I´am waiting for any information about this since this morning. I wrote an email to paradox-support, but until now I got no answer... At last: I´am not the only one with this problem.

de la Fere said:
I´am waiting for any information about this since this morning. I wrote an email to paradox-support, but until now I got no answer... At last: I´am not the only one with this problem.

Once you have a response, could you share any solutions with us?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I entered the cache and activation code a second time in the act.taleworlds.com/manual.php site, and quadruple checked everything in case I accidentally pushed a wrong button somewhere, and it gave me precisely the same activation code it gave me on the first try.

Goddamnit.

Gameboon said:
de la Fere said:

Once you have a response, could you share any solutions with us?

Thanks
If I get an answer, I will be glad to share it... :smile:

Well, hopefully they will send you a message. I'm going to shoot an e-mail off as well.

After work, I'm going to head to Borders so I can use their WiFi with my laptop and I'll try the internet activation and see if that works.

Folks, looks like Taleworlds failed at updating the manual activation site for Warband. I had my old native M&B manual activation code stored, and it's precisely the same the manual activation site gave me for my WB serial key & computer cache. Apparently it is decided by your computer cache rather than the game's serial key.

What worries me is that I was afraid I had written the computer cache wrong for the manual activation site the first time I got the activation denied message, so I entered my WB serial a second time in the manual activation site with the computer cache(which was correct the first time, as it turned out.) I've now used the serial key twice, and if it turns out that I won't be able to play full WB for two months after I purchased it even if the manual activation does get sorted out, I won't be particularly pleased.

First of all I want to say i really enjoy talking you guys on here some of the guys on these forums are some of the nicest most helpful people ive met. But sadly i cant help i am getting the same problem as you guys the "activation denied" message. My only suggestion is that we wait. The game just came out and taleworlds is probley getting alot of complaints about the issues going on. And im sure they are doing everything they can to fix them. So for there sake lets just wait im sure they will fix the problems in a couple of days.

I'm optimistic. Armagan and the team have done their best to overcome problems such as this as quickly as possible in the past, and I believe they will carry on to do so in the future.

I am terribly sorry about this. Could you please try using the following page for manual activation?

http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php

We'll fix the link in the game in the next patch but this should hopefully work until then.

Armagan said:
I am terribly sorry about this. Could you please try using the following page for manual activation?

We'll fix the link in the game in the next patch but this should hopefully work until then.

Can i activate the warband mount and blade with the previous version serial key that i bought????Cause i went in the site that you gave some hours ago and it say's
" Oops
Activation for this Serial Number has been denied"
And in the other ways of activatiom says just "Activation denied"

Well, I'm at Borders. I just did the internet activation. That worked for me. I'm sure the problem is that the manual activation site is not setup to differentiate between Warband and Vanilla serial numbers. After you put in your Hardware code, it probably just pops up the previous code for you to use.

I hope the page Armagan put up will work the rest of you. Good luck!

Armagan said:

This worked. Thanks for the quite fast answer.

@sogaV: You need a serial for Warband - and get a new activation code.

@Nahkuri: As I tried the activation-thing on the "original" activation-site two times, and afterwards the Warband-activation worked (I got a new activation code with the Warband-serial und the machine-thing), your worries about waiting 60 days seems not fulfilled. :smile:

Armagan said:

Ah. I'm glad that it wasn't anything more problematic than a missing letter in a link. I suppose that's easy to miss with all the release related hassle.

Cheers!

Nahkuri said:
I entered my WB serial a second time in the manual activation site with the computer cache(which was correct the first time, as it turned out.)
It only deducts an activation if a) it actually activates it and b) you use a different hardware hash to the last one. At least M&B did, I'd assume it was the same for Warband.

I will try the online activation in a little bit. After activating it online and then booting it up today, I'm back in trial mode... :\

Also, why has the word "M u f f i n s" been turned into muffins in all the posts? It might be easier to track down this topic with it in the title. Might be good to sticky this also, or add the new link into the online activation thread.

Edit: I just tried the new link. Gave me a good code, but after it gives me a successful activation message, it reboots the intro menu and tells me that I'm in trial mode, I need to enter a serial key. Any idea on why this is happening?

Did you participate in the beta with a standard M&B key?

Check the Warband key entry in the registry. When the beta switched it cloned the Warband serial in there, and if you're running XP or later the activation probably won't run with a high enough permission to modify the registry, so the M&B key will still be in there. Simple fix, just right click on the key, modify value and enter your Warband key.

I've read through this entire topic looking for the answer to my problem. I have a direct connection to the internet and I'm stilled denied the internet activation as it says "cannot connect to activation server". I am denied manual activation through the original in game link and I've even tried the new link that was posted in this thread but I'm still denied activation with no more information than a pop up saying, "activation denied." is there anyone else who can't seem to get past this step?

!nevermind! no sooner had I gotten this posted than I decided to run through it one last time... it gave me an entirely new key which promptly activated the game Hooray! I'm still confused as I didn't do anything differently but I'm happy all the same.

Back
Top Bottom