MP Native WarBand: MMO Persistent World Module!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Algorythm

Recruit
Thats right folks, you heard it first. Kopi Luwak Studios and the Timberwolves Consortium have undertaken the development of a full scale world map module for WarBand with a persistent multiplayer world.

We aim to bring the beauty and splendor that is Mount and Blade, mix it with a dash of seductive wonder, season with a multi cultural setting and serve it to you, the player on a platinum tray fit for a king.

We are currently looking for people to join this project. If you are interested you can post here, send an email to [email protected] or simply join the Timberwolves Consortium Teamspeak @ this address ts22.light-speed.com:8245

Regards
Algorythm

This module will be titled "Eternal Sun - Origin of Life". It will be our version of a persistent campaign map with multiplayer. Included will be the ability to run your own kingdom, expand your kingdom, recruit other players to your cause, trade with other players. We will include time progression, technology advancement, etc. Below is a description of some of the features to be included, which will be added to as time goes on.

Features
- The ability to trade with other players on the campaign map
- Players can rule a kingdom with other players and NPC vassals
- The in-game theme will begin with biblical times and move on past dark ages near end of Beta
- Map will be a scaled model of the real world
- In-game technology will be determined by time-period
- Ability to harvest resources for production and trade
...more to come

This is not a joke, if you want to help please feel free to respond. No sarcasm, flaming, antagonizing needed.

Regards
Timberwolf

Sounds fishy.
Do you have support from Taleworlds, or are you trying to do this as a mod?

Timberwolves Cons. has a website and not much on it, one project with no info. Kopi Luwak is (according to google translator) "mongoose coffee" in indonesian.

I'm not sure what to think of this.

I dont think you can pull this off simply because you need acces to the source of the code in order to pull it off. Even so , I wish you good luck with the project.

Highelven studios have now started a full scale project module for mount&blade warband. My aims is for a fully multiplayer campaign map with over 1000 players per server. Battles up to 500 people at once can be played in real time with no lag at all on max graphics no matter what computer or internet you have.

We are going to also add dual wielding ninja zombies and add a fully compatible storyline to the campaign. It will also involve pirates, samurai, dark knights among others.

We are looking for people to join this project. We have no engine or available tools to write any of this but one of our teammembers is working really hard to learn how to do magic, I think he's making progress so its all good. :smile:

I want to join too, I has uber magix :3

In case anyone's dumb enough to take the thread seriously for long enough to read this post http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=66711

Hopefully these two are only ones of doomed projects. Coming of Warband has attracted large bunchs of people trying to do impossible things ( impossible for them ).

I'm amazed at how many people come to cast down on a project they know nothing about. Every post here lacks any sense of respect or constructive criticism.

You're welcome to do your little whiny acts all you like, but we're here seeking any interest in our idea. So to the one above who suggested that because the OP is new he has no idea what he's talking about, please sit down and get out of the way. He's a programmer of several languages (something that's beyond your limited talents I'm sure), and he's an experienced modder/developer.

As far as the comment about my website, that's a personal project and like the gaming club it is ever-expanding. The portion of the website which you viewed is for the public, the projects page has not been completely published as of this typing, but will by the end of today.

To the poster who asked if we have TaleWorlds support, no we do not. yes we do hope to do this as a mod at first, showing TaleWorlds what we're capable of and going from there. We in no way meant to insinuate we have any kind of licensing from TaleWorlds.

Now, my team and I would appreciate it if everyone would stop criticizing and just ask questions/give support as appropriate.

Thank You,
Timberwolf
Head of the TWC

Trevty1995 said:
I'm supportive of this mod, I was just asking if was even possible.  I think it would be awesome if you could get it to work!

Thank you Trevty, and we believe it is possible actually. I appreciate the support and welcome any more legitimate questions.

Timberwolf said:
I'm amazed at how many people come to cast down on a project they know nothing about. Every post here lacks any sense of respect or constructive criticism.

I'm not amazed by the amount of people that would come around the forums to throw in projects they have no proof of, hence any background in modding the game, or at least shown beforehand. Understandably, every such "project" would lack support of any kind and would be considered drawn out of someone's imagination.

You're welcome to do your little whiny acts all you like, but we're here seeking any interest in our idea. So to the one above who suggested that because the OP is new he has no idea what he's talking about, please sit down and get out of the way. He's a programmer of several languages (something that's beyond your limited talents I'm sure), and he's an experienced modder/developer.

You're welcome to keep dreaming all you like, but some of the posters above have some actual, some minor, some significant, experience and know what they're talking about, hence providing us with major breakthroughs in the past and still doing it. So to you, who have suggested they're just "casting this down", please, sit down and re-consider why they would say such things. Most of them are experienced programmers, modellers, texturers, composers, or any other kind of modding skill developer you might think of. Some even given actual jobs by the developers. Also, you don't need several programming languages to mod M&B, just one (which the guys around have mastered to different degrees), so anything else put in as an argument is irrelevant, boasting over killing a fly, or plain ridiculous.

As far as the comment about my website, that's a personal project and like the gaming club it is ever-expanding. The portion of the website which you viewed is for the public, the projects page has not been completely published as of this typing, but will by the end of today.

I haven't visited your site, nor I intend to, but tell me this: What's the point in announcing it in an advertising manner if there's nothing there to advertise?

To the poster who asked if we have TaleWorlds support, no we do not. yes we do hope to do this as a mod at first, showing TaleWorlds what we're capable of and going from there. We in no way meant to insinuate we have any kind of licensing from TaleWorlds.

I suppose I missed some esential part of the OP. Why do you try unfolding the idea of sailing overseas, when you haven't even seen the ocean yet?

Now, my team and I would appreciate it if everyone would stop criticizing and just ask questions/give support as appropriate.

I, and I suppose the other guys as well, would really appreciate it if you stop wasting our time with pointless blabbering and go do what you claim you can do. When you have some progress, feel free to show it off and feel the love and envy, but until then, don't expect anyone to believe that flying pink elephants exist, just because you, or the OP, said so.

Thank You,
Timberwolf
Head of the TWC

You're welcome,
HF
A nobody from TWForums.

Back
Top Bottom