MP Native WarBand: MMO Persistent World Module!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Algorythm said:
Kopi Luwak Studios and the Timberwolves Consortium are aiming very high and in the weeks and months to come will be posting our progress here.

Let's see...
It's been 6 months, and there aint ****.
Whoopide****ingdoo.

Who else is not surprised?

...Me.

Although, if anything, you gotta give this guy credit for being so...persistent. Be it about...this, whatever it may be...or is supposed to be.

Me! Me! Me!  :lol:

Come on guys, an NDA for a mod?? You're not making money of it, so no one is going to steal it (in all my experiences with MnB mods, I have NEVER encountered a single person who succeeded in "stealing" a mod.
Why? Because the communities that offer mods for MnB are very self-controlled (try posting a minor, very old MnB 1.011 mod here as your own and see what happens :razz: ).

Sure in the past there has been a little stealing of content from other mods, but news travels fast, and the mods which included were quickly boycotted, and or removed.

In short, modders stick up for modders here. We see stolen ****, we call it out, and let the creators know.

Anyway, I don't think a NDA is needed, and I think its just a way to get personal information from people.

You need to actually prove that you've done some work.

I'm going to point out that there can't be an NDA since technically, TaleWorlds owns the game, and the mod is part of the game, therefore copyrights are owned by TaleWorlds.

Go tell that to your solicitors while mods lock the thread. 

A professional studio that has the ability to improve the mount & blade engine and make it capable of almost impossible stuff would not be using a yahoo mail for contacting its customers.

I'm not so sure it will completely fail. There is a duel server called Warband Roleplay, in which, trade between characters and npc's is possible, as are proximity triggers for npc bandit attacks. Also harvesting materials and crafting are implemented and a primary function of the theme. Though the map is large, it is no where near what is being described here. Also I'm not sure how one would go about achieving a progressive advance in historical culture and technology, there would be a huge memory requirement for the textures and resources and if the map is as big as they say, you'd practically have to be running a alien ware computer, because even on the RP server, the lag can sometimes kick up a good deal, especially when large events with high numbers of players are in motion. That and there is always text lag no matter what. So I can see this happening, but only to an extent.

Feragorn said:
Having not read the thread, you don't realize the whole thing was:
a. Fake.
b. Illegal.
c. Thoroughly disproven multiple times.

Let this die.

All of the above?  Also by posting are we keeping the Warband MMO dream alive?

I endorse this concept.

JC

What its a dream, becouse of THE tons of work you need to put in. With à good team it is pretty Much à go! You could use THE wse to do bery much tricks to reduce THE lag.
Nothomb of This is in disproven at all, but since modding is out of free Will you Will not. SEe something like This in such à large scale.

As fun as it is reading my rants from two years ago, could someone please lock this troll/spam/idiot-bait and leave the first page slot available for something actually worth a discussion?

Back
Top Bottom