Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Beaowulf said:
I would love to see a real singleplayer viking mod, that takes place in scandinavia and england

I'm reading a book on the Northern Crusades and looked up some stuff on the German island of Rügen, where the Slavic tribe Rani had an interesting fortress setup on top of the cliffs--In 1168, took 4 weeks of siege by the Danes and their Bishop to take the fortress Arkona, and the Rani fleet was lost in a storm off of Norway with most of its army.  But they used to reciprocate raids from the Danes for the duration of a couple hundred years, back and forth, for which they were later considered pirates (even though the Christian leaders who persecuted them did the ultimate pilfering).  With all elements combined, a Viking map around the Baltic would be exciting if centered around the waterways with sea battles. 

:twisted: how about a Lovecraft mod ?!

possible map:

733px-Lovecraft_Country.svg.png

item  examples:

- re-animation fluid 
- Necronomicon 

faction ideas

-Miskatonic university faculty
-cultists
- outer gods & great ones
-extraterrestrial races
-deep ones
-zombies
-gouls
and a lot more...

tumblr_lchhvwFw9D1qciaguo1_500.jpg

20140225093707-wwc-promo-front-600px.jpg

FFG0001_Arkham_Header_neu.jpg

Eldritch-game-art.jpg

Looks funny, but I don't know what is it at all  :mrgreen:

A DayZ Persistent mod can be nice, I think. (no money to buy DayZ, so I try to find way ...)

Wiki-wordmark.png

:mrgreen: then how about a "papers please" mod?!
set in the 80's Cold War era, with 8 factions...

truth_of_arstotzka.png

Moadirector.png
Grestininvestigator.png

Ezic_messenger.png
Calensk.png

WAR.jpg

600px-Pp-region.png

2528592-papers.gif

Glorious Vaegir Aristozka USSR
Nord United Federation USA
Khergit Impor East Asia
Khergit Obristan Middle East
swadian  Antegra West Germany
swadian Republia East Germany
Rhodok Kolechia Eastern Europe
EZIC Punk Anarchists

arstotzka3.jpg

matmohair1 said:
:cool: Caldria Submerged!!!
(post-apocalyptic underwater combat!)
:mrgreen:
matmohair1 said:
:twisted: how about a Lovecraft mod ?!
matmohair1 said:
:mrgreen: [glow=olive,2,300]then how about a "papers please" mod?!
Please don't expect me to take any of that seriously.

Beaowulf said:
I would love to see a real singleplayer viking mod, that takes place in scandinavia and england
Something like this

:mrgreen: well, its called brainstorming for a reason,
any mod idea is still possible to make :wink:
& at least their outside the box rather than a copy
of every roman & viking mod out there!

Gotta say, mods were a lot more...colourful back in the original m&b days. Stuff like gangs of Glasgow and star wars conquest had nothing to do with native, and were practically new games. Even Xpearse's mod which gets laughed deviated from the done-to-death shields and unbeatable heavy cavalry setting.

Note-The main race in this mod, The Ragon, are red-skinned. Magu are grey skinned.

Also, I will be the lore master and amateur pixel art concept artist. This may also have a story if that is possible.

The Kingdom of Athura is a island nation located  in the north of Bellum. Summers are short and winters long, but Athura has situated it's self as a major power of Bellum politics.

That is until King Kamusa (Ragon names are combined, Kam=First, Usa=Last) was assassinated and as expected the five major lords of Athura, Markus, Laskua, Genaru and Lenusa began to raise armies to begin their war to be the king of Athura. Thus the name of this, The Five Kings, is born.

While the player can ignore the story I will say how it starts.

A lone castle under siege, in the middle of the battlelines. The player (if they choose too) is a prince of the dying Lord of the castle-Luthese. The player must fight for his cities and peoples freedom, but will, if the player desires, begin his quest to become king.

Worldbuilding note-The Housecarls are an elite force of mercenaries from the North that form the bodyguard and sometime armies of many warlords and lords that need soldiers. The Housecarls are noted for being tall many standing over six feet and strong, with many easily overpowering assassins or other soldiers on the battlefield. Another thing to note is despite them supposedly being Ragon men from the north they have slightly grey skin saying that they are possibly Magu warriors or Half-Ragon Half-Magu. The Housecarls are famed across the kingdoms of Bellum for their ferocity and skill, with many claiming that one unit of  Housecarls can hold off entire armies. Of course no one is willing to test that theory due to Housecarls being rather expensive, though they do not require pay beyond buying them from their former master.

Also if you wish and are a player on NS, my name is Zeinbrad and we can talk.

a mod of "KINGDOM" manga japanized version of chinese 7 kingdom of Qin, Zhao, Wei, Chu, Yan, Han and Qi we could start this as main factions then add more sub-factions like the Mountain Tribes and Shiyuu Assassins etc.. all the references of weapons, armor, people and all sorts are in the manga.

please read this manga firsts its the coolest and top rated manga in japan and on internet right now.
http://www.mangareader.net/kingdom/372/15

the story, strategies, battles and duel of generals can give you chills while reading it which im very sure.
we should introduce the use of "Glaives" in warband thats never been done before. in the west they use swords, lances and great swords right? in the east they use a Glaive which is like a combination of sword and a lance. they use it to swing with a very destructive strength and has a long range. the glaive is not meant for thrusting like the lances we have in warband, it is also used for cutting peoples heads. and they have this heavy armored class troops that has big shields used as an anti-arrows unit its really cool. and a big blunt type Great Mace you can see in the manga. anyways please read it

matmohair1 said:
Alundra said:
a mod of "KINGDOM" manga japanized version of chinese 7 kingdom of Qin, Zhao, Wei, Chu, Yan, Han and Qi we could start this as main factions then add more sub-factions like the Mountain Tribes and Shiyuu Assassins etc.. all the references of weapons, armor, people and all sorts are in the manga.
  :grin: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period

651px-EN-WarringStatesAll260BCE.jpg

08c5890639.jpg

tooopen_201210201724252120.jpg

7-f902023ec6.jpg

29-3b0395f75c.jpg

30-496cd9872f.jpg

40-e415d2860f.jpg

18-771c61700c.jpg

20-2832d23b19.jpg

22-48e79a4998.jpg

24-104b12451d.jpg

26-1075e1c0f2.jpg

tumblr_n3hncpqUoK1sc1ik5o1_1280.jpg

E.%20%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20IV-III%20%3F%3F.%3F%3F%20%3F.%3F..jpg

F.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%2C%20300-200%20%3F%3F.%3F%3F%20%3F.%3F..jpg

d4c671e845.jpg

G.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%2C%20211-206%20%3F%3F.%3F%3F%20%3F.%3F..jpg

H.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F..jpg

02-11.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F.%20NATIONAL%20GEOGRAPHI%3F%20%202012-06.jpg
Delicious. I love all of these Osprey type image dumps you do.

damn if we could make a game out of this it would really be damn cool. i wanna see the 7 Great Heavenly Generals of Qin, 3 Great Devas of Zhao, 7 Fire Dragon General of Wei, Giant Commanders of Chu, Mountain Tribe Kings of Yan etc.. (10 Great Bows of China)
Wei had special war chariots, Han had poison archers and siege weapons, Yan had the most mountain tribes warriors and they specialize in mountain battles. Chu had the strongest armors and they say the shields made in Chu are impenetrable by arrows. Qi has the strangest king, so if he was eccentric so probably his generals as well. thought it was'nt much mentioned in the manga that i read yet. Qin had the Heroes who rampage in all china rivaling the 3 great devas of Zhao. Wei had the 7 Fire Dragons but it was split in factions and killed each other.

mountain tribes army
2d83n5.jpg

Qin General about to burn a siege tower with his fire arrow *read manga has great strategies*
29duy43.jpg

mountain fortress of Qin vs Yan army
29w5m9y.jpg

an Echelon Assault by Qin army vs Chu *Qin is out numbered in this*
5cy2v7.jpg

the young hero king of Qin
rkzqeh.jpg

the 3 remaining Fire Dragons of Wei
2cho5d.jpg

those Attrition Warfare battles
308kz2q.jpg

young commanders of Qin
20uygll.jpg

King of Mountain Tribes of Qin *different faction in the story they served as reinforcements*
10n7yxk.jpg

this is funny just read
2rggqo6.jpg

anyway i hope you guys read the manga and lets turn this to a game

So for quite some time I havnt had internet. but that's not important right now but what is, is that I've had some time to play some games I havnt played in some time like Mass Effect and Mount&Blade. You might see where this is going. For the past year and a half almost ive been jotting my ideas for a Mass Effect mod for M&B called Mass & Effect warband. I have most of the game mechanics I would like to see in the mod planed out Such as....

-Space combat- something similar to Caribbean's ship combat but of course in space. (may not be the most reasonable)

-P.W. Styled jobs- Like if your at the Citidel you can get a job with C-SEC for a month as if it where the Freelancer mod.

-Separate Campaign maps for "City Planets"- this is so in order to take a planet you must go to surface and capture a coup forts and cities. (this is so if I wish to add something like the reaper invasion of ME3 a faction has a better chance of holding out against them until Shepard or the player can come help. plus it makes it so I can have smaller faction live on the same planet. EX: The Krogan Clans of Tuchanka are constantly fighing amongst themselves for control of the planet.

- Capture able Villages- just to make mod feel larger with all its minor factions owning their own planets.

You may be asking ok so you got most the mod planed out why not make it? Ive actually tried to at least start it. But I cant Model or code worth a damn XD. Took me a weak to model a M-8 Avenger and it looked like $#!T.

So you could say im looking for people that can model and code because I certainly cant, and sorry if I misused the thread and if someone already is working on such a mod could you point me in their direction so that I may assit in anyway possible.

matmohair1 said:
:smile: how about a shahnameh fantasy mod?!

9.jpg

rostam.jpg

34711520.jpg

1280px-Rostam.jpg
I want one based on Zelazny's "Lord of Light". I'd play the ****ing **** out of it.
(I know it's not related, but the eastern imagery simply reminded me of that excellent novel, and how awesome it could be.)
(EDIT: Also, some Mahabharata-scale battles (hunders of divisions of soldiers on each side) would be pretty neat as well. :razz:)

Back
Top Bottom