Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish there was a mod based on the Black Company books. Always loved those and I feel like they could fit pretty well perhaps in the war between the Rebel/White Rose and the Ladys Empire. Plus it could have a magic system like the Whell of Time mod. Now if only i wasnt lazy and was motivated to make my own mod.

I'd like a reallistic, historically accurate, expanded multiplayer mod placed in medieval Europe, sometime between 1150 and 1450 AD.

I don't care for the singleplayer, I have Anno Domini 1257 for that. But I'd like to play with other people, I prefer multiplayer over the singleplayer. But AD1257 doesn't have multiplayer.

Is there any good multiplayer medieval mod? Or any person/group able to create one?

I don't care in what region is the action of the mod placed. It can be crusades, can be somewhere in Western Europe, can be in Eastern Europe... Wherever! I don't care what war or region is it. Must be medieval and must be historically accurate, and must have good multiplayer.

I'd like to have the following features:
-Limited count of equipment of the same type you can carry. One can carry only one shield, only one big weapon (polearms and two-handed weapons), only one ranged weapone. If you have played Vikingr or The Deluge, you know what I mean.
-If you are carring a big weapon (polearms, two handed weapons, maybe crossbows), you drop it if you change your weapon. No more hiding big weapons just in your pants. If you have played Vikingr or The Deluge, you know what I mean.
-Drowning underwater
-Armors making sound while moving
-No jumps attack
-Maybe bleeding on critical injuries?
-Crouching, spear bracing etc.
-Troop limits like in The Deluge or Vikingr. Unlimited infantry, limited heavy infantry, limited ragned units, limited cavalry, limited heavy cavalry.
-Powerful horse charges

That is my dream-mod. But I can't help with it, I have no modding skills.

And tell me about any multiplayer medieval mod.

Here is idea i came up with while watching youtube lets play warband...

I think it would be fun to have a small mod which would enable us to name certain units in our army.
I remember when i used to play worms world party, i would name all soldiers by the names of real world ppl. It was always fun to see, how long they last, or who survives.

Hope Im not the only one... :grin:

I actually really like that idea, but I think it'd be very frustrating to implement. I do like the idea of having more connection to your soldiers though, instead of just sending vast hoards of recruits to their doom.

A remake of Tides of Conquest: Sicily.
Was a totally awesome mod for M&B .808, slightly buggy, though.

The setting would be perfect for WB with rather small engagements and raids, a rich cultural background (Muslims, Byzantines, Italians, Normans) to draw upon and no need for a overly big world map.

First off I have searched everywhere for this idea...So if I have missed it I apologize, secondly I'm not even sure my idea is plauseable....So if not just let me know.

I have always been a huge fan of maps, expansion, etc.. I would love to see a mod that shows the kingdoms territory by factions color, expansion by lined faction color, etc... If anyone has played Hearts of iron 3 and used the faction overlay you know what I'm talking about. I jut love to see how my kingdom has expanded and I think it would be a mod many people would use,everyone likes to see how far their kingdom has come :smile: I've seen some amazing mods from some amazing people and I'm hoping one of these amazing people will give my idea a shot (if plauseable). Imagine if you can playing Game of Thrones mod with my idea...and watching the Wolves of the North expand their territory all the way to Kings Landing....Just trying to give examples how cool this would look. Thanks for reading and hope to hear this could be done.

lllAnteklll said:
I'd like a reallistic, historically accurate, expanded multiplayer mod placed in medieval Europe, sometime between 1150 and 1450 AD.

I don't care for the singleplayer, I have Anno Domini 1257 for that. But I'd like to play with other people, I prefer multiplayer over the singleplayer. But AD1257 doesn't have multiplayer.

Is there any good multiplayer medieval mod? Or any person/group able to create one?

I don't care in what region is the action of the mod placed. It can be crusades, can be somewhere in Western Europe, can be in Eastern Europe... Wherever! I don't care what war or region is it. Must be medieval and must be historically accurate, and must have good multiplayer.

I'd like to have the following features:
-Limited count of equipment of the same type you can carry. One can carry only one shield, only one big weapon (polearms and two-handed weapons), only one ranged weapone. If you have played Vikingr or The Deluge, you know what I mean.
-If you are carring a big weapon (polearms, two handed weapons, maybe crossbows), you drop it if you change your weapon. No more hiding big weapons just in your pants. If you have played Vikingr or The Deluge, you know what I mean.
-Drowning underwater
-Armors making sound while moving
-No jumps attack
-Maybe bleeding on critical injuries?
-Crouching, spear bracing etc.
-Troop limits like in The Deluge or Vikingr. Unlimited infantry, limited heavy infantry, limited ragned units, limited cavalry, limited heavy cavalry.
-Powerful horse charges

That is my dream-mod. But I can't help with it, I have no modding skills.

And tell me about any multiplayer medieval mod.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,239917.0/topicseen.html

A family History

This mod will takes place in Italy during XV Century. It will be focalize only on Italy. So no France in Faction or others. Just different family who govern a Town and village.

Main Family :

Borgia (Borja)
40px-Blason_famille_it_Borgia01.svg.png
Farnese​
40px-Blason_famille_it_Farnese01.svg.png

Orsini - Della Rovere - Grimaldi - Saltarelli - Sanseverino - Sforza - Colonna - Torelli

Architecture :

Roma1493.png

chateau-saint-ange-depuis-le-pont-saint-ange-700-8629.jpg

58.jpg

1314646-Palais_des_Doges_Venise.jpg

Firenze.Duomo05.JPG

architecture_florence.jpg

361736_l.jpeg

Clothes :

gardes_suisses.jpg

renaissance_big_3.jpg

renaissance_big_4.jpg

Middle-Ages-Costume-Knight-004.jpg

images

lais_corinthe1.jpg

enseigne1.jpg

I want a mod where it has Chinese, Samurai, Ninjas Knights, Medieval Factions, Space marines. where you can build defence, then you fight against the AI. like 300 spartans vs the persians are there any mods like this? multiplayer will be cool.

jacobhinds said:
I was about to go "who the heck would play that..." But then realised it's a perfect description of Full Invasion 2.

What do you mean who the heck would play that? There is tons of people who play that mod everyday and i am one of the admins. Roughly around 250-300 people play everyday

I've got a suggestion. This was a mod I was going to do myself, and made a start, but then I dropped it because Calradia: Imperial Age is taking up all my time.

I call it: War of the Silver Throne. It's a lower fantasy medieval mod set on the continent of Drachenal, where science and religion clashes. I wanted the theme to be a mix of Inquisitor and Legends of Eisenwald. If any one is interested in picking up from where I left off, send me a message, and I'll send you all the stuff I put together.

The description from a .txt file containing lore, nations, troop trees, etcetera:

Drachenal, a continent ravaged by constant war, rebellion and corruption, a land stuck between science, religion and superstition, where kings rule their subjects with an iron fist, and the clergy ravage the coffers of the nations. 12 countries fight viciously for supremacy of this war torn land, and plunder the riches of the people like the vultures they are.

Here's the map I made for it:

a2mySbw.png

I've put a lot of thought into this, perhaps a bit too much. Like I said, if you're interested and want to continue it, I'll send you the module system, the module itself, and all the other stuff like plans.

**EDIT**

Hell, I'll even help out from time-to-time.

The War of Pawns

A mod that is heavily inpired by the mod Star Wars Conquest.
In a sci-fi setting that is inspired by Star Wars, War Hammer 40k and many post-apocalypse movies and games.

The world is ravaged and polluted by human greed.
Technology has produced pulse weapons: firearms that are simple to produce and with ammo that is all too plentiful.
That coupled with the laughably worthless price of a human life means that classic infantry warfare is the only way war is fought.
Not that it matters as the air is so polluted that barely any human devices can stay afloat there.

War is a seemingly endless stalemate between the major factions:
The Fatherlands Union: A totalitarian regime at the center of the world.
The Insurgency: A rebellion started against The Fatherlands Union in the north. Which started then scattered around and spread at an alarming rate.
The Reclamation Army A revolution that began in The Unions southern colonies. Self-proclaimed good guys lead by morally questionable people who don't decline the luxury brought by spoils of war.

The wilderness is habituated by:
Peasants desperately trying to make produce for the major factions.
Bandit Tribes, Renegades, feral mutants. Groups who won't hesitate raiding the peasants for their own short-term needs.
Mercenary Companies. People fighting for their own wallet. Mainly defending villages from the kinds mentioned above. The best thing to happen to them was the three way stalemate which they are more than happy to profit from. The most vicious and cunning mercenaries try their best to double-cross the major factions in order to prolong the war and maximize their profit.
Slavers The cheapest providers of manual labor. The major factions are more than happy to buy labor from the Slavers. The rebels and revolutionaries like to keep these business practices hush-hush. Prisoners of war are also some easy money when brought to the Slavers.
Smugglers You want it, they have it. Sometimes they have what you didn't even know you needed. Masters of trade as taxation isn't a part of the bargain in the illegal market. Which is exactly why the major factions despise the smugglers.

Gameplay
Mount and Blade with a focus on firearms. Tried and tested many times before.
Just like in SW Conquest and Bear Force 2; the tense situations come from trying to desperately survive large firefights where the air is storming with bullet tracers.

I don't know how many different types of mounts there can be. But at least for regular horse-based mounts there will be many different kinds of mutated breeds and augmented horses of different horrifying kinds.

One feature I'd like to see would be letting the player tag along a bigger army as a recruit. Going from battle to battle in a similar time-skip as when being taken prisoner in the main game.

Gamemodes
Single-player: You create a character that either starts off either independent or bound to a faction. From there on the world is your despicable playground. Do you become a champion for one of the main factions, a money-grubbing mercenary, a fierce outlaw, a new ruler of the lands or just a regular being dragged along from battle to battle.

Multiplayer: Good ol' M&B pvp action. Similar tracer-filled battles as in the singleplayer. But with the added element of human opponents and their cunning tactics.

And a co-op Onslaught-mode if it would be possible to implement.

Aesthetics

A depressing washed out colour-palette to give the world its polluted and war-torn feel. But also as means to make the tracers in battles seem a lot brighter.

Rough looking sci-fi weaponry with grounded visuals.
Clothing and armor cohesive to the games world.
A sci-fi setting I'd best describe as post-humanism-punk  :twisted:

Weapons would have short and firm popping sounds to allow for as many as possible to be played during battles and reloading would include a lot of raspy metallic rattling.

Development

I'm capable of working on this mods visuals, audio and gameplay tweaking, but I have no useful knowledge in programming.
Thus this mod would need one programmer at least.

I'm already working on an indie-title as it is. So any additional artists are very welcome to this project.

And if any of you people actually start showing interest; then I'll whip up some artwork.

:cool: Caldria Submerged!!!
Animated-deep-sea-diver-with-shark-swimming-in-circles-around-him.gif

(post-apocalyptic underwater combat!)
:mrgreen:
how about replacing cavalry with boats and diving gear,
crossbows with spear-guns and bandits with schools of frenzied sharks?!!

08e2ea.jpg

d776a2.jpg

34070915-U.S._Navys_Human_Torpedo_Strike_For_Men_Only_cover_December_1964.jpg

:idea: inspirational references

humantorpedo.png

004.jpg

starfish1.jpg

736x504xconshelfinside.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BN_e_N3ciB.jpg

cockleshell_raid.jpg

cm_homenstorpedo_14.jpg

102.jpg

102.jpg

020.jpg

E_191_19.jpg

E_191_11.jpg

page_127_resize.jpg

page_032_resize.jpg

page_090_resize.jpg

IMG_1489web_1102uug4.jpg

101.jpg

Uniforms_of_Japanese_Navy_1867_1945_265.jpg

Uniforms_of_Japanese_Navy_1867_1945_264.jpg

04ab8b.jpg

ca3b53.jpg

Maiale.jpg

107.jpg

107.jpg

5030c1.jpg

SEALAB_III.jpg

:wink: assorted pulp art

18590602-adventure56-11.jpg
4852549263_7ec7e9ffac_o.jpg
21199737-large_12_11.jpg
ADVENTURE-JUNE-1959.jpg
t-diver.jpg.jpg
The-Shadow-November-15-1940.jpg
c85600.png
8712828283_a850a73fee_o.jpg
0404-cephalopods.jpg
5039395242_557afc2a20_o.jpg
January-1945-Ten-Detective-Aces.jpg
5092014585_bb96ce2419_o.jpg
Modern-Mechanix-July-1933.jpg
30927888-6031345762_fb47095f16_o1.jpg
Science-And-Invention.jpg
46721983-8357560066_d0d33e4af8_o1.jpg
46308172-8259530773_eed3d8f6a0_o1.jpg
44247189-6317011391_641199295f_o.jpg
44247230-6317011385_889034a920_o.jpg
Submarine-Stories-September-1930.jpg
animated-gifs-aquariums-04.gif

I would like to see a mod where each faction is composed of different noble houses. I know that lords are already organised in families in Native, but it would be cool if this was improved.

Each of these would have a name, between 4 and 6 lords and they would have the same banner. Their members would have similar reputations.

Kings would also belong to one of these houses, that means there would be a ruling house for each faction.

Defections would only occur when the entire house joins another faction, although it would be difficult for this to happen. And you could persuade a noble house to join your kingdom :cool: .

Back
Top Bottom