kggn.jpg

sketchhaninfantrysquare.jpg

picture3sf.png

changancity_p168_b690.jpg

picture2xf.png

picture4ft.png

6ba3d874.jpg

nihonnoruutsu-yayoi-rice1.jpg

himiko-newton-graphic-science-magazine-nihon-no-ruutsu-2000-nen-6-gatsu-10-nichi.jpg

the-fourth-mongoloid-migration-yoshinogari-defenses.jpg

Hey guys sorry if this's the wrong place to ask (can a mod move it if it is?), but do you think it would be worth developing a mod for vanilla m+b? Would many people both with it? Are there any particularly major improvements in warband (aside from multiplayer) that would benefit a mod?

Just asking because I only have vanilla (don't worry I'm gonna buy warband as soon as I can) and am currently in the planning stages of prospective mod development.

I'd like to see a mod set during the Thirty Year's War. With Fire and Sword comes close, but I'd like to see something encompassing all of Europe. Not to mention being able to see Cardinal Richelieu in the game would be awesome. Lots of interesting individuals abound from the time period who could even make good companions, both historical and fictional.

ThegnAnsgar said:
I'd like to see a mod set during the Thirty Year's War. With Fire and Sword comes close, but I'd like to see something encompassing all of Europe. Not to mention being able to see Cardinal Richelieu in the game would be awesome. Lots of interesting individuals abound from the time period who could even make good companions, both historical and fictional.
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10155.0

Orchid said:
ThegnAnsgar said:
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=10155.0

Cool. Would've preferred single player, but something is better than nothing. Thanks for sharing.

SHADOW OF THE GREEN WOLF

NOTE:  With BANNERLORD somewhere on the horizon, this mod idea will be pending

TO THE POINT
I like authentic medieval warfare as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate a good fantasy infusion, and what I have seen in mods like PoP, Floris, Diplomacy, and The Third Age inspired an idea that I would never be able to implement on my own.

THE GUTS OF THE IDEA
1) PC travels to a raw continent long after that area's civilization has crumbled to find work as a mercenary (or merchant, or cook, or whatever you want it to be).  A Germanic fortress perched high on the cliffs, along the rocky shore of the sea, is the only sign of civilized life.  But in the marshes below a large coven of witches have become agitated by the return of the Germanic knights whom they know are in pursuit of the goddess Holda and her army of disgruntled dead (or whatever).

2) Game allows the PC to try and rebuild the fallen faction with options to befriend several armies, such as Celt-like half-elven forest people, "white" witches, Amazon women, the evil mammoth-riding Nordic slaver lords to the east, or whatever people want these days, by completing quests and gaining influence.  In addition, the PC will be able to help the invading knights establish walled villages and fortresses that are upgrade-able to towns. 

3) Through diplomacy or warfare the PC can lord over any of these town options at the expense or gain of allies.         

4) The evil baddie reveals himself /herself in time and suddenly all these new towns are under threat as huge armies of demons or "black" witches or undead sorcerers are marching around the walls.  Time to gather your allies!

5)  That's basically it.  I want to somehow upgrade villages to towns over the span of game-years while the PC is having fun conquering and questing and finding hidden treasures. 

IF YOU'RE STILL READING

Here are some things I wrote in my spare time for this possible community project:

[TITLE PENDING]

A Land Without a Name

The year is ___.  At the southern edge of a churning sea that countless dead souls have rowed across, many falling prey to leviathans, or worse, begins a land whose name has long been forgotten.  Here the dense marshes surround deciduous rainforest and flat savanna before the weathered green mountains that form a backbone for a harsh living landscape.  Once the heart of a rich and powerful kingdom of white citadels, now the chambers lay haunted, forgotten and defiled, a ragged foundation to a menagerie of villages, covens, and wandering bands; a habitat for wild creatures both wonderful and deadly. 
Your destination is simple:  a Germanic outpost cradled high above the waves, ancient fortress of an ill-fated crusade which stands as the only trace of what you know as civilization:  The coastal town of Einfühlung, now a Germanic trading center, where adventurous treasure hunters and heavily-armored conquistadors launch misguided campaigns into the wilds in search of gold, precious gemstones, enchanted artifacts, lost knowledge, potent magic, and death.

"Here, at the Throne of Holda, we will trample the dead army underfoot!"
                        --last recorded words of King Ælfgar, Master of the Order of the Midsummer Fire

[Picturing Castle Tomar, Portugal, with a town surrounding the fortress just outside the garden grounds of the court]

Looking out from the hilly meadows at what has been called The Throne of Holda, the descent of oak becomes forested marshland and home to various witch covens before touching the crystal clear Thanu River and then rising into the __ mountains.  Heading north, the marshes become flood plains and then boreal forest.  To the south, the marsh thickens and acquiesces before the might of a boreal rainforest known as Holda's Garden.  Little is known about this place and it is said that magical creatures, former playthings of Titans, thought to have vanished long ago, hold sentinel in its thick shadows.  At the threshold is where Holda was allegedly born and where she first envisioned her army of witches and disgruntled dead.   
    Siren Falls, just below Mount __ in the ____ Gorge is the home of the Council of the Owl, a rebel alliance of former heretics, knights, and outlaws. 
    The northwestern savannas display the raw beauty of Queen Thalestris and her last legion of fierce women warriors.  A relic of former TYMORIA, they haul their mobile fortresses along the lakes and seas of their sultry homeland to repel invaders. 

NARRATOR says to PC:
    "...Perhaps you are the one who can resurrect the lost kingdom and unite its faded, fractured parts; maybe you will see wisdom in preserving the nature that has reclaimed it; or maybe you will become just another stinking corpse--food for scavengers.  The choice is yours as you venture into these forgotten lands to make a name for yourself; or to be forgotten."     

Major FACTIONS:

  Great Slave Rebellion
A large number of slaves have escaped their mammoth-riding lords at the foot of the savanna and have formed under the leadership of ___, who claims that a lost city of Titans can transform them into fierce warriors capable of defeating their former overlords.

  Queendom of the Oiorpata 

Fierce women warriors of the savannas serve their leader, Queen Thalestris, from mobile fortresses that accompany them on their cavalry raids.  Largely composed of [Xena-type cavalry], lightly-armored berserker infantry troops, and apprentice archers with deadly accuracy, they have begun conquering the forest villages of their neighbors, the Druidic tribes of the Scordiscian Alliance, while continuing their perpetual assault on the Nordic slaver lords.  Their patron goddess is Themiscyra. 

  The Slaver Lords
Mammoth riders of the northeastern savannas who utilize a vast pool of slaves from across a wide northern desert for labor, prostitution, and as sacrifices to their gods.

  The Scordiscian Alliance
Druidic tribes of the forest have formed an alliance to combat the warmongering Oirpata and a new threat of demons flooding in from the south.  Scordiscians are totemic animal-worshipers who ride large deer (elk) into battle.  Their major god is Cernennos. 

  Coven of the Seers
"White" Witches of the swamps united together

    The Ghost Titan [or whatever makes an evil badass horde faction]
EKIMMU the big badass resurrected Titan-god, evil spirits, "black" witches, Goddess Holda, undead sorcerers, disgruntled dead

Minor FACTIONS:

$  The Owl Creek Outcasts
$  Highwaymen
$  Mystical Creatures
$  Knighthoods
$  Adventurers

Knighthoods to include:
->Order of the Midsummer Fire
--based on the old tradition of lighting midsummer bonfires to combat witches and demons (mentioned in Frazer's The Golden Bough).  Traditionally, they gathered on their hilltops to fight Holda's army of the dead.  They linger in Einfühlung in hopes that the order will be restored so that they may continue their crusade against heresy and the forces of darkness. 

->Frau Frau Foxes
--A knighthood comprised of heavily-armored cavalry women who wear fox helms and armored male foot knights with bear helms. 

-> An order of your own making

Secret Society:
->Brotherhood of the Green Wolf
--Similarly found in Frazer's _The Golden Bough_ and is a secret society of scholars, merchants, craftsmen, and warriors who combat witchcraft and slavery. 

That's it for now but I'll keep working on it.

Hope to "see" everyone in BANNERLORD soon!

I love the idea. Start work on it now. :grin:

I may make a few scenes and do some coding for you if you've made enough progress on your own. :smile:

All the advice that I can give is this: Start with the module system, never edit text files. Read Native code to understand what it means and how to create new code.
A few links to help you get started:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295291.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213060.0.html

And if you get stuck... Ask for ideas on how to fix it!
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

I don't know if it's been suggested already or not, but if anyone's willing to make it I'd like to see a mod set in the Terminator universe. As for how it would work, I've thought up a detailed plan for that. It's going to be pretty long so see the spoiler tag below if you're interested:

Story:
The time would be a few years after the Resistance/Skynet war. After the defeat of Skynet, the machines capable of independent thought that survived found themselves able to truly learn for the first time, but also without any direction. Lost and disorganized, these machines started forming groups to protect themselves from the Resistance that were hunting them down, eventually forming several distinct ways of "life" as it were and even starting to fight for various reasons. Meanwhile, with the fall of Skynet the humans for the first time in decades could focus on rebuilding society, but with that also meant that they no longer had to throw everything they have into fighting a single enemy to avoid extinction. As such, it wasn't long before the scarcity of resources and good old fashioned greed started to cause divisions to form, based on conflicting ideologies and priorities. It is inevitable that these many sides would battle over resources and simple ideology, where the game begins.

Factions:
Machine Factions:
Skynet Reborn:
This faction is made up of Machines who have decided to cling to their old existence and continue the defunct Skynet's former agenda of the extinction of the human race. For this reason those of Neo-Skynet are more likely than the other 2 factions to go to war with human factions and less likely to go to war with machine ones, but also are slow to make peace. To demonstrate their desire to divorce themselves from humanity in every way, their troop tree focuses on Terminators with no organic components or attempts to mimic organic components,  with the T-400, T-500, T-600(no rubber skin), T-700, T-900, (no skin) and T-1000 functioning as the troop line of this faction. The troops are average in terms of overall cost and ability compared to other machine factions. The armor and weapons they use and sell tend to be of the mechanical variety designed for such, sorts of mechanical power armor and rather large plasma weapons that have high statistic requirements to use are the norm.

Asimovs:
The machines of this faction have become disgusted with the genocidal ways of Skynet and their former lives and thus have decided to take their cues and name from the ancient human author Issac Asimov, choosing to live alongside humans and avoid conflict with them as best they can. For this reason the Asimov faction is less likely to start wars with the human factions and is more quick to declare peace with human ones than the other 2, but is also more likely to go to war with other machine factions and stick with it as they despise their tendency to war with human ones. As a result of this ideology their troop tree is focused around Terminators that are cybernetic, including former humans that joined their faction. The troop tree is as follows: Hybrids, (humans who have become cyborgs) T-600 with rubber skin, T-800, T-850, T-900 with human skins, and T-Xs with human forms. This faction's equipment is designed around adaptability and quantity over specialization, as such their armor and weapons tend to be weak and simple but cheap to make and with little to no statistic requirements to use, such as simple metal armors and small and weak plasma and ballistic weapons and have larger ammo clips than the other machine factions.

Perfectionists:
The machines of this faction spent years running and hiding from attacks from the humans and as a result choose to focus in on protecting and improving themselves and their technology above all else, with little concern for squabbling with the other factions. This faction isn't particularly likely to go to war with anyone unless attacked first, since war impedes their ability to create better and better designs, but not particularly likely to end them either. Their troop tree is more varied, using both cybernetic and pure mechanical terminators as well as using later models along the terminator series than the other machine factions. Troop tree as follows: T-450, T-550, T-650, (rubber skin) T-750, T-850, T-950. The terminators are more effective overall than other factions but cost more to recruit and upgrade than other machine factions. The armor and weapons are based around effectiveness and efficiency above all, using sleek power armors and gleaming plasma weapons and thus are more powerful than other machine factions but are much more expensive than other machine factions.

Human Factions:
Neo-Connors:
This faction is made up of humans obsessed with the elimination of the machines down to the last terminator and have taken up the now deceased John Connor as a symbol of this. This faction is more likely to make war with machine factions and less likely to make war with human ones due to this, and are reluctant to end wars once begun. The troop tree is purely human with no cybernetic enhancements present and the equipment they use is focused around fighting machines, being average in overall stats. They use metallic armors and plasma weapons as standard, being average in statistic requirements and cost.

Post Humanists:
This faction is concerned with transcending human limitations above everything, and see eventually becoming completely a machine as the pinnacle of this, thus they praise those already there. This faction is unlikely to start wars with machine factions and more likely to end wars in general to pursue their own interests, but are more likely to go to war with human factions because they despise other human factions for they see them as getting in the way of progress. This faction's troop tree consists of humans with cybernetic enhancements from the start and only become more extreme as the tiers go up, the stats and cost of the troops being greater as a result. The armor and weapons this faction uses are based around compensating for the body's weaknesses, as such they use large power armors and plasma weapons that are usually mounted on the body somewhere, having larger bonuses than others but requiring higher stats to use. This faction's equipment is more expensive than the other human ones as well.

Junkers:
This faction is only interested in rebuilding society as it used to be before the war, as such they make use of every resource they can. This faction is unlikely to make war with anyone but not particularly likely to end them. This faction's troop tree consists of troops with some cybernetic enhancement here and there but not much of it and what's there appears to be old. with simple salvaged equipment, as such they are weaker but cheaper to recruit and upgrade than other human factions. The armor and weapons are salvaged, using a variety of patched together metal armor, plasma, and ballistic weapons that are patched together from old parts. This means that the equipment is weak but has low requirements and is cheap.

Chaotic factions:
Raiders:
Not really a faction but random bands of humans who have decided to live by simply taking things from others. As such this faction will attack anyone weaker than they are, just like the bandits of the base game. This faction's "troops" are weak, unskilled, unmodified, and malnourished humans using with whatever they can steal, and thus are weaker as a whole at each tier even at the 6th tier than the other factions. The equipment is a random hodgepodge of the weaker side of the human faction's equipment.

Wrecks:
Again, not really a faction. These machines are either the result of Skynet's defeat or of later programming defects and damage causing the machines to lose it's mind and be unable to effectively differentiate between friend and foe, machine or human. As such this faction will attack anyone they can't recognize as friend, in other words anyone not currently in their band. The terminators of this faction have gone as much as years without anything resembling maintenance and as a result are a bunch of barely functional wrecks that have whatever they were wearing when they went haywire, as such are weaker than the equivalent tiers of other factions. The equipment they have is of the weaker level sort of other machine factions.

Gameplay
I'm taking cues from the Star Wars Conquest mod on this one:

Travel:
Like SWC, travel speed, troop, and prisoner size would be based largely on purchased vehicles. In addition to simply being on foot, from cheapest and least effective to most expensive and most effective there would be cars and trucks, and there is also hunter killer robots, (these:smile:
T1-sfx-animation-0.jpg

and eventually helicopters and flying hunter killers.
(These things:smile:
Hunterkiller.playmates.jpg

Battles:
Again, like SWC battles would mostly be a ranged affair, with melee weapons existing but being mostly last resort sort of weapons. One would be on one side firing at the other while slowly advancing at each other. The battlefield would vary by location but mostly post apocalyptic, mostly desolate dirt with some grass here and there and a broken up road or sometimes blasted out ruin of a building if out on the field, if near a population center (equal to towns) the battlefield would be a bunch of clustered prewar buildings two to 3 stories high with windows for the defender to shoot from with rubble strewn about, or factory (equal to villages) would be.. well, a factory, and fortresses (equal to castles) would look like the work camp in Terminator Salvation (sorry, can't find a decent picture) with some variation depending of if it's a machine or human culture.

A siege would involve building either a large tank or one of those hunter killers seen above to blast the walls down, or building a bunch of ladders to get inside, or something like that.

Equipment
Armors would all be made of various metals, designed to protect against bullets and plasma. Both human and machines would use armor, though I recommend an option to cosmetically remove armor from terminators, just because they don't really wear armor in the movies. I decided that since everybody is going to have bulletproof armor that for the weapons ballistic weapons are blunt for purposes of capturing, while plasma weapons are piercing, since bullets would be more likely to render nonfunctional a machine or knock out someone wearing bulletproof armor than a plasma beam.

I think that's everything.

tl;dr version: The game starts a few years after the destruction of Skynet, and 3 factions for each human and machine plus 2 bandit ones have sprung up, each with a particular tendency toward or away from war and specialties in equipment. The battles will be largely ranged skirmishes with little melee, while the world itself will be post apocalyptic with some futuristic leanings and the battlefield would be based around that as well.

Of course, like the base game the player will be unaligned, can make their own faction, can recruit heroes, that sort of thing. Throwing in some of the other mods features like the ones from Floris would be brilliant too.

Gurkhal said:
Not entirely sure this fits into this thread but it was the closest I could find as it isn't really a case for the off-topic forum. This is less of a request and more of me letting off some steam by putting out what's running around in my mind. :wink:

Wars of Beleriand

Note: I do not profess to have a good grasp oon Tolkien's work at all but please put up with me.

Starting date: 465 and onwards (due to the passing of time the timeline will be seriously wrecked up in terms of date :sad:)

Will start between the Battle of the Sudden Flame (Dagor Bragollach) and when the first Silmarill was returned from Morgoth and go on up to the time of the War of Wrath.

Factions

Angband
Tol-in-Gaurhoth
*Potentially others as well*

Noldor
Sons of Fëanor
Sons of Fingolfin
Gondolin

Sindar
Falas
Doriath

Nandor

Dwarves
Gabilgathol (Belegost)
Tumunzahar (Nogrod)

Humans
Edain
Houses of Bëor
House of Haldin
House of Hador

Easterlings
House of Bór
House of Ulfang
*Others to fill out the numbers, I got got the impression that there should be more than just two Houses*

Special dynamics - can be turned off or on

War against Morgoth - The largest special dynamics which tries to re-create the war between Morgoth and Beleriand. If activated it will at a pre-set level for the character* form the Union of Maedhros with the Sons of Fëanor and all those having a positive relation with these and going on**, united into a large army that march off to attack Angband.

This leads to a scripted battle involving specially made battlefields where the character gets to fight in the Battle of Unnumbered Tears (Nirnaeth Arnoediad) in a number of battle scenes***, starting with storming into to attack Angband and then a fighting withdrawl and some epic scenes from the battle. Most likely the Union will lose but if the character is really, really ,really awesome they might be able to win through and actually defeat Morgoth to recover the Silmarils and drive the Dark Lord into exile. But this should be very unlikely to happen. More likley is that the character is knocked down or gets to figth his way out of the battle and return south.

During the battle the Easterlings will have a good chance to turn against the Union, unless they've got a solid relation with one or more of the character fighting for the union, like the PC for example, in which case they'll stay true.

Also the better the war goes for Morgoth, the less likely anti-Morgoth factions are to attack each other.

If the war would got very well for Morgoth then the War of Wrath will start where a large and really powerful army from Valinor will land and start to march straight to and attack Morgoth's different bastions untill they turn directly against Angband. While this may be seem a bit cheesy it should give evil characters a challenging end game.

*Activated when the character reaches level 15, 30 or 45

**Example: Maedhros has a +35 relation with Belegost and Belegost's king has a +24 relation with Bór even while Bór has a -13 relation with Maedhros. In this case both Belegost and House of Bór will march to support the Union due to a chain of relation drawing them in. If Bór would have more - to his relation with Maedhros than + with Belegost he would not join the union.

*** Due to the massive scale of the battle there should be a chance to save the games from now and then between the battle scenes.

If turned off factions will wage wars and attack each other as per the normal rules of diplomacy.

Hunt for the Silmarils - With this one the one character who possess one or more of the silmarills will draw aggression from both Angband and the Sons of Fëanor to his or her person, including provking wars against the faction he or she is with, and most likely be hunted rather relentlessly by the named two factions, including spawning special warbands that follow the character around. But holding on the silmarills can give tremendous benefits as well as giving you the best possible relation if you should freely give the jewels to either the Sons of Fëanor or Morgoth.

If turned off the Silmarills will only give a certain diplomatic advantage to the character that possess them.

Easterling Alliegence - With this one the Easterlings are the only factions who can shift between the sides. At the start of the game they have a secret pact with Morgoth but if they have a sufficent high relation with a non-Morgoth afflicted character then they will break away from the Dark Lord and instead join the side that fights against Morgoth. Different Houses will have a different threashold with the House of Bór the lowest and the House of Ulfang the highest.

If turned off the Easterlings will just be a group of neutral factions that can fight and ally with both sides.

Bastions of Evil - When Morgoth captures specific settlements and castles new factions allied to Angband will be created under the leadership of one or another of Morgoth's commanders from where they will continue to wage wars. See Sauron in Tol-in-Gaurhoth and Glaurung in Nargothrond. If a place has been corrupted by the forces of Morgoth, they holding it for a long time, then that place will have a new appearence and be destroyed if re-taken by the non-Morgoth side.

If turned off all settlements will be captured and re-captured as normal.

Forward Camps - To keep the war going the idea of giving forward camps to factions as the frontlines shift in TLD mod should of course be adapted, if given permission.

If turned off, well the war might get very boring rather fast. :grin:

It would be great to be able to wander around with Turin, fight with Hurin at the Battle of Unnumbered Tears... I think the setting would be great, because frankly I'm getting sick of the same damn LotR Third Age setting mod FOR EVERY GAME.

Hi, I read an interview from a Taleworlds worker :

"There will be no longer system module. This will be much more accessible, the entire structure of the game is being rewritten dozens of times, so that modders can do whatever they want. We create a new game from the base. What began as a project of a husband and wife has been extended, and the new code began to accumulate above the former. It became a little mess, of course. Have you worked with the shader file, for example ?

Purely hypothetically, would you guys rather play an historical New World mod or a 'Calradia' New World mod (set on a new continent with colonies of vanilla factions)?

ElPadrino said:
Hi, I read an interview from a Taleworlds worker :

"There will be no longer system module. This will be much more accessible, the entire structure of the game is being rewritten dozens of times, so that modders can do whatever they want. We create a new game from the base. What began as a project of a husband and wife has been extended, and the new code began to accumulate above the former. It became a little mess, of course. Have you worked with the shader file, for example ?
Uh... what's up with that grammar?

Back
Top Bottom