Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Amman d Stazia

Master Knight
This is the way this thread should work:  The rules, if you like...

Please anyone who wants a mod made post their idea here.  if someone responds favourably, get in touch with them by private message, and then OPEN A NEW THREAD named after your mod idea.

This thread is only for people to float ideas.

THIS THREAD IS INTENDED FOR TWO TYPES OF POST

ONE - 'I have a mod idea - here are the details'

TWO - 'I like your idea, PM me and we can start working on it'

When the mod idea becomes a mod project, the original poster CAN edit their post to show a link to the dedicated mod thread.
I want the thread to be as under-posted as possible, to make it easy for people to see who has had what idea, and if anyone else has already volounteered to work on it.

that's all!!!

If you want a mod made, chances are someobdy else has had a similar idea.  If you have a read through the original post in
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,41715.msg1079481.html#msg1079481
you will find scores of mods here, which cover all the popular topics such as Tolkien, Ancient Rome, Firearms, Vikings, Far East, and much - nay, MUCH!!! - more.

Here's some tips, peoples, on how to get your idea received with positivity rather than scorn:

Whatever language you post in (I recommend English in this forum) make your best effort to be grammatically and vocabularily correct.  If your post reads like the work of an articulate and intelligent person, people will automatically give your ideas greater consideration than if you spew out gibberish.

Make your 'ideas' post as concise as possible.  Yes, if you have heaps of good material then do post it, but err on the conservative side: Nobody wants to wade through 4 pages of new dialogue ideas for NPCs before they get to the bit where you say that it is a Crimean War mod, or whatever the central theme is.

If you want to make a mod, then have a read of ruthven's thread at
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48405.msg1251842.html#msg1251842

which gives a very thorough list of the forum threads which can help you to get started all by yourself!

I want any mod that could use this!
afghanmusket8ou.png

A  long musket, with an afghan-style stock. I dono, you tell me :razz:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Amman d' Stazia said:
Please anyone who wants a mod made post their idea here.  if someone responds favourably, get in touch with them by private message, and then OPEN A NEW THREAD named after your mod idea.

This thread is only for people to float ideas.

Yes, similar threads have existed before, but the recent spate of 'hey, here's a mod idea' posts suggest we need a new one.

I am not baby-sitting this, I'm just opening the thread.

If this turns into another 'sounds like a good idea but how about this' thread, with pages of ideas bouncing around, I'll ask the mods to lock it and delete it.

THIS THREAD IS INTENDED FOR TWO TYPES OF POST

ONE - 'I have a mod idea - here are the details'

TWO - 'I like your idea, PM me and we can start working on it'

When the mod idea becomes a mod project, the original poster CAN edit their post to show a link to the dedicated mod thread.
I want the thread to be as under-posted as possible, to make it easy for people to see who has had what idea, and if anyone else has already volounteered to work on it.

that's all!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I just finished reading the book "the fall of Lucifer" and it inspired me. I think a mod involving a war of Lucifer and his fallen angels against Michael and his angels would be awesome.

things I envision for it:
total weapon replacement. mainly swords and daggers. not sure I want to include bows/crossbows or polearms in it.
mainly robes and lightly armored warriors, other than high ranked angels.
new horse designs.
new map (of course)
alot of new castle designs.

most of my modelling talent is in weapons and buildings. haven't really tried anything in regards to armor or helms as of yet. haven't really tried scripting either, but I'm gonna give it a shot soon to see how it is. so that gives you an idea of what type of help I'm lookin for :razz:

anyway, if anyone has some more ideas and/or wants to help out on this, let me know :mrgreen:

I dont know if anyone has read them, but the Drenai Books by David Gemmell would (I think) work well in M&B, as it's a fantasy, medieval world.

I really would like to just get a mod where I could import my other already saved characters.
Anyway mabe this can be made by only making it available to change borcha & marin name.
And well importing then yer what ever already made char.
If this exist can you link me pliz im ahhh totaly in the dark about creating mods scripting all that good stuff.
Just like M&B for what it is but I dont like the fact i cant import the character I first played into borcha spot.

Can any one help!!! PLIZ!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm thinking about starting some medieval constantinopel mod. I've recently worked on some conan mod, but lack of concept and the fact that m&b doesn't quite feel conanish has made me rethinking. well, I would need some researchers and map makers, but it's an era I think is perfect for M&b. inner conflicts in the byzantine empire might be a good era to start. also, hopefully more people would be interrested

dark_shadow89 said:
I dont know if anyone has read them, but the Drenai Books by David Gemmell would (I think) work well in M&B, as it's a fantasy, medieval world.

i have reade the books of gemmell! i got 3 of them and i love them! so a mod about the books should be very greate!:smile:

i would like to see a worlde war 1 mod or maybe even a world war 2 mod but it it almost impossible without animation editing

Most excellent. This thread is being mis-used in just the way I hoped. Go on folks, fill it with all your mod ideas! I don't think anyone will mind.

Scion: I for one am very excited about the Byzantine idea. It's a special love of mine. I hope that you can get some other experienced people on board. If I gain any skills (which is looking more likely right now) I'd be glad to help.

octoburn said:
I just finished reading the book "the fall of Lucifer" and it inspired me. I think a mod involving a war of Lucifer and his fallen angels against Michael and his angels would be awesome.
anyway, if anyone has some more ideas and/or wants to help out on this, let me know :mrgreen:

Haven't read the book but I have read Milton's Paradise Lost which covers the same element.  I think this would be a great Mod as Milton describes what Hell looks like (Possibility of ice/fire/brimstone landscapes!!!!)

dark_shadow89 said:

Would agree.  This suggestion makes me wish I could mod, actually I believe I may learn because of this.  I would agree wholeheartedly.  You have a custom made map, ready races, special characters and some excellent story lines to follow.  Druss at Dros Delnoch, Waylander searching for the Bronze Armour, Skilgannon redeeming himself for past misdeeds, the list could go on.  I'm learning how to mod as of tonight.

Merentha said:
Waylander is the best story, I think, but Druss falls better in a combat game.

For a combat game Druss is fantastic.  However, I believe Waylander is an opportunity for more than just combat.  You can have combat with his encounters and assassinations, parties with the likes of Dardalion and Angel.  Sieges with Jonat and Gelan.  Moving through the books it could end up with the character acting as a lord, with his own 'people', his own lands, generating incomes, employing soldiers, defending his realm, the list could go on.

For shorter Mods though, although not Drenai, could look at Gemmell's novel Dark Moon, and the wars between humanity, the Daroth and the Eldarin?

I have a mod idea, but I don't have the time to do it, between Forgotten Glory and GCSE coursework.
Still, if it tickles your interest, it's worth posting.

Battle of the Gods - Gods fight it out with things like Titans, Medusa etc.

Zeus - throwable lightning bolts - could just be a reskin for a javelin, with particle effects and scripting so it glows, sends out tenrils of energy (just an effect) and disappears on contact.

Thor - Stonking great war hammer, like an oversized lumphammer on a longer pole - sledgehammer, now I come to think about it...

I know a lot of these effects are possible - I've seen screenshots of magic and fireballs in someone's mod (fisheye or yoshiboy, I think)

Research would be needed into the gods to find out how they were armed, how they looked etc.
I think it's a feasible, if hard, mod idea, but unfortunately I have no time to try it, so I'm just giving out the idea.

How about a mod based on the books Eragon and Eldest?  It is a medieval setting but it does have magic.  Making magic a thrown weapon wouldn't be too hard and changing the words missiles to energy.  Just a thought.

Leprechaun said:

Very cool. I think I'd want just one genre though - something like a Ragnarok scenario would be great. Gods could be heros. Wow, I really want to think about this idea.

Leprechaun said:
I have a mod idea, but I don't have the time to do it, between Forgotten Glory and GCSE coursework.
Still, if it tickles your interest, it's worth posting.

Zeus - throwable lightning bolts - could just be a reskin for a javelin, with particle effects and scripting so it glows, sends out tenrils of energy (just an effect) and disappears on contact.

Odin (I think he's the one with the hammer) - Stonking great war hammer, like an oversized lumphammer on a longer pole - sledgehammer, now I come to think about it...

I know a lot of these effects are possible - I've seen screenshots of magic and fireballs in someone's mod (fisheye or yoshiboy, I think)

Research would be needed into the gods to find out how they were armed, how they looked etc.
I think it's a feasible, if hard, mod idea, but unfortunately I have no time to try it, so I'm just giving out the idea.

I love thew myth stuff, (Thor has the hammer) and I think that this is an excelent idea for a mod.  The Norse believed that the world would end in Ragnarok where the gods fight a battle that destroys the world, and the Greek gods were constantly bickering.  Both mythologies have clear geographies, unit types and weapons.  I am currently involved in a mod, but I support this idea.

The time of the Scottish Border Reivers would be pretty much the most perfect setting for a Mount&Blade mod. They were some of the best light cavalry in existance, riding around the English-Scotland border plundering and looting for their respective families. They rode small horses and used cavalry lances, longbows, crossbows, swords, and later matchlocks and pistols. If you were a Border Reiver you could join a clan and do some marauding, take up a feud with another clan, do a little mercenary work for England or Scotland, rustle some sheep, siege a bastle house, take a town - and all in a stylish Burgonet helm!

It was like the wild west of the British Isles.

Back
Top Bottom