Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hethwill

Master Knight
20 Years After

M&B Warband MP & SP Mod

Current closed version, 0.04

A Mod aimed to bring the balance of realism into M&B concept even more through the rework of game mechanics, equipment review, faction redesign and inclusion of new content.

Features:

• Faction redesign
All factions will be under revision, from visuals to the way of reflecting each faction philosophies into battle.

• Calradia map expansion
A new area will be added, beyond the Sarranid deserts to accommodate a new faction.

• New faction inclusion
A new faction will be created, placed into the new map area and unique and perfectly acceptable into the M&B universe.
This complies the working out of a new culture with its architecture, looks, and so forth.

• Redrawn animations
All animations will be reworked to port a more realistic and natural feel while reflecting weapon speeds difference between 1H and 2H more accurately.

• Eye Candy
A light to medium rework of native texture aiming to add more sensation of battle gear.

• MP Maps
Revision of the official MP maps, adding an alternative version to each and creation of a standalone map pack.

• Weapon redesign
The establishment of weapon specializations instead of being just a matter of taste or stats, working them to reflect historical accuracy.

• MP Evolved
This part comprises the elaboration of UI and added possibilities to be used in full during multiplayer game modes.
Ideas certain flourish in this area, some are possible, and others are not.

Before any more details are disclosed and if you wish to gather round this hobby project, please refer to me for a start, but before you jump in and join up know that I never before mod intensively. All I did was tryouts, tinkering here and there with the Module System or devising new textures to use or sounds to include.

One must start somewhere, and being the release mere days away, I finally set my eyes upon expanding the expansion :smile:

Thanks for your attention.

Hethwill Eskeath, the Unlucky
aka. The Khan

from my notes book

All these are primitive ideas, raw and unrefined. If you wish it so leave your constructive contribution, providing background and ideas to develop following the ones i share here.

One improvement i wish to include in game is the FIXED equipment class. It may be the elite of a certain faction or a mercenary troop type, but in the end, they have no equipment selection available other than the fixed one.

Part One.A

Factions Review

• Swadia

Swadia military philosophy sustains that both mounted and dismounted men-at-arms supported by the crossbow is the ultimate army.
Having a strong cavalry and knighthood tradition encroached in their society the natural arm is the heavy cavalryman and the dismounted knight.
It is a army based on highly proficient heavy troops and therefore expensive to recruit, train and maintain.

Swadia will see the inclusion of new classes and also the remaking of the existing ones as i envision it.

The Knight, being the epitome of heavy cavalry, will be constructed with a “fixed” equipment array.

The Squire, being the light cavalry of the faction is comparatively medium when compared to other factions.

Infantry will keep its status with a major equipment overhaul to reflect the “knightlyl” standing of the Swadian armed forces.

The “shooters” class will be divided into Mercenary Crossbowmen and Foresters.

Mercenary Crossbowman – A non native class with a vast array of equipment selection.

Foresters are the feudal subjects and will be the peasant class of Swadia, having access to unique equipment while not being specialized in any skill. Short bow availability represents their status as game hunters not battle archers.

• Vaegir

Vaegir culture is based upon mountains and forests and deep winters.
They are woodsmen at their hearts and also hunters, being Reyvadin the exception as a city native to vast plains region and the Vaegir cavalry takes heart here.

The regular Vaegir army fields a strong contingent of archers and axe men/spearmen backed up by heavy cavalry. They are a
strong defensive setup lacking the heavy types.

Vaegir will see the inclusion of new classes along with the revamp of the existing ones.

Woodsman – The mainstay infantry of the Vaegir, these soldiers are purely offensive. Their array of equipment choice makes them versatile skirmishers and shock troops while retaining lightweight mobility

Mounted Archer – An improvement made after innumerous clashes with the Khanate, these use mounts to ride up to battle or use them to fast position themselves where most needed. Unlike the steppe natives, these are not horse archers but mounted archers, therefore unable to shoot from horseback.

Reyvadin Cavalry – The Vaegir cavalry type. They are not the light fast type but rather a shock force bearing the axe and created to deliver a massive charge. They have a good equipment selection but only heavy horse types and armor.

Raider Mercenary – This unique class provides the Vaegir with shock infantry. Mostly drawn from Nord native type and bearing a standard fixed equipment setup.

The native Archer class will be upgraded to a professional standing rather than the peasant type of the original.

The existing infantry type will lose the skirmisher status and will be focused on the medium spearman with a broad access to equipment.

more to come soon

Interesting ideas, they sound promising. You mention mounted archers for the Vaegirs, I presume they won't have horses on the battlefield, and that they will simply have the movement speed of a cavalry unit on the campaign map?

Secondly, and I hesitate to make suggestions to a modder because you surely have your own ideas on this, have you thought about changing the way recruitment is done from Native? I see that you have considered making the Swadian knights expensive to recruit and maintain, but what about making them recruitable separately from the main upgrade tree, perhaps only available from castles? I was thinking a small number could be recruited every so often, maybe recruited immediately as knights, or as men at arms first and then upgrading to knights. It could be another way to keep the proportion of knights down, and a system which can't be circumvented by making huge amounts of money (which is almost always possible eventually). Finally, is there a way that you know of to alter the proportion of different troop types in AI armies?

Quite an ambitious mod you have in mind. I quite like the features you're planning to implement/change.
Hope you'll have what it takes to make a mod of this calibre. Good luck!

I'm just a fellow full of ideas and with intelligence given by God to learn some new hobby skills, and your ideas are as valid as mine, so feel free to share them if you feel like it.

To brainstorm:

The Knights have to be provided to a lord through a "variable rate" and he may not evade its recruitment starting cost and maintenance, because they represent the landlords, sons, counts and so on and therefore "un-disbandable" unless of course...sent into a glorious charge to death... To sum, they will not be recruited but rather spawn.

The new faction will not be Byzantines. A hint: the new base area will be set beyond the sarranid deserts.

Beyond the deserts... That either means further to the southern African tribes, or far east to China and/or Japan.

Hethwill said:
"unnamed"
M&B Warband MP & SP Mod

A Mod aimed to bring the balance of realism into M&B concept even more through the rework of game mechanics, equipment review, faction redesign and inclusion of new content.

Features:

• Faction redesign
All factions will be under revision, from visuals to the way of reflecting each faction philosophies into battle.

• Caldaria map expansion
A new area will be added, beyond the Sarranid deserts to accommodate a new faction.

Caldaria you say?

Feragorn said:
Hethwill said:
"unnamed"
M&B Warband MP & SP Mod

Features:

• Faction redesign

• Caldaria map expansion

Caldaria you say?

what?

Oh! typo?

Sounds great.

Just a little request for a feature you could implement: could you tweak the hit taken for having a sizable party? -22 for party size is ridiculous with 23 people. It should be closer to -5 to -8. -22 should be for something over 100.

This sounds good, as long as you can do a good chunk of the work yourself, and don't try to get others to do everything for you.

I'm not saying you are, but modders hate people with 'great ideas' and no knowledge or motivation to implement them themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom