How the hell do I convince someone to read Berserk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Evilknightz

Grandmaster Knight
How can I describe this manga?

I usually try

"Umm, it's about the misadventures of a giant silent protagonist and his annoying ass sidekicks"

But that doesn't do Berserk justice.

Evilknightz said:
How can I describe this manga?

I usually try

"Umm, it's about the misadventures of a giant silent protagonist and his annoying ass sidekicks"

But that doesn't do Berserk justice.

Never read, but from what I've heard, just say "OMIGOD THERE'S SO MANY BATTLES, YOU HAS TO READS IT!"

Tell him it is s good that he will have very hard time finding something like that again.
Or just say He has the biggest sword ever!!!!!!!

Lie. Tell him it's all about happiness and joy and all this other crap. /sarcasm.

But in all seriousness, just lay down a synopsis that goes something like:

'In a world where men don't die, and women are as chaste as ever, there is one who dares to stand against it! HIS NAME IS GATTSU! The Black Swordsman!'

Gomen, gomen. I can't help it. I'm hyped up on sugar.

But to get him interested...humn. What does he like in a manga? Try telling all the sell-sell points of it, like the political intrique, the violence, the excellent story...the characters! The arcs! Really, just..try to warm him up to the idea, and let him read a few chapters; hell, read him a chapter from way in the future of Berserk, that's mysterious and sort of cliff-hangy. That might get him on edge and want to read from chapter 1 all the way through.

Try all different methods~ Except for the two I posted before my sensible one's. Those were just me being sarcastic, and I apologize.

-Kiri.

Try this:

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Guts is badass.

I prefer it this way

Tits...ass...*****...blood...sex...and I think there might be some story in it somewhere....sex....violence...violence...might be some plot...ect

Anyway, just say that it has a great story, that it has quite a bit of gore, and great art.

If he gets into M&B, tell him to play this mod. Alternatively, get him to watch the anime. Either of those is a lot less tricky than convincing someone to read a pile of manga at something like $15 a book.

Cyzyk said:
If he gets into M&B, tell him to play this mod. Alternatively, get him to watch the anime. Either of those is a lot less tricky than convincing someone to read a pile of manga at something like $15 a book.

That's what illegal internet reading sites are for!

bizzarely if they priced the translations a bit more fairly (ande didnt take so long to do them) they'd get a lot more sales and profit (i mean all manga publication companies that is).

- but yeah i reckon the best way to get someone to read this is gonna be the description of his awesome sword, its a good read.

Back
Top Bottom