MP Modern Apocalypse Warband Desolation (MP Zombies)- Looking for Team

Users who are viewing this thread

sathe

Banned
I am a professional Modeler/3D Artist who helped create the original Cod2 and 4 zombie Game type and Would love to implement this into Warband MP. (Not a port, the Gametype)
I am looking for a small team of 3 (Max4), also interested in the Same goal to collaborate with, Mainly with Coding abilities.
The art side is not a problem but I am no coder.
Work Examples- http://sathe.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Edit-

Some Early Promotional Stuff- Logo, Faction icons and concept Sculpt
****ty Player hands. Needs loads of work-

I Can repay all those who help with a free back rub courtesy of Spree.

For those not familiar with the EXACT mechanics I Would like to Implement, It's identical to Cod2

Game starts- Random Zombie chosen- Must use bare fists, or weapons picked up to Kill Survivors, As Survivors Die, They Re spawn as Zombies to Infect other Survivors.

Survivors will be kitted out with the usual Hunting Gear- Knives, Shotguns, Baseball Bats, Chainsaws, Nappies, you name it.  The list goes on.
Would love to implement a Night Time Sky box, and Darken the Distance Fog, but apart from that It's pretty standard stuff that could be smashed out quickly.

With a dedicated Coder/s We Could get this Running in under 8 weeks.

63 players/ 100 bots chasing your ass. Good Luck.

I just watched your portfolio...

and...

my jaw dropped to the floor. My initial question was "Wow! Why is someone as excellent at this making a Warband module?" Hehe.

The coding part does not look very big. Only one game mode, and the only tricky thing as far as I can see is animation stuff.
Major hassle would be to assign zombies with believable animations. Those can't be differentiated by race so far. Clever change in rigging and somewhat distorted skeleton can make movements sufficiently distorted though, but it's a lot of trial and error. Also, dunno if speed limit works in WB for human players, it does not in MB.

Scene editing does not have any problems. Dence dark fog is perfectly possible, as is night skybox. In fact, black fog simulates night just fine with any skybox :smile:

EDIT: oh, regarding lower speed of zombies, you can give them low athletics and weighty equipped items, so they can be made to walk only

For night you can use the new command in warband called scene_set_day_time.

If you're an professional, I suggest you to work on an different game mode, like Warband WWII (uhh, shooting with an MP40, great), that mod would be greately apreciated by community, or why not an 1400 mod ? There are enough zombie mods...but it's your choice, if you want to do that, good luck. :smile:

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Noone, but all the modders want to port their mods in Warband. I don't try to stop that, I had only a few sugestions.
In other words you do not know what you are talking about (MP vs SP), but go on and suggest people what they should do w/o even trying to read the first post (the guy does zombie mods for different games and and has all the models and mechanics concepts).
WTG! :mrgreen:

GetAssista said:
Swadian Man at Arms said:
Noone, but all the modders want to port their mods in Warband. I don't try to stop that, I had only a few sugestions.
In other words you do not know what you are talking about (MP vs SP), but go on and suggest people what they should do w/o even trying to read the first post (the guy does zombie mods for different games and and has all the models and mechanics concepts).
WTG! :mrgreen:

Agreed.

I, for one, am happy to have an industry professional in the community (I'm aware there may be one or two, already).

GetAssista said:
The coding part does not look very big. Only one game mode, and the only tricky thing as far as I can see is animation stuff.
Major hassle would be to assign zombies with believable animations. Those can't be differentiated by race so far. Clever change in rigging and somewhat distorted skeleton can make movements sufficiently distorted though, but it's a lot of trial and error. Also, dunno if speed limit works in WB for human players, it does not in MB.

Scene editing does not have any problems. Dence dark fog is perfectly possible, as is night skybox. In fact, black fog simulates night just fine with any skybox :smile:

EDIT: oh, regarding lower speed of zombies, you can give them low athletics and weighty equipped items, so they can be made to walk only

Cheers for Responses helping out so far.
I Kind of expected this to not be such a huge task to change the game mode and I'm more than satisfied to keep animations for zombies untouched until I've learned the module system a little better.
So we are looking at mainly one Game-type write up, a few Level hacks, a few Weapon swap-outs? And The Rest I Can sort out my end.
Getting closer to a reality!

If your cant find any help I can try a few things I am not very good at coding but  I can do weapon swap outs and make your zombies run slow for sure.  Game mode changes I would have a hard problem doing without some good examples.  I have never done skin changes before but I am pretty sure there is a few easy to follow guides on it. I can also answer some of your module questions. I am by no means an expert or anything but I have learned a bit about the system over the month or so I been playing around with it.  Cdvader, Yoshiboy etc are really some of the top fan coders, but if they are all tied I can be of some limited help.

Back
Top Bottom