Warband Campaign (in development)

Users who are viewing this thread

boubaz

Regular
Midwinter, anno MCCLXVI.

You are not part of those who have died.
You did not suffer from fever, did not feel the chill or discomfort, not even dizzy.
The suppurating buboes that grew on the body of your loved ones do not appear on your skin.
Maybe having participated in the processions of flagellants and some prayers kept you live.
Unless this is some of the families of heretics, lepers or Vaegirs accused of spreading the disease and that you sent to the stake prevent you from the curse.
Whatever, you are sure this is not witchcraft that you saved because you did not absorbed bezoars and you have not experienced much less bleeding and purges.
The latter bodies are carried by survivors on the heap of ashes whence smoke out since 7 months now.
The low stability which reigned over the land has disappeared.
Almost all villages have been burned or looted, the population has fled, struck down by packs of bandits roamed the countryside.

Your old wealth allowed you to preserve what once was expensive, a sword, a shield or a bow and some arrows, perhaps even by chance a tired horse.
Today, you now find yourself with other lords.
After much deliberation you have decided to cooperate in taking possession of many territories abandoned. You know that if you do nothing to protect you and revive the kingdom
you're doomed and you may need to sell your weapons to survive.
But for this you will certainly face other foes who will want their own share of the cake. Maybe even in your ranks, some are more megalomaniac than you or more stingy.

Remember, protect your back and fight with honor, you will get rewarded ...

Welcome Warband Campaigns

[Translation from Brice_lee introduction to warband campaign]

Warbands Campaign

(For your information the project is pretty well advanced I'll provide some screenshots later in the post)
The goal of warbands campaign is to bring a multiplayer Role playing experience  to mount and blade warbands, through an online board game.
The mod is based on a website that will help player to organize campaign between 2 or more armies.

The campaign goal is set by the game master. [Basic goal are invade the enemy capital or get most territory]
The game is turn based, each player has action point that are renewed each day.

Players:
We have 3 types of player in warbands campaign:
  • A game master
  • Kings
  • Knights

The game master

The game master is able to:
  • Create new maps
    Screen_shot_2010-03-09_at_9.24.23_AM.png
  • Create campaigns
    new_campaign.png
  • Organize battles. (Setup the time, and server)
    battle_setup.png
  • Create events. (Tournament, hunt, indication ...)
  • Resolves battle. (Indicate who win the battle)

Kings
Each army have 1 king. At first the first king is named by the game master (you can ask the game master which player needs to be king army).
A king is the only one that can annex new territory. He can also give and take back the territory to/from any knight.

Once a knight has been given land he can manage that land an build structures that will help the army. Village, city, castle, trebuchet ...
Exchange.png

join_battle.png

Knights
Each knights can move in the territory owned by the army and transport resource from one land to the other to help building structures.
All knight can participate battle or events (tough they have to login and indicate that they are joining the event).

There are more to it... So I'll keep the rest for later (I am hungry).

We have been working since december. We are about 80% done on the development, we should have a playable version in a bit more than a month. I 'll be adding more screenshots later.
Hope you will like it :smile:.

Wow, amazing.

Will battles be like they are in Tribal Wars or something similar?

Yes the battle are fought in warbands. The app will help players to easily organize battles.

We also have an online map editor, where game master will be able to link their custom map as a background image, then place the city via tools.
We tried to make it easy to setup, a customable campaign.

Warband campaign is more about a tool to easily put a campaign in place and add more RP in warband.

I added more screenshots, I think they they will provide more insight of how it is played.

HULKSMASH: tBfC is Battle of Caldaria? I that case I think it will be possible though I think most of the specific rules will be handled by the game master.
Once we will get a beta out hope we can workout some new additional feature enable an integration if you interested. (But I guess you will have to be patient till then)

Saw the applet a while before but now it is uch better as i see it.

Will be using it for sure.

Thanks for your sweat on this. Kudos !

boubaz said:
HULKSMASH: tBfC is Battle of Caldaria? I that case I think it will be possible though I think most of the specific rules will be handled by the game master.
Once we will get a beta out hope we can workout some new additional feature enable an integration if you interested. (But I guess you will have to be patient till then)

Yeah, tBfC's still in development, so take your time.

Whoa, are you serious? I've been spending a lot of time working a similar idea.  I've got some pretty serious ideas.  We should collaborate.

Hi I have a question for modders and server admin, is it possible to limit the number of troop per army in game?
Let's say we want that in a battle of 10 people in each army we want that the number arche and cav is limited by 3.

Because we think it would help the battles to be more interesting.

We are about to be done !! we currently running close beta and finishing up last development. In about a bit more than a week or 2.
I will open the access to everyone.

Plus we need after we are done we still need to put up some tutorial about the rules.
But it will be soon available :smile:, I promise.

A little preview about features are:
- Internal forum for the army
- Event that are automatically generated + Custom event created by the game master
- Reputation System every action will give you more reputation points
- Game masters will be able to build any resource anywhere they want, distribute resource to any land or knights
distribute reputation points so you will be able to organize custom events (distribute loot, place bets :smile:, ....)

Back
Top Bottom